ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 - Query about Passport process.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

E44302

MN1 - Query about Passport process.

Post by E44302 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Hello All,

I found a link to check the status of the passport for postal applications. I used that link to submit an inquiry for my child's passport which I have submitted using the NCS service using local council about a couple of months back. I have used the 9 digit bar code on top the council stuck on the form. I was able to submit an inquiry. I received a reply from Liverpool office saying that the passport has been printed already. However I have not received it.

My question is: Is anyone aware of the process the MN1 is all about? Does the HO get the passport and keeps it till the approval of the Naturalisation Certificate and then sends both the documents together at the end? If the passport is already printed what is the delay? We should at least get the passport. Certificate can be sent whenver they wish to. This is simply holding everyone up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 - Query about Passport process.

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:38 pm

You will only get the passport once the British citizenship is approved and certificate posted to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:02 pm

CR001 wrote:You will only get the passport once the British citizenship is approved and certificate posted to you.
In my child's case, MN1 JCAP, passport received on 30 June, still awaiting Certificate. Todah have emailed Nationality Enquiries after getting advice from Home office helpline.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:26 pm

plabo wrote:
CR001 wrote:You will only get the passport once the British citizenship is approved and certificate posted to you.
In my child's case, MN1 JCAP, passport received on 30 June, still awaiting Certificate. Todah have emailed Nationality Enquiries after getting advice from Home office helpline.
Not a common occurrence though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

E44302

Post by E44302 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:41 am

Thank you for your reply guys. (Thank you CR001)

I replied to the email they sent yesterday and they replied it was an error on their part and they actually gave wrong information. Poor customer service!

@plabo, Who cares about the certificate if you have the passport? :D I would be happy if I have the childs passport. I can make travel plans etc. The certificate can come anytime later. Also can you please tell me what email address did you send the inquiries to regarding the status of the passport application? Also is there a helpline number to call on? I am waiting for the passport and wanted to see if they could speed up the process due to some emergency at my end.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:16 pm

E44302 wrote:Thank you for your reply guys. (Thank you CR001)

I replied to the email they sent yesterday and they replied it was an error on their part and they actually gave wrong information. Poor customer service!

@plabo, Who cares about the certificate if you have the passport? :D I would be happy if I have the childs passport. I can make travel plans etc. The certificate can come anytime later. Also can you please tell me what email address did you send the inquiries to regarding the status of the passport application? Also is there a helpline number to call on? I am waiting for the passport and wanted to see if they could speed up the process due to some emergency at my end.
Your child needs the certificate for LIFE to prove his entitlement to UK citizenship. There are plenty of stories on this forum where many years down the line HO at time of passport renewal has asked for the Certificate!

No special phone number, just the same 0300 one.

Lastly, the HO will not expedite your case.

E44302

Post by E44302 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:15 am

Thanks for your reply Plabo.

I am not saying I dont need the certificate. I am in no way saying that it is not important. Eventually I will take it. Its just that it is not required immediately in future for travelling etc.

I know HO may not respond but there's no harm in trying, what have I got to lose?