ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting True Copy - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukpostgrad
Newly Registered

Requesting True Copy - ILR

Post by ukpostgrad » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:27 pm

HI All,

I am in safe boat as everyone been waiting for ILR result for years, its like whole life is standstill but now i have to get married for which marriage registration office is asking for signed and stamped copy of passport and BRP from homeoffice as i dont have and original ones.

I search but just cannot get any information on how to get this from homeoffice, please can anyone help?

I sent and email and letter to general Glasgow peo address on the letter with no joy

Thanks
Sumesh

zimba
Mood:

Re: Requesting True Copy - ILR

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Have you explained you situation to the register office ???
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ukpostgrad
Newly Registered

Post by ukpostgrad » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Yes I did, this is their reply (same over the phone)

You will have to ask the Home Office Case worker to send in a signed and stamped copy of your passport, to:

The Brent Registration Nationality Service
Brent Civic Centre
Engineers Way
Wembley
HA9 0FJ

Or email

reg@brent.gov.uk

Without this, we will not be able to make an appointment for you both to give legal notice of intention to marry.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Then you need to do as they say. You will certainly face huge hurdles to marry in the UK if you do not have a clear immigration status
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ukpostgrad
Newly Registered

Post by ukpostgrad » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks for your reply Zimba, with no dis-respect if you read my original post carefully, I am not asking if I should do as they say, I was seeking help to see if any one have information on the process of " how to get/request true copy of my passport and brp from homeoffice"