ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zuly1820

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Zuly1820 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:05 am

Hi lindadarkwa,

Here's the international visa enquiry service contact details:

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.
You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.

Hope this helps!

Update on my situation: a month since the decision has been made haven't received passport yet nor any confirmation email! Called and was told that the process has been escalated and I should just wait until an email is sent to me!

What action can we take If I was advised that I should hear something after 15 days, however nothing is done and whenever I call to follow up (after 15 days) they keep saying we have escalated and you should wait another 15 days from current call before contacting again?

All the best!

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Zuly1820 wrote:Hi lindadarkwa,

Here's the international visa enquiry service contact details:

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.
You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.

Hope this helps!

Update on my situation: a month since the decision has been made haven't received passport yet nor any confirmation email! Called and was told that the process has been escalated and I should just wait until an email is sent to me!

What action can we take If I was advised that I should hear something after 15 days, however nothing is done and whenever I call to follow up (after 15 days) they keep saying we have escalated and you should wait another 15 days from current call before contacting again?

All the best!

Hi Zuly

I think you should go to the VFS you have applied from, my friend's passport was in Delhi's VFS for a week without informing him for collection, he coincidentally went to the VFS and found out that his passport was ready for collection but he never got informed.

Curlysue
Newly Registered

Post by Curlysue » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Hello All!

First of all, I'd like to say big thanks to all people posting their stories here - reading them has been very helpful!
Here's my story.
My British husband and non-EEA myself are in the same boat. I applied for my EEA family permit on 19 May in Madrid, had my biometrics taken on the same day, got an email from Sheffield on 29 May saying that they received my application.
Well, I have been waiting ever since.
We contacted the UKVI 4 times now both by email and by phone and had very little sensible information from them. After much pressure we were told that the decision had been made on 8 June but no further details on when my passport was going to be sent back. The case was escalated on the 28 June and still nothing.
I was also given a link to a TLSContact website where I can track my application online - it still states that "your application is now with the UKVI for a decision" and the relevant box "decision made" is not ticked.
Just now, having read this thread, I came across this link https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus and it says "Decided" on 7 June. It also says that the decision will be posted within 10 working days. Guess what? I escalated the case 15 working days after the decision - nothing! It is now 25 working days after the decision and 10 days after escalation - nothing!
I wonder if I will ever see my passport again???
Anyway, good luck and lots of patience to all of us waiting!

Darya

VikaVictoria
Newly Registered

Post by VikaVictoria » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:56 am

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share how it's going on with my first application. My husband is EU citizen, living in the UK and I'm from outside of the EU.

Location of Appointment: Ekaterinburg, Russia.

The application updates are:
Date submitted: 25/05/2017 at 09.47 a.m.;
Biometrics was taken: 25/05/2017 at around 09.55- 10.00 a.m.;
Application transferred to the Embassy: 25/05/2017 at 12.49 p.m.;
UKVI received the application: 31/05/2017 at 18.59 p.m.;
Received an email, saying the application is not straightforward by Sheffield Visa Section: 14/06/2017 at 13.24 p.m.

29/06/2017 my husband phoned the UK Visas and Immigration (the call was about 17 minutes) and he escalated the application. After that nobody has contacted us.
13/07/2017 I emailed UK Visas and Immigration, they said "your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval" :? They confirmed the escalation has been made and someone will get back to me by next week Thursday 20th July, because the escalation takes 15 working days.

We applied with following documents:
Information about me:
  • Printed and signed VAF5 application form;
    Current passport for travelling abroad - original and copies of all of the pages;
    2 expired passports for travelling abroad (with visas) - originals and copies of all of the pages;
    Internal Russian passport - copy;
    2 expired Italian permits and 1 current Italian permit - copies. The documents were translated from Italian into English by me;
    Name Changing Certificate - copy. The document was translated from Russian into English by me;
    2 Flat Ownership documents in Russia - copies. Translated by me.
From my husband:
  • Certified copy of my husband’s passport;
    ID card - copy;
    National Insurance Number - copy;
    Bank statements (showing what has been paid in and out of his account for up to the previous 6 months; the payments of the salary are shown)- original;
    Saving statements - original;
    Employment contract - original;
    Tenancy agreement (1 bedroom flat in London, he moved in June 2017, the contract is for 1 year and he paid for 6 months in advance (it is shown on the bank transfer)) - original and copies;
    Payslips (covering up to the previous 6 months) - copies;
    Signed cover letter - copy. In the cover letter, my husband explained how we met in 2011 (at work) and why our official relationship has started in January 2016. He also says that I will be joining him in the UK and he will be supporting me financially once there, saying we will not ask for any benefits etc.
Evidence of the relationship with my husband and any contact between us:
  • 2 employment contracts from the company we were both working at the time (2011) - copies;
    Marriage certificate (we got married in February 2017) - copy;
    Print screens of our connection via email (from 2011 to May 2017);
    Print screens of our conversations, calls and video calls via Facebook, WhatsApp, messages. Every video or voice call is about 3h per day every day (it is shown on print screens);
    Aeroplane tickets from London to Milan (where I was working at that time) and boarding passes - copies;
    Train tickets, confirming we travelled together in Italy - copies;
    Hotel Bookings in Italy, France, Thailand, Denmark - copies and originals;
    Aeroplane tickets and boarding passes, confirming we travelled together visiting the above-mentioned countries - copies;
    Transfer tickets in and out from airports - copies;
    Travel insurance cards - copies;
    Football game tickets - copies;
    Wedding invitation from my husband's colleagues which is in August (our names are written in the invitation) :( - copy;
    8 signed photos of us (from 2011 to our wedding ceremony; from the countries we worked in and travelled to: USA, Italy, France, Thailand, Denmark, Sweden).
Haven't seen my husband after our wedding ceremony. Can't wait anymore to be finally reunited :cry:

VikaVictoria
Newly Registered

Post by VikaVictoria » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:13 am

Btw, in my city, it says that most applications are processed within 15 days. At the Visa Centre I was told that it usually takes 15-20 business days (today is, in fact, the 34th business day since the application was submitted).

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:42 am

Hello byronwilliams1185,

Refusal letter was handed over while we visited VFS office to pick up our passport and here are the exact word that are used in the decision.

"you have stated that you propose to accompany your spouse to the United Kingdom who is a Finnish national. you state that you first met on 07/11/2016, your relationship began on 13/11/2016 and you married on 07/11/2016.Your marriage was arranged. In support your application, you have provided your Marriage Registration Certificate.

You have not presented an original and translation of our marriage in the form of your Nikkah Nama. I also note that you have provided no other evidence of your marriage in the form of photographs or other documentation associated with the marriage ceremony and celebration. I note that you have resided together in Pakistan since the marriage but have presented no evidence of such co-habitation.

In view of your failure to provide satisfactory evidence, I am not satisfied that you are the family member of an EEA national in accordance with regulation 7 of the immigration (EEA) regulation 2016.

You application has been considered in accordance with regulation 8 (5) of the immigration (EEA) regulation 2016 but you have failed to prove that you are in durable relationship with an EEA national."

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:56 am

HI Faisal ,
i think you should reapply .my wife's application was refused with the same wordings although we submitted every thing up to date. i know the feeling bro just reapply asap before any new law takes place .
Regards
M Tufail

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:35 am

Hi Faisal,

I'm sorry to hear about refusal. Be strong and reapply ASAP.

Take care

observer_haters
Poland

Post by observer_haters » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:58 am

Hi
I placed my application for EEA FM on 26.06.17 (same date biometric) in Bangkok.

On 06.07.2017 received message:
"Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer".

On 13.07.2017 second email:
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

After a quick email to UKVI with the query, what is happening with my visa, received such a message:

" Thank you for contacting UK Visa and Immigration International enquiry service.
In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval Your patience will be highly appreciated."

The time frame for Thailand is 15 working days.
What now? :shock:
How long must I wait?
"awaiting approval" ?
And finally, did someone get from the Sheffiled refusal?

Thank you in advance for any info.

Raheela samar
Newly Registered

Post by Raheela samar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:17 pm

hi everyone,
i am pleased to tell all of you that today i recieve my passport along with EEA family permit.feeling relaxed

Esperan24
Newly Registered

Post by Esperan24 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:19 am

Hi
I had submitted my online application on 13th May 2017
Biometrics: 24th May 2017
Got a First email on 4th June 2017 directly from shefiled UK
Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer".
On 13th June 2017:
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

Until than no update it is 38 working days,
I have not called them still awaiting to hear from them soon.
My husband is coming to visit me next month as he has leave for two weeks.keeping strong faith in God to get the permit and travel with him to UK together.

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:40 am

Raheela samar wrote:hi everyone,
i am pleased to tell all of you that today i recieve my passport along with EEA family permit.feeling relaxed
Hi Raheela,

Congratulations!

