ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt on Judicial review

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jarraj1102

Doubt on Judicial review

Post by jarraj1102 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:12 am

Dear Moderators,

I would like to ask a doubt on the situation me and my dependent are in at the moment. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Please see my timeline below
Applied for SET (O) ILR based on Tier general: 5/08/2016
Applied for Tier general dependent extension for my spouse: 26/08/2066
Date of expiry of both of our visas under Tier 1: 28/08/2016
My application decision: Refusal on the grounds of 322 (5) because of tax amendments (14/07/2017).
My partners decision: Refusal on the grounds that my 319(C) (14/07/2017) because my application was refused and hence she does not qualify to continue as a Tier 1 dependent.

My next steps:

• Apply for an AR review and include my partner in the same AR because there is a provision of adding a dependent on the AR.
• If unsuccessful, then she would leave the country within 14 days of the AR refusal.
• She then applies for Tier 2 visa from our home country through NHS as her sponsor and possibly gets it without any issues and travels back to UK to work on her Tier 2 Visa.
• I understand that I cannot then change myself to her dependent, as that would be rejected because of deception on my previous application.

Now, my question is- She would have qualified for her ILR as a Tier 1 dependent on March 2018 (on 5 years route) had I received my ILR. Now, when I go for my JR, I will ask for the review of both my ILR and her Tier 1 dependent application. If I am successful, I understand I will get my ILR.

Can anyone confirm if she would then have her Tier 1 dependent visa reinstated from Tier 2 to allow her to apply for her ILR in March 2018?

Any guidance and views on this is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.