ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delays in getting UK passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

vbadal
Newly Registered

Delays in getting UK passport

Post by vbadal » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Hello All,

My family and I were naturalised on 28th of June and we used the JCAP service. It has been 15 working days and we have not received our passport yet. A friend of mine who attended the ceremony on 6th July in a different council received his passport a week ago. I have checked forums on this website and observe that passports generally shouldn't take this long.

Can you let me know please

1. What checks does the Passport Office undertake before issuing passports?
2. Do different applications go to different Passport Offices and hence a possible delay cause of the work load in the office my application has gone to?
3. Should I be worried? Anyone has a similar experience?

Thanks,
V

cordelia
Newly Registered

Re: Delays in getting UK passport

Post by cordelia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Sorry, I cannot help! I have the same problem.

Ceremony on the 22nd (June) and still waiting. Nothing, not even a text message (never got any from the Passport Office).

I have contacted the Council (confirmed HO notified June 22nd) and Passport Office (just said my application is "in the system"). A little bit desperate by now...

A guy who had the citizenship ceremony on the 22nd or 23rd (March timelines) got his on the 30th... What is happening?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Much depends on how long it took for your Council to notify the Home Office that you had attended your citizenship ceremony and then how long the HO have taken to notify HMPO.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

usbukhari

Post by usbukhari » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:52 pm

vbadal wrote:Hello All,

My family and I were naturalised on 28th of June and we used the JCAP service. It has been 15 working days and we have not received our passport yet. A friend of mine who attended the ceremony on 6th July in a different council received his passport a week ago. I have checked forums on this website and observe that passports generally shouldn't take this long.

Can you let me know please

1. What checks does the Passport Office undertake before issuing passports?
2. Do different applications go to different Passport Offices and hence a possible delay cause of the work load in the office my application has gone to?
3. Should I be worried? Anyone has a similar experience?

Thanks,
V
Hi

you can send email to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with your ref number and tell them you have attended ceremony and got certificate.

It might quick the process.

Regards

cordelia
Newly Registered

Post by cordelia » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:03 am

vbadal
Did you get your passports?
I'm still waiting...