ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where i can travel in EU??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

babal_001
Newly Registered

Where i can travel in EU??

Post by babal_001 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi there,

I am a wife of British citizen and currently holding a spouse visa for two and half year, we like to go to Europe but found a bit hard to get visa for myself, could any expert suggest us which country we can travel without visa or which country is easier to get visit visa.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thx
Jyoti

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Where i can travel in EU??

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:22 am

Should we guess your nationality?

To travel anywhere within Europe if you would normally require a visa, you will still need a tourist visa. This doesn't change due to being married to a British citizen.

Your spouse visa is only relevant to entering the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

londonukguy

Post by londonukguy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm wondering OP can travel with her British husband as an accompanying partner of an EU national under EU route and can claim entry at border of any EU country.
CR001 please clarify if it's possible?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:44 pm

londonukguy wrote:I'm wondering OP can travel with her British husband as an accompanying partner of an EU national under EU route and can claim entry at border of any EU country.
CR001 please clarify if it's possible?
I know of at least one person on this forum previously reporting (earlier this year in fact) a refusal to board at airport when trying to use this mechanism. The response then was that the refusal by the airline was incorrect, however, a clarification would be helpful.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

babal_001
Newly Registered

Post by babal_001 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:21 pm

CR001 wrote:Should we guess your nationality?

To travel anywhere within Europe if you would normally require a visa, you will still need a tourist visa. This doesn't change due to being married to a British citizen.

Thx cr001 for ur reply.
I am Indian in national, living in U.K. For 11 year was on student dependent and tier1 visa, now on spouse visa as my husband got BP after 1 year on ILR, I am planning to apply next year ILR on the basis of 10 year, do I need to wait for one year to get naturalisation after getting ILR?.

Thx again.

babal_001
Newly Registered

Post by babal_001 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:07 pm

CR001 wrote:Should we guess your nationality?

Thx cr001 for ur reply.
I am Indian in national, living in U.K. For 11 year was on student dependent and tier1 visa, now on spouse visa as my husband got BP after 1 year on ILR, I am planning to apply next year ILR on the basis of 10 year, do I need to wait for one year to get naturalisation after getting ILR?.

Thx again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Indians need valid schengen visa to travel EU or be married to EU national & hold EU based residence permit. On uk spouse visa she cannot travel anywhere except to UK only.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.