ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

softy monster
Algeria

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by softy monster » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:09 pm

[/quote]
NCS usually send applications in batches once or twice a week.[/quote]

Thank you!
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Venkat2806 wrote:Thanks alterhase58, I did, but the answer i got is, the statement was released as part of Tier 1 extension closure artical. so, i have posted in the discussion group to check if some one out there might have some information on it.
See my response to your question Here (click) on why your neighbour is confused with what he is saying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lanz001
Newly Registered

Post by lanz001 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:57 am

Could anyone help me on this query.

I have recently applied for BN and received a letter inviting me to enrol my biometric data. The personal information (DOB) stated on the letter was incorrect so I was unable to register my biometrics data. The post office stamped it with incorrect details and asked that I send a copy of the biometric letter back to the Home Office. I sent a couple of emails explaining the facts (NationalityBiometrics and AppointmentExceptions emails) and sent a handwritten letter via Royal mail next day delivery service explaining the facts. Its been 8 working days and I haven't heard anything back from them. Also, I called the HM call centre on (03001232253 and 03001232241) and they weren't able to do anything other than log my complaint and try to alleviate my concerns as to why this was taking so long to rectify. Should I be involving my local MP at this point?

Any advice would suffice.

100kg

Post by 100kg » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:41 pm

hello guys, i think they have started dealing with May applicants. my friend who applied on the 3rd of may 2017 his online status was last updated on the 9th of july. beafore it was lastly updated on th 25th of may. Any one on here where applications was last updated on the 25th of may showing decided now.
i myself applied on the 22nd of may so hoping maybe by end of month i should be getting a reply
pls comment if u can

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:02 pm

100kg wrote:hello guys, i think they have started dealing with May applicants. my friend who applied on the 3rd of may 2017 his online status was last updated on the 9th of july. beafore it was lastly updated on th 25th of may. Any one on here where applications was last updated on the 25th of may showing decided now.
i myself applied on the 22nd of may so hoping maybe by end of month i should be getting a reply
pls comment if u can
Last updated to what? My guess is that it's, "Awaiting a decision" and even if it's not, the online service is in beta, so there are bound to be errors. Several people have posted about applications whose online statuses were changed to "decided" very quickly only to realise that it was ILR or something pertaining to a child's application that had been decided—the naturalisation application was still outstanding.

Given that there are still applicants from March who are waiting on decisions, as well as everyone who applied in April, I doubt very much that anyone who applied in May will receive a decision on a naturalisation application before August. I understand the desire to believe that your application will be decided quickly and that you won't have to wait the 3+ months that seems to be the current timeline, but at the moment, there is no basis for it other than pure wishful thinking.

100kg

Post by 100kg » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:06 pm

hello mate, i got a friend which his case was updated on the 9th of july he applied in may 03

Dlakam35 wrote:Hello again,

It ıs really goıng slow :( still waiting for approval letter and I see Nobody got it from March..

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi Guys

Is it normal that passport fees is taken same time as Naturalisation application.

Applied 03.07.2017
Naturalisation fees take - 10.07.2017
Passport fees - 11.07.2017

THanks

Mohsin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:10 pm

MAS99 wrote:Hi Guys

Is it normal that passport fees is taken same time as Naturalisation application.

Applied 03.07.2017
Naturalisation fees take - 10.07.2017
Passport fees - 11.07.2017

THanks

Mohsin
Yes, common occurrence if you applied using the JCAP service at NCS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:34 pm

Thanks...

I did apply through NCS.

Should I expect the whole process ( to get passport) by end of Aug given that I applied in the begining of July ?

I have booked my holidays :)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:44 pm

MAS99 wrote:Thanks...

I did apply through NCS.

Should I expect the whole process ( to get passport) by end of Aug given that I applied in the begining of July ?

I have booked my holidays :)

Thanks
Unlikely. Summer is the busiest time in HO and HMPO. You will only be British once you attend your ceremony. Your passport will only be finalised once the council informs HO that you have attended your ceremony and HO then informs HMPO.

Applying through NCS doesn't speed up your application.

You are free to go on holiday, not sure why you think you can't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Ok.. I had to apply for schengean visa if I don't get the nationality by then

Anyway.. I will get the visa done just in case ...

I was reading the timeine for different peoples application and it seems that most applications are done within 3 months . So hoping mine will be done in same frame

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:04 pm

MAS99 wrote:Ok.. I had to apply for schengean visa if I don't get the nationality by then

Anyway.. I will get the visa done just in case ...

