ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Registered Address - Please help

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Change of Registered Address - Please help

Post by ineedhelp99 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a stressful situation. I am due to extension in less than 2 months from now. My 3rd accounts has not been submitted yet. My accountant was in the process of doing it but unfortunately due to bereavement in the family accountant has to go back to his home country. My business is registered at the accountant's address in a different town which is 2 hrs drive away where I trade. As the accountant would be away for a while now I am using another accountant to do the last year account submissions for me and he would be issuing me the confirmation letter for investment and job creation as investment and jobs creation were done in the last 3rd year.

New accountant who is again 4 hrs drive away from me is suggesting me to change the registered address of the company to my trading address where I do business. I am a bit concerned about changing address just 2 months before extension application. I am not sure what and how it would affect the extension application. :(

I have been trading at my trading address for a while now but it was never updated with HMRC or company house before this point because I never had any issues with addresses and mails / post from HMRC going to my previous accountant. I have contract for my trading address with landlord.

Could anyone please suggest me if changing address at this very last moment would create any issues for me??? Anyone here have changed their address just before application and got their extension??

Should I change the address or not or just leave it like this?? If leave it like this than any issues I could potentially face??

Please guys help me. Any input / suggestion / advise would be appreciated.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: Change of Registered Address - Please help

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Changing the address has no influence of your application :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelp99 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Zimba bruv / sis - you are a star :D

On the back of that questions, is it necessary to inform HMRC or Companies house of your trading address? My understanding is only providing registered address is sufficient. Your thoughts are welcome!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:29 am

ineedhelp99 wrote:Zimba bruv / sis - you are a star :D

On the back of that questions, is it necessary to inform HMRC or Companies house of your trading address? My understanding is only providing registered address is sufficient. Your thoughts are welcome!
There is no such requirement either
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

crazy_ram

Post by crazy_ram » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:11 am

In my opinion you better update trading address with HMRC. I guess it helps in case IF caseworker want to verify your trading address with HMRC. You can add communication address & trading address separately in hmrc business dashboard (online services).

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelp99 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:12 am

Many thanks Marc and Crazy for your comments.

Although Zimba already answered my main question in the thread, any more thoughts or views you guys have on the above main question. Any suggestions it would not be an issue. I am concerned they can ask why the business has changed address at last minute and it could be seen as, is the business really viable?!!

scholar 1
Newly Registered

Post by scholar 1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:25 am

In addition, make sure you update new address on your website, if you have one. There is no problem if you move company address but HMRC, companies house must have up to date address.

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelp99 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Thank you scholar for your comment