ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

oyster card conviction before 3 years for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

Mohammad Alam
Newly Registered

oyster card conviction before 3 years for naturalisation

Post by Mohammad Alam » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:23 pm

I had a conviction at 30th June 2014 for oyster travel card from court. I had my ILR last year and I have mention it to caseworker by a cover letter that I had two penalty and each was £42 when I apply for ILR. It was non custodial sentence and it appears in my CRB. Now I am ready to apply for my naturalization but scared about the rules of good character. Is this going to be a problem for my naturalization application? Even though it has been 3 years since this happen. I need some advice please.

My offence was -Attempting to travel without paying rail fair on 12 March 2014 regulation of Railway Act 1889 S.(5)(3)(A).
Date of Conviction was - 30 June 2012.

Please anybody gone through this also advice. Thank you everyone.

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: oyster card conviction before 3 years for naturalisation

Post by safatafa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:56 am

Hi there

there is a strict good character requirement, i would wait if i were you. u need to have a clean history for the last 10 years.

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:20 am

I would disagree with the respected member above. The 10 year rule applies to immigration breaches. The threshold for non custodial criminal convictions is 3 years from the date of conviction. Seniors can advise better.

nwo
Newly Registered

Post by nwo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:02 am

I agree with coldwinter

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:46 am

Does the late WRS registration counts as a breach of immigration laws? I got my PR 5 years ago even though WRS was 4 years late (got it in 2010).

Mohammad Alam
Newly Registered

Post by Mohammad Alam » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Thank you cold winter. I will go to Ncs and apply. Just wanted to have some advice from you guys.