I was reading the timeine for different peoples application and it seems that most applications are done within 3 months . So hoping mine will be done in same frame
That's if you BC application is approved, bear that in mind :-)

Elster
Newly Registered

Post by Elster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:47 am

100kg wrote:hello guys, i think they have started dealing with May applicants. my friend who applied on the 3rd of may 2017 his online status was last updated on the 9th of july. beafore it was lastly updated on th 25th of may. Any one on here where applications was last updated on the 25th of may showing decided now.
pls comment if u can
When you write 'decided', do you mean 'approval', i.e. has your friend had their letter yet to say their naturalisation has been been approved? It may also mean that the application was rejected, that too would be a 'decision' (I sincerely hope it was not that).

Elster
Newly Registered

Post by Elster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:12 am

Ewelina_Sz wrote:Hello People,
Quick one ;)
How long time it takes now from Biometrics to date of receipt of approval ?
Hi Ewelina,

I wonder if there is some sort of internal target: most of the applications from the more recent timelines (self-selecting sample, I know, but the best I can go on) see a decision 3 months after the biometric details have been taken. Pre-Easter ones add another week or so, it would appear.

Overall, they've now pretty much reached 4 months from application to approval-letter-received for March applications (those that are clear runs and where no subsequent HO queries or other snags were reported) -- it was 3 months on average before.

Best,
Elster

Oscartwin
Newly Registered

Post by Oscartwin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi guys, HELP PLEASE !

I'm about to apply naturalisation. starting to look for 2 referees. I have someone who might be my referee.

Just wondering if they call to referee to check some information about applicant, if so what kind of questions do they ask? do they ask something about partner/wife as well?

Also can priest be referee too?

Please guys reply if you have some good informations.

many thanks. x

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Oscartwin wrote:Hi guys, HELP PLEASE !

I'm about to apply naturalisation. starting to look for 2 referees. I have someone who might be my referee.

Just wondering if they call to referee to check some information about applicant, if so what kind of questions do they ask? do they ask something about partner/wife as well?

many thanks. x
They may contact the referees but there aren't any recent reports on the report - so wouldn't worry about it. There is no information in the public domain as to what they might ask. Minister of Religion (priests) are acceptable as referee.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

100kg

Post by 100kg » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Tea_Rocket wrote:
pls comment if u can
Last updated to what? My guess is that it's, "Awaiting a decision" and even if it's not, the online service is in beta, so there are bound to be errors. Several people have posted about applications whose online statuses were changed to "decided" very quickly only to realise that it was ILR or something pertaining to a child's application that had been decided—the naturalisation application was still outstanding.

Given that there are still applicants from March who are waiting on decisions, as well as everyone who applied in April, I doubt very much that anyone who applied in May will receive a decision on a naturalisation application before August. I understand the desire to believe that your application will be decided quickly and that you won't have to wait the 3+ months that seems to be the current timeline, but at the moment, there is no basis for it other than pure wishful thinking.

Hey Tea_Rocket. as i said earlier about my friend who applied on the 3rd of may , and his status was updated to decided on the 9th of july form awaiting decision on 25th of may. He just receieved his approval this afternoon ,19th of may
i applied 2 weeks after him on the 22nd, so just praying that mine can be updated to decided too by the end of the month hopefully

Oscartwin
Newly Registered

Post by Oscartwin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:14 pm

alterhase58 wrote:

many thanks. x
They may contact the referees but there aren't any recent reports on the report - so wouldn't worry about it. There is no information in the public domain as to what they might ask. Minister of Religion (priests) are acceptable as referee.

thanks so much for immediate reply. I'm still worrying about it, hope someone report any experience about it.

I also have issue about surname. Basically the surname I use whole my life is not as it's in my birth certificate. The difference is only 1 letter. My first ID and my first passport is given incorrect surname. (for example : surname in birth certificate is "SMITH" and in my ID and Passport "SMIATH" the "A" is the difference.) you may think why did I accept my ID and Passport incorrect surname. It's because I've never been "SMITH", I always been "SMIATH" since nursery to UNI. They should have looked my birth certificate before issueing my ID or Passport.
I came in UK 2010 and all my status and ILR as well I have under the surname "SMIATH". My passport expired in 2017 Jan, I went to embassy of my country and apply new passport. They told me, the mistake appeared in the system and I had to apply new passport under the surname which is given in birth certificate. so now I have Passport on "SMITH" and ILR "SMIATH".
how complicated is my situation to apply naturalisation and explain all these above?

sorry guys for long text.