-Faisal

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:16 pm

congratulations :D !!
COULD YOU SHARE YOUR TIME LINE PLEASE

Raheela samar
Newly Registered

Post by Raheela samar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:52 pm

thank u faisal and tufail,
here is my time lin
appointment on visa application date is 27/02/2017,bi omatric were taken on same time,in madrid SPAIN
14 march recive an email that application is not starightforword then i send them a lot of msgs in 4 months and 2 weeks then they return my passport.when i check onlin there it is written that application is decided on 6th jun,i recive an email from vac on 13 july that application is decided,on 14th july i recieve a mail that documents are ready to collect,after this mail i recive an other mail from shiffield office that application is decided on 10 july and documents will b returned soon,while on passport visa issued on 7 th july

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:37 am

Hello everyone,

I have one question. Does VFS global also take original documents with your EEA application?

Actually, last time when my wife submitted her EEA family permit application in VFS Lahore, Pakistan. They did not take the original document including "Nikah nama" (marriage certificate). She was told it is not required but when she got the refusal letter it was mentioned that she did not submit the original Nikah nama (Marriage certificate).

If they take the original documents then what should I do in this scenario and will they return the original documents with passport or before that?

Your answer/ suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Note: I am not resided in UK or have worked in UK. We are applying from abroad.

-Faisal

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:06 am

Hello everyone!!!

After 80 working days, £70 pounds spent on calls and emails, weeks of stress and anxiety my husband finally received his family permit on Friday!
Cannot express how happy we are and how easily we forgot about all the stress!!

Here's my timeline:

Applied Mumbai North VFS in India.

Application submitted online: 6 March 2017
Biometrics submitted at Visa Centre: 21 March 2017
Sheffield received process email: 22 March 2017
"Not straightforward" email: 04 April 2017
Application decided: 13th June 2017
Email from VFS Application Centre in India saying application has been received by them and will be sent by courier service: 12th July 2017
Picked up passport from local Bluedart Courier: 14th July 2017

I'm happy to provide any further info or help you guys require.

I also would say once 90 days have passed (current processing time) keep contacting the international enquiry service!

Thanks for sharing your stories and all the support and help - it makes a huge difference!!! This forum is amazing!

Soon will be here with EEA (FM) queries loool! But until then all the best everyone!

Zuly

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 am

Hi Raheela,

That's fantastic news!! Congratulations!!!!

All the best :)

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:15 am

faisal3100 wrote:Hello everyone,

I have one question. Does VFS global also take original documents with your EEA application?

Actually, last time when my wife submitted her EEA family permit application in VFS Lahore, Pakistan. They did not take the original document including "Nikah nama" (marriage certificate). She was told it is not required but when she got the refusal letter it was mentioned that she did not submit the original Nikah nama (Marriage certificate).

If they take the original documents then what should I do in this scenario and will they return the original documents with passport or before that?

-Faisal
Hi Faisal,

Usually your wife has to provide all the original documents and then everything is scanned and sent to the UK. However if they do take any documents they should be returned with the passport.

It's always good to make a list of the documents that you have submitted so that they can cross check what you say you have submitted and what the Visa Application Centre has sent them. When I applied for the first time I found some inconsistencies. The centre took 2 photos and kept them and said to my husband that the remaining will be scanned. From the rejection letter it seemed like only two photos were received. So it's all a bit weird especially with India where they are not very process based and tend to do things in their own way. Not sure how things are in Pakistan.

It's unlikely that they would keep the original Nikah Namah because it's a very important document and may easily be misplaced. Everything should just be scanned.

Also take your refusal letter to the centre and show them that the Nikah Nama is required indeed and that they are obliged to scan all the documents you want to send through to support your application!! With my husband it was the same thing - they kept saying this is not required, that is not required! But you are allowed to submit as much evidence of your relationship as you deem necessary!

All the best

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 am

Zuly1820 wrote:Hello everyone!!!

After 80 working days, £70 pounds spent on calls and emails, weeks of stress and anxiety my husband finally received his family permit on Friday!

Here's my timeline:

Email from VFS Application Centre in India saying application has been received by them and will be sent by courier service: 12th July 2017

I also would say once 90 days have passed (current processing time) keep contacting the international enquiry service!

Thanks for sharing your stories and all the support and help - it makes a huge difference!!! This forum is amazing!

Soon will be here with EEA (FM) queries loool! But until then all the best everyone!

