ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Continuous Period Calculation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uktierone

Question on Continuous Period Calculation

Post by uktierone » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Dear Experts

I am in process of preparation of my ILR documentation towards Tier 1 (G).

As part of evidences of absences from the UK, for one of the Year I have been away for 42 days. This includes a combination of Annual Leaves + Bank Holidays + Weekends

For this year I was working as a permanent employee and my employer has given me a letter confirming the annual leaves I have taken while I was working with them.

For example :
I was away from the UK between 21st December till 01st Jan, so for this break my employer has given as details only for the days wherein I have taken annual Leave, like 22nd Dec, 23rd Dec, 24th Dec etc. and have not mentioned anything about Bank Holidays (25th Dec ; 26th Dec) and Weekends.

Considering the above scenario do you think a letter from my employer confirming only annual leaves will suffice ?

Regards

uktierone

Re: Question on Continuous Period Calculation

Post by uktierone » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Experts any opinions please ?

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Letter confirming annual leave would be ok as your absences are not long.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:53 pm

If your leave is less than 30 days a year excluding the public holiday, you will generally be ok
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice