ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MUQ
Newly Registered

HMRC issue

Post by MUQ » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:59 am

Moderator & Senior Members,
I'm writing this post regarding HMRC Records update
My tax calculation for the year 2012-2013 under self-employment was declared which I had paid in promptly complying to the HMRC. However in Jan 2017,when I was in preparation to file my ILR visa application to the home office, a meeting with my accountant made us realise that my tax affairs were not in order, owing to a miscalculation made by the previous accountant, as a result of this, I had sent the amendment to the HMRC through a new accountant in the month of Feb 2017 by paper for the new amount and the amendment has since been done on 20 April 2017, with the new tax calculation I was liable for an amount including interest. I at once paid the full amount on 16 May,2017 and also had requested for an issuance of a new updated SA302 in line with tax amendment and I was assured it will be sent the document within two weeks at the maximum since the request date.

Ever since I have been making calls to HMRC and have been getting different responses each time. I'm still kept in loop as to why the system has not been updated and all I'm told is that the back-home team is still working on it.

Is there any one is in same position can you please suggest that really HMRC will update SA302 or not, your suggestion will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance.

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: HMRC issue

Post by saleemd » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi
As far as I'm aware HMRC do not update SA302's for any years other the previous tax year.

Ho do not take amendments lightly and expect a bumpy ride.

best of luck

MUQ
Newly Registered

Post by MUQ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 am

Hi Saleem,

Many Thanks for your reply.

Is there any one how come across same situation, please share it will be much appreciated.

MUQ
Newly Registered

Post by MUQ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:01 pm

MUQ wrote:Hi Saleem,

Many Thanks for your reply.

Is there any one who come across same situation, please share it will be much appreciated.

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:12 pm

HMRC won't update SA302s. They only send tax calculations.

MUQ
Newly Registered

Post by MUQ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:23 pm

If HMRC won't update how can HO can look amendment online ?

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:00 pm

That's why people are getting rejected, the amended amounts won't show up on home office's system and they are not considering the HMRC's revised tax calculations..

MUQ
Newly Registered

Post by MUQ » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:33 am

Hi All,

Can any one please suggest how to represent Home office (ILR) with regards to amendments, Is there any time scale HMRC updates records ?

shiv_singh
Newly Registered

Post by shiv_singh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi... of all the HMRC / tax issues related to ILR..... why are the accountants to be blamed
In all cases i see that Previous Accountants made the mistakes..... and mistake was realised at the time of renewal.
HO is aware of whats going on and investigates all tax amendments .....
the onus is on you to prove that it was a genuine error and not intentional.....
all the best