ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

November 2016 Naturalisation Issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

knowpain

November 2016 Naturalisation Issue

Post by knowpain » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Hello dear Board Members,

I just have a quick question and abit concerning one.

I applied for my Naturalisation via Wembley Office. For Naturalisation and Passport Service together on 2nd November 2016.

I gave my Bio Metrics on 19th or 20th November 2016. But ever since then i have not heard anything back form Home office at all. I called them maybe last month or so after the 6 months completion but they gave the generic answer " Its under Process and you have to wait" .

I can clearly see on average 3-4 months is the maximum time people get the Passports.

Can anyone shed the light why i have not heard anything so far. I check my post everyday as well.
I applied based on 10 years route and married to british citizen.

What should i do now ?

Thanks in advance for sound advice.

argus7
Wales

Re: November 2016 Naturalisation Issue

Post by argus7 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Is yours a complex case during 10 year immigration history, Relax and be patient. No one here can predict exact time lines.

knowpain

Post by knowpain » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Its not a complex case actually. I got my Indefinite very comfortably as well.

And yeah being here long enough i understand no one knows the exact timelines and Being Home Office one just needs to be patient and wait.

Was just wondering so thought let me ask.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:00 pm

ILR rules and completely different and separate to Nationality Laws, don't confuse the two or assume they are the same.

We have had members on the forum waiting 2 years for approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.