ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!!! - British Citizenship has been refused... IELTS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Herbert2008
Newly Registered

HELP!!! - British Citizenship has been refused... IELTS

Post by Herbert2008 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Good Afternoon All

I urgently seek your professional advice!

After being in England for over 10 years and married to a British Citizen for more than 9 years I finally decided to apply for my British Citizenship. Yes, I did get the Indefinite Leave to remain (June 2010) and the Residence Permit card (November 2015).

In March 2017 I went to the Nationality Checking Service in Thurrock, they checked everything and sent it to the UK Border Agency. I received a letter in June 2017 from the Home Office refusing my British Citizenship due to the following reason: We cannot be satisfied from the documents available that you meet the English Language requirements and your application is refused. No other reasons are available to me.

I then looked at the IELTS Certificate, I took the test on the 11th of August 2015 (still within the 2 year period) at the Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford for my Residence Card. Passed the Academic test on C1 level, higher than required. I booked this via a linked I followed from the Home Office website. I have noticed that this test center is no longer on the list of locations approved by the Home Office, Is this the reason why it has been refused?

Please help?

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: HELP!!! - British Citizenship has been refused... IELTS

Post by Tea_Rocket » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Herbert2008 wrote:I then looked at the IELTS Certificate, I took the test on the 11th of August 2015 (still within the 2 year period) at the Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford for my Residence Card. Passed the Academic test on C1 level, higher than required. I booked this via a linked I followed from the Home Office website. I have noticed that this test center is no longer on the list of locations approved by the Home Office, Is this the reason why it has been refused?
Sounds probable to me. Unless someone chimes in with more information and says otherwise, I think your best bet would be to retake the test at an approved centre before reapplying. I'm so sorry.

Herbert2008
Newly Registered

Post by Herbert2008 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Thank you for your swift reply, much appreciated! I have spoken to the Home Office agency and they don't think that should matter, but still can't tell me why it has been refused.

If anyone has any idea, please advise!

WRS

Post by WRS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:54 am

Herbert2008 wrote:Thank you for your swift reply, much appreciated! I have spoken to the Home Office agency and they don't think that should matter, but still can't tell me why it has been refused.

If the IELTS certificate was acceptable then they can't refuse on english language requirement, so either the staff whom you spoken to is miss-communicating or the case worker whome have dealt with your case had made a mistake.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:53 pm

WRS wrote:
Herbert2008 wrote:Thank you for your swift reply, much appreciated! I have spoken to the Home Office agency and they don't think that should matter, but still can't tell me why it has been refused.

If the IELTS certificate was acceptable then they can't refuse on english language requirement, so either the staff whom you spoken to is miss-communicating or the case worker whome have dealt with your case had made a mistake.
The OP wasn't required to provide proof of English for ILR back in 2010. So for a citizenship application now or recently, the test provider must be on the HO approved list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalinka184
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kalinka184 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Herbert2008 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:09 pm
Good Afternoon All

I urgently seek your professional advice!

After being in England for over 10 years and married to a British Citizen for more than 9 years I finally decided to apply for my British Citizenship. Yes, I did get the Indefinite Leave to remain (June 2010) and the Residence Permit card (November 2015).

In March 2017 I went to the Nationality Checking Service in Thurrock, they checked everything and sent it to the UK Border Agency. I received a letter in June 2017 from the Home Office refusing my British Citizenship due to the following reason: We cannot be satisfied from the documents available that you meet the English Language requirements and your application is refused. No other reasons are available to me.

I then looked at the IELTS Certificate, I took the test on the 11th of August 2015 (still within the 2 year period) at the Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford for my Residence Card. Passed the Academic test on C1 level, higher than required. I booked this via a linked I followed from the Home Office website. I have noticed that this test center is no longer on the list of locations approved by the Home Office, Is this the reason why it has been refused?

Please help?
Hello,
What was the result of this situation? Did you have take a new English test, aply again and lost all your money?
I’m in similar situations. Just sent my application form through the Nationality Checking Service in Ipswich on Tuesday the 15.5.18. I also same as you took my English test in Chelmsfod at the Anglia Ruskin University in 2017 March time, I took the basic one B1 speaking and listening.
The lady at the Nationality Checking Service did pick up on the fact that Chelmsford centre isn’t on the home office list any more and it seemes it had been moved to Cambridge! Cambridge centre has the same code that Chelmsford centre use to have! Hope this makes sense. This lady wasn’t sure if the test would be accepted..... still in date, the centre was on the list of centres when I took the test in 2017, code of the centre is still the same but the place of the centre on my certificate shows Chelmsford....
So me beeing optimismtic I had sent my application form.
Now after reading this post I’m really worried I’ve made the wrong decision and should’ve taken another English test.

I would appreciate any answers
Thank you

kushalprasad
Newly Registered

Post by kushalprasad » Fri May 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Just butting here, when in doubt always take test. It's pain in backside but that's what we have to go through. I had taken my IELTS long time back and I may have been used that but due to recent changes I decided to take one more. It was pain but all worth. Better safe than sorry, take it if you are in doubt.

kalinka184
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kalinka184 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:26 pm

kushalprasad wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:25 pm
Just butting here, when in doubt always take test. It's pain in backside but that's what we have to go through. I had taken my IELTS long time back and I may have been used that but due to recent changes I decided to take one more. It was pain but all worth. Better safe than sorry, take it if you are in doubt.
Good point I should’ve taken another test 🙈
To late for me now as I have sent my application form already, suppose I just have to wait and see 🤞