ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent Help got Letter from Home Office..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

susheel

Need Urgent Help got Letter from Home Office..

Post by susheel » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi,

I need the urgent help from seniors. Today I have just got the letter from Home Office for asking for "Evidence that you satisfied for English Language and Life in U.K. Requirement" by 24th July2017.

Text Writes as ..
As your Qualification was awarded outside UK. we require an academic qualification level statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming it is equivalent to UK qualification.

I have got Tier 1 G Visa + 1 Year ILR.

I have provided as below.

1. For English Language:- I have done my Engineering from Pune University, India. That is listed in UK NARIC.
I have satisfied for first time Tier1 in 2011, Tier 1 Extension and ILR by Point Base Calculator Printout With University Name Listed information to Home office and I have got the first Time VIsa, visa extension in 2013 and ILR Feb 2016 as well.

This time I have tick the option as below
Under Knowledge of language/life in the UK 1.22

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;

2. Life in UK Test we have sent the Original Certificate to them that I have passed last year.

Please suggest me what should I do? Should I send my Original Degree with Printout of PBS details?

I have applied with 3 dependents.

Regards

Susheel

argus7
Wales

Re: Need Urgent Help got Letter from Home Office..

Post by argus7 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:19 pm

I am afraid, PBS calculator is now deprecated, you have to submit a UK NARIC letter.

You will have to submit a MOI letter to get NARIUC letter if you dont have one

susheel

Post by susheel » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:28 pm

argus7 wrote:I am afraid, PBS calculator is now deprecated, you have to submit a UK NARIC letter.

What is MO1 letter? I have gone NARIC site there have option for Fast Track Service in 2 days max with extra charge.
https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/individu ... Track.aspx

What U suggest

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:17 pm

susheel wrote:
argus7 wrote:I am afraid, PBS calculator is now deprecated, you have to submit a UK NARIC letter.

What is MO1 letter? I have gone NARIC site there have option for Fast Track Service in 2 days max with extra charge.

What U suggest
MOI - Medium of Instruction Letter. You need a letter from University stating that degree was taught in English

susheel

Post by susheel » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:25 pm

argus7 wrote:
susheel wrote:

What U suggest
MOI - Medium of Instruction Letter. You need a letter from University stating that degree was taught in English

HI

Please confirm the below two documents by NARIC would be sufficient for requirement 1. Academic qualification level statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming it is equivalent to UK qualification and 2. English Language Proficiency statement (ELPS) from U.K. NARIC ?

The below Two document can get by fast track service by NARIC.
Statement of Comparability
[The UK NARIC Statement of Comparability is an officially recognised document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in the UK, irrespective of it being an academic, vocational or professional award. It is used by universities, colleges, employers and Government departments and agencies forming part of their decision-making process.

A Statement of Comparability states, in English, what your overseas qualifications equate to in the UK.]

English Language Assessment

English is the official language of the United Kingdom. The ability to speak English to a competent level is essential to ensure successful integration and progression in the UK.

UK NARIC's English Language Assessment provides an assessment and a statement:
to confirm whether your degree has been taught in English and meets the required level of English language proficiency (in terms of the CEFR framework).

Please anybody confirm ..

susheel

Post by susheel » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Please anybody confirm the above !!

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:09 pm

susheel wrote:Please anybody confirm the above !!
Susheel, I had done the same thing while applying for the citizenship. I had selected the option requirement fulfilled earlier like you did.

When I went to NCS the gentleman asked me if I had Naric letters, I said yes as I had used it while doing the ILR( during Tier 1 Etx I used PBS but before ILR PBS was discontinued hence I had to do the Naric letter). He crossed the option selected by me and tick marked the different option that goes with the Naric letter. To be honest I was little annoyed why he is doing it but I did not question him. So he took copy of two letters which were for the same thing as you have written. Naric use to have visa and nationality service and under that they provide the statement. After reading your post I am so thankful to the gentleman at the NCS.

As someone has pointed - to get this from Naric you will need your degree certificate and a letter from your university telling that your degree was taught in English and probably also your marksheet (I do not remember now) for all years (for example if you have done engineering then all year/semesters marksheet, they call it transcript) . Naric has a helpline and they are very responsive if you call them they will explain you what they need. Remember you need to do the same for your spouse in case she has also applied.

Disclaimer: you asked advise from seniors, well I am not but taking liberty to reply. Also I submitted my application in May and it is still under process.