Zuly
Hi Zuly

Congratulations, pray for us :)

Esperan24
Newly Registered

Post by Esperan24 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi Zuly

Congratulations... It's a fantastic news.. Finally ur wait is over.
Can you please advise as I have completed 39 days after biometrics should I call to check my application or should I wait for some days.

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Zuly1820 wrote:
faisal3100 wrote:Hello everyone,

-Faisal
Hi Faisal,

Usually your wife has to provide all the original documents and then everything is scanned and sent to the UK. However if they do take any documents they should be returned with the passport.

It's always good to make a list of the documents that you have submitted so that they can cross check what you say you have submitted and what the Visa Application Centre has sent them. When I applied for the first time I found some inconsistencies. The centre took 2 photos and kept them and said to my husband that the remaining will be scanned. From the rejection letter it seemed like only two photos were received. So it's all a bit weird especially with India where they are not very process based and tend to do things in their own way. Not sure how things are in Pakistan.

It's unlikely that they would keep the original Nikah Namah because it's a very important document and may easily be misplaced. Everything should just be scanned.

Also take your refusal letter to the centre and show them that the Nikah Nama is required indeed and that they are obliged to scan all the documents you want to send through to support your application!! With my husband it was the same thing - they kept saying this is not required, that is not required! But you are allowed to submit as much evidence of your relationship as you deem necessary!

All the best
Hi Zuly

Thank you for the detailed answer.

Do they scan your documents in front of you? Here in Pakistan, they did not scan the documents. At least, not in-front of my wife.

That is why I am wondering, previously in Vfs Lahore they did not take the original Nikah Nama and my wife Visa was refused.

This time I am going to give them a lot of proofs, original Nikah Nama, original Computerised marriage registration certificate, original Apostille From Finland etc.... God forbid, if they lose these original documents then It is going to be very difficult to get issued the new ones.

In our previous application, they did not give any receiving/invoice of our documents. So, I am wondering do they give any receiving/invoice of documents which states that what documents you have submitted with our application?

Everyone is welcome to share their experience in this regard. Thank you!

-Faisal

degtom
Newly Registered

Post by degtom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:13 am

Congratulations, Zuly1820! Enjoy your reunion with your husband!
Is Residence Card your next application or Spouse visa?

Faisal,
My documents were scanned in front of me at VFS Singapore. I offered my original marriage certificate issued in Singapore but the lady said a copy will suffice and she certified it as a true copy witnessed by VFS there and then with a stamp on the photocopy.

Only my current passport and old passports were taken in as the original documents. They also gave me a checklist to tick the items I have submitted (indicating originals or copies), but no other confirmation of items scanned or received.

I was also told to have my biometrics taken on that day and did so.

Aside from VFS informing me my documents have been sent on to UKVI last week, I have not heard anything else yet directly from the Sheffield section.

Hope this helps shed some light on the process I have experienced so far. Good luck with your second application!

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:33 pm

degtom wrote:Congratulations, Zuly1820! Enjoy your reunion with your husband!
Is Residence Card your next application or Spouse visa?

Faisal,
My documents were scanned in front of me at VFS Singapore. I offered my original marriage certificate issued in Singapore but the lady said a copy will suffice and she certified it as a true copy witnessed by VFS there and then with a stamp on the photocopy.

Only my current passport and old passports were taken in as the original documents. They also gave me a checklist to tick the items I have submitted (indicating originals or copies), but no other confirmation of items scanned or received.

I was also told to have my biometrics taken on that day and did so.

Aside from VFS informing me my documents have been sent on to UKVI last week, I have not heard anything else yet directly from the Sheffield section.

Hope this helps shed some light on the process I have experienced so far. Good luck with your second application!
Hello Degtom,

Thank you so much!

Actually, in our previous attempt, VFS Lahore Office did not scan our document and return the original document by saying: it is not required.

Now do you have a copy of checklist as a proof?

I really hope you will get the EEA family permit soon.

-Faisal

ammara_talhi
Newly Registered

Post by ammara_talhi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Congratulations Raheela!!!

ammara_talhi
Newly Registered

Post by ammara_talhi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi Zuly!

Congratulations! Happy for you! Yes you completely forget about the wait/stress as soon as you find out that you got the Permit.

Just some FYI's for when your husband comes over.

Get the National insurance number applied ASAP, they took about a week and I received the letter with my husbands NI Number a week after sending the Passport copies!

I'm starting to get all the documents needed for the RC application, It's s headache lol

You deserve a break from all this!

Ammara
Zuly1820 wrote:Hello everyone!!!

Here's my timeline:

Zuly