Many thanks. HELP :(

So now I have Passport under "SMITH" and ILR "SMIATH"

funkeq
Newly Registered

Post by funkeq » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:40 am

Hi guys

Quick question. When do i start counting, from when the application was received by HO? Or when the application fee was taken by HO or when the biometric was done? Please any idea?

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:07 am

funkeq wrote:Hi guys

Quick question. When do i start counting, from when the application was received by HO? Or when the application fee was taken by HO or when the biometric was done? Please any idea?
biometric, and good luck counting! just sit tight and curry on with your life make yourself busy with something else!

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:11 am

100kg wrote:Hey Tea_Rocket. as i said earlier about my friend who applied on the 3rd of may , and his status was updated to decided on the 9th of july form awaiting decision on 25th of may. He just receieved his approval this afternoon ,19th of may
i applied 2 weeks after him on the 22nd, so just praying that mine can be updated to decided too by the end of the month hopefully
Did your friend apply using Form AN or was it something else, like UKM or UKF (if you'll forgive the prying)?

hareap2
Newly Registered

Post by hareap2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:18 am

Tea_Rocket wrote:
100kg wrote:Hey Tea_Rocket. as i said earlier about my friend who applied on the 3rd of may , and his status was updated to decided on the 9th of july form awaiting decision on 25th of may. He just receieved his approval this afternoon ,19th of may
Did your friend apply using Form AN or was it something else, like UKM or UKF (if you'll forgive the prying)?
Don't believe him, that guy is lying. Here he says he applied at the same time as his "friend". Now he says he applied 2 weeks after him.

100kg

Post by 100kg » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:19 pm

hey , i dont get your point. Why should i lie about some ones application. He used form AN. he applied on the 3rd of may,2017, his ceremony is booked for the 9th of august. i applied on the 22 of may two weeks after him.
so i dont get the point why some one will say am lying. switch on lad

Tea_rocket he used form AN for naturalisation

kamransh
Mood:

Post by kamransh » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi,
I applied for my naturalisation using JCAP on 17/03/2017. Naturalisation fee was deducted from my account on 04/04/2017. However passport fee was only deducted on 21/07/2017. I'm not sure why there was such a long delay on in deducting passport fee. Almost every timeline I have read on here passport fee was deducted few days after naturalisation.

Anyone had a similar experience? Does this mean there is some movement in my application process?

Thanks

Indguru90

Post by Indguru90 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Oscartwin wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:

many thanks. x

thanks so much for immediate reply. I'm still worrying about it, hope someone report any experience about it.

I also have issue about surname. Basically the surname I use whole my life is not as it's in my birth certificate. The difference is only 1 letter. My first ID and my first passport is given incorrect surname. (for example : surname in birth certificate is "SMITH" and in my ID and Passport "SMIATH" the "A" is the difference.) you may think why did I accept my ID and Passport incorrect surname. It's because I've never been "SMITH", I always been "SMIATH" since nursery to UNI. They should have looked my birth certificate before issueing my ID or Passport.
I came in UK 2010 and all my status and ILR as well I have under the surname "SMIATH". My passport expired in 2017 Jan, I went to embassy of my country and apply new passport. They told me, the mistake appeared in the system and I had to apply new passport under the surname which is given in birth certificate. so now I have Passport on "SMITH" and ILR "SMIATH".
how complicated is my situation to apply naturalisation and explain all these above?

sorry guys for long text.

Many thanks. HELP :(

So now I have Passport under "SMITH" and ILR "SMIATH"
In re your first query: UKVI caseworkers are discouraged from contacting referees as per IND Nationality Instructions Chapter 6 paragraph 6.3.7.1, and any contact must be authorised by a senior caseworker. This means that, unless there are concerns about your identity (e.g., if you submitted a birth certificate as proof of ID instead of a passport or BRP) or, exceptionally, inconsistencies, referees will not be contacted. Random automated checks are conducted on referees (the target is verifying HMPO data for 5% of applications and random Police National Computer checks) but they will not be aware of such checks having been carried out.

In re your second query: this is no big deal. I once had a case of a lady with five different nationalities/passports with name variations in all of them, and she got her naturalisation. As long as your declare both your names on the form (and have explained the discrepancy briefly), that should be fine. Your certificate of naturalisation will be issued based on your passport/other official documents.

Should you wish HMPO to issue your passport in the name "SMIATH" instead of "SMITH" you should simply submit a deed poll. If you will be retaining your non-UK passport after naturalisation, you will additionally need to submit a letter from your embassy or other evidence from your embassy stating that the law of your country of origin does not allow you to change your passport. This is to avoid numerous people having passports in different identities.