Good Luck

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:55 am

You need ELA letter form NARIC

Thanks,

susheel

Post by susheel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am

argus7 wrote:You need ELA letter form NARIC

Thanks,
Dear Jacob123 and argus7,

Thanks for the reply. I am arranging the letter of MOI from my Indian University.

But problem is that If I will go through by visas and nationality Service recommended by Home Office (https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/) that will take at least 10 day to get all these documents. If I will use the fast track service (24 hrs) by NARIC in that case I will get the different document like 'Statement of Comparability' instead of 'Academic qualification level statement (AQUALS)'.

English Language Assessment document is same in both the service.

Today I have called to home office they are saying you have to send the asked document in your letter (AQUALS and ELA).

Than after that I have called to NARIC Help line number. They are saying 'Statement of Comparability' and 'English Language Assessment ' by fast track should consider by Home office. This service has started for the Visa service only

I do not know what should I do ? Please help me..

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:07 am

Call your university and ask them for the letter ASAP, even an email scanned PDF will do and then send to UK NARIC for the ELA letter.

I cannot advice further , But its clearly mentioned in the AN booklet and AN guidance that NARIC ELA is required if Degree taught outside UK/ Applicant is not from an English speaking country

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:21 am

I suggest apply for IELTS Life in UK (very easy exam, only speakng/listening) and save the hassle of all this paper work b/w India and UK. Check with Brtish Council UK and find a seat in any city. Results are posted in a wek's time.

susheel

Post by susheel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:25 am

argus7 wrote:Call your university and ask them for the letter ASAP, even an email scanned PDF will do and then send to UK NARIC for the ELA letter.

I cannot advice further , But its clearly mentioned in the AN booklet and AN guidance that NARIC ELA is required if Degree taught outside UK/ Applicant is not from an English speaking country

Sorry to bothered you again. I have already requested to my brother in India for arranging the soft copy of MOI. But what should I do for other document 'Academic qualification level statement (AQUALS)' ??

I can not provide this document within 10 days. I can provide only 'Statement of Comparability' by fast track along with ELA.

Please advice!!

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:43 am

SOC is not reqdoonly ELA is required.

Shanaz Ali
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Shanaz Ali » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:02 am

plabo wrote:I suggest apply for IELTS Life in UK (very easy exam, only speakng/listening) and save the hassle of all this paper work b/w India and UK. Check with Brtish Council UK and find a seat in any city. Results are posted in a wek's time.
Susheel I agree with pablo, Get another qualification within the country.
suggest checking
http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3220
GESE Grade 5
10 minute speaking and listening test
Provisional results on the same day
Certificate usually within 7 days
Speaking & Listening only ''

You get provincial results immediately and offical certificate within 7 days. Paying extra could guarantee that.
Its worth having plan B incase if delays.

All the best

manabc3000
Newly Registered

Post by manabc3000 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:45 pm

This is strange. I selected the same option as my case was same as your. Tier 1 G in 2011, extension and ILR. My postgraduate degree was in Point's based calculator (which is now defunct). I didn't have to prove MOI or NARIC letter. AN form clearly mentioned that if you have proved your language requirement as part of ILR (post 2013), there is no need to send further proof. My status is showing decided (changed today). After reading your post, I got worried and started looking into university contact details etc. But it now says decided.So looks like HO is treating thing's differently and it is a hit or miss.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:58 pm

If you do go for a test in the UK, why not write a letter to them asking for some extra time (just in case you don't get the certificate in time), that way, they won't refuse your application straightaway after the initial deadline.

susheel

Post by susheel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:59 pm

bruteforce wrote:If you do go for a test in the UK, why not write a letter to them asking for some extra time (just in case you don't get the certificate in time), that way, they won't refuse your application straightaway after the initial deadline.
Hi

I can easily pass the Test from GESE Grade 5 from Trinity college but in the letter from Home Office have mentioned in Bold letter as below:

Your Qualification was awarded outside UK. We require academic qualification level statement from AQUALS from UK NARIC confirming it is equivalent to UK qualification.

You must also provide the English Language proficiency statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming Degree was Taught in English.

