ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry After Spouse Visa Granted timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

b4r1786

Entry After Spouse Visa Granted timeline

Post by b4r1786 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 am

Hi

Please can you let me know whether my spouse can enter the country as soon as her visa is granted.

My solicitor has told me that she wouldn't be able to enter the country for a month after the visa is granted. He said this has only started recently.

I was hoping someone could confirm either way for me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Entry After Spouse Visa Granted timeline

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 am

b4r1786 wrote:Hi

Please can you let me know whether my spouse can enter the country as soon as her visa is granted.

My solicitor has told me that she wouldn't be able to enter the country for a month after the visa is granted. He said this has only started recently.

I was hoping someone could confirm either way for me.

Many Thanks in advance.
Your solicitor is misguided. :!: In fact your wife MUST enter the UK within 30 days of the visa issue date in order to collect her BRP from a designated Post Office within 10 days of her arrival.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Your solicitor is misguided. :!: In fact your wife MUST enter the UK within 30 days of the visa issue date in order to collect her BRP from a designated Post Office within 10 days of her arrival.[/quote]

same question is it mandatory to travel within the dates of one month visa validity on passport after receiving spouse visa , what if travel when date has passed, will they still allow anyone to travel ?
Or if someone cannot travel within the period , do he/she need to send some request to extend the one month window and how ?
appreciate the response.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:13 pm

If your wife doesn't enter the UK within 30 days of the short-term visa vignette in her passport, she will have to apply for a replacement as she will be refused entry without it. She will only be issued with a visa of 30 days. The 2.5 year BRP will be collected from the UK Post Office and she will need an entry stamp in her passport to activate it.

"What happens if I decide to change my travel date after I receive my 30 day passport sticker?
If the short term vignette has expired or will expire before you travel then they will need to apply for a new short term vignette."

I believe that current fee for a replacement BRP is £169

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-vignette
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Casa wrote:If your wife doesn't enter the UK within 30 days of the short-term visa vignette in her passport, she will have to apply for a replacement as she will be refused entry without it. She will only be issued with a visa of 30 days. The 2.5 year BRP will be collected from the UK Post Office and she will need an entry stamp in her passport to activate it.

"What happens if I decide to change my travel date after I receive my 30 day passport sticker?
If the short term vignette has expired or will expire before you travel then they will need to apply for a new short term vignette."

I believe that current fee for a replacement BRP is £169

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-vignette
thanks for the information, is it like applying for a fresh application OR we just need to send email and get replacement 30 day validity period visa ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:32 pm

You need to apply online.
You should use the same online application form but you should select the following options:
Reason for Visit: Other
Visa Type: Others
Visa Sub Type: Vignette Transfer
At the end of the application form you should use the 'Any other information' field to explain that you have been granted a Spouse settlement visa to study in the UK but you need a new 30-day vignette as you have not been able (or will not be able) to travel to the UK before the end of the 30-day vignette that you have been issued.

Your wife will have to re-submit her passport, which I believe will now be sent to Sheffield to have the new 30 day vignette issued.
(Casa, not CR001)