I am arranging the MOI document from India after than I will apply to Naric.

susheel

Post by susheel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:16 pm

bruteforce wrote:If you do go for a test in the UK, why not write a letter to them asking for some extra time (just in case you don't get the certificate in time), that way, they won't refuse your application straightaway after the initial deadline.
Dear bruteforce

Thanks for the suggestion. I will write a letter to the home office regarding my situation and request for some extra time.

susheel

Post by susheel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm

manabc3000 wrote:This is strange. I selected the same option as my case was same as your. Tier 1 G in 2011, extension and ILR. My postgraduate degree was in Point's based calculator (which is now defunct). I didn't have to prove MOI or NARIC letter. AN form clearly mentioned that if you have proved your language requirement as part of ILR (post 2013), there is no need to send further proof. My status is showing decided (changed today). After reading your post, I got worried and started looking into university contact details etc. But it now says decided.So looks like HO is treating thing's differently and it is a hit or miss.

Congrates manabc3000, you are lucky. Its depend on case worker to case worker.

susheel

Post by susheel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:29 am

Shanaz Ali wrote:
plabo wrote:I suggest apply for IELTS Life in UK (very easy exam, only speakng/listening) and save the hassle of all this paper work b/w India and UK. Check with Brtish Council UK and find a seat in any city. Results are posted in a wek's time.
suggest checking
GESE Grade 5

You get provincial results immediately and offical certificate within 7 days. Paying extra could guarantee that.

All the best

Hi,

Yesterday I have passed this Secure English Language Test (SELT)/GESE Grade 5 (B1) from Trinity London Holborn SELT Centre. I have got the provisional result and will get the certificate within this week by secured post.

Please anybody confirm me, still I need to provide the below documents as per the letter from Home office :

1. academic qualification level statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming it is equivalent to UK qualification.

2. English Language proficiency statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming Degree was Taught in English.

The NARIC will take at least 10 day for the above statements. I have to post it by this weekend. Please any body confirm is it enough or not ..

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:10 am

susheel wrote:
Shanaz Ali wrote:
suggest checking
GESE Grade 5

All the best

Hi,

Yesterday I have passed this Secure English Language Test (SELT)/GESE Grade 5 (B1) from Trinity London Holborn SELT Centre. I have got the provisional result and will get the certificate within this week by secured post.

Please anybody confirm me, still I need to provide the below documents as per the letter from Home office :

1. academic qualification level statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming it is equivalent to UK qualification.

2. English Language proficiency statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming Degree was Taught in English.

The NARIC will take at least 10 day for the above statements. I have to post it by this weekend. Please any body confirm is it enough or not ..
I am not sure if HO will accept a test taken after you submitted your application, specially if this is not the option you selected on your application form. I am no expert and may well be wrong but I would suggest still getting the documentation they have requested and asking HO for additional time if you need it. I believe quite a few members have requested additional time without any issues.

susheel

Post by susheel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 am

Hi,

I have already emailed for extra time but I didn't get any reply from HO. I don't think so they will reply ..

Please any expert or Senior member suggest me what should I do as I have passed this Secure English Language Test (SELT)/GESE Grade 5 (B1) from Trinity London Holborn SELT Centre.?

I have applied with my Family [3 Dependent]

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:05 am

@Susheel, if you have your degree marksheet(transcript) with subject names taught in each semester then you may not need MOI letter from university for NARIC.
For me, UK NARIC sent me the certificates in 3 working days, I also sent them a message after uploading the documents requesting a quick delivery. But it may take longer depending on their backlog.

susheel

Post by susheel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:27 am

mrajkumar wrote:@Susheel, if you have your degree marksheet(transcript) with subject names taught in each semester then you may not need MOI letter from university for NARIC.
For me, UK NARIC sent me the certificates in 3 working days, I also sent them a message after uploading the documents requesting a quick delivery. But it may take longer depending on their backlog.
Hi mrajkumar

But now I have passed the Secure English Language Test (SELT)/GESE Grade 5 (B1) from Trinity London Holborn SELT Centre than still I need to post the NARIC for NARIC MOI letter is must as per them ?

susheel

Post by susheel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:43 am

susheel wrote:
Hi,

Just quick update, I have called to the Home Office and explain my situation regarding the Pass result of GESE Grade 5 (B1) from Trinity London Holborn Instead of UK NARIC statements for my BE Degree.

She told that I can send whatever I have and mentioned in the cover letter. She was not sure whether Pass Certificate or previously opted BE Degree equivalent NARIC statement ? I have already emailed for some extra time to HO but I didn't get any response.

Please any senior member suggest me..