ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 Year Category

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dj.akin
Newly Registered

ILR 10 Year Category

Post by dj.akin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:20 am

hi there,

I applied for ILR through 10 years long residence. was on on tier 1 general visa with my wife as dependant. The visa was valid till February 2017 for both of us.

I got my ILR september 2015, my wife qualified for ILR via 10 years long residence on december 2016. her application is still with home office now.

my worry is that should she have changed her visa when i got my ILR in september 2015 (i.e. does her dependant visa become invalid at that point), or it does not matter for the 10 years long residence route which require the applicant to have been in the UK LEGALLY for 10years

eoo10

Re: ILR 10 Year Category

Post by eoo10 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 am

dj.akin wrote:hi there,

I applied for ILR through 10 years long residence. was on on tier 1 general visa with my wife as dependant. The visa was valid till February 2017 for both of us.

I got my ILR september 2015, my wife qualified for ILR via 10 years long residence on december 2016. her application is still with home office now.

my worry is that should she have changed her visa when i got my ILR in september 2015 (i.e. does her dependant visa become invalid at that point), or it does not matter for the 10 years long residence route which require the applicant to have been in the UK LEGALLY for 10years
Hi dj.akin,
if your wife's dependent visa was valid during application she should be fine. A lot of us has been waiting for decision since last year. You can read more from the "long residence" time line. Did your wife received letter of complex issues from UKVI?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:02 pm

dj.akin wrote:hi there,

No, her visa was not invalided
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dj.akin
Newly Registered

Post by dj.akin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:19 pm

Thank you, Zimba88 and eoo10 for your replies.

To answer your question, eoo10. She did not receive letter of complex issues from UKVI. I felt it should be straightforward application for her.

The reasons for asking my previous question are:

1.The wives of two of my friends got their applications for ILR via 10 long residence refused. they claimed the home office officials told them that when they, the husbands, switched to ILR, their wives did not have "an anchor" for their dependant visas anymore. Although they also mentioned that there may have been at least one other reason attached to the refusal.Frankly, i did not get the complete picture from them.

2. I also remembered the home office official asking me when I was applying for ILR at PEO Glasgow, what my plan was for my wife since I am switching, and I told her she will apply for ILR in December 2016 when she hits the 10 year mark, and she said "fine".

So, to recap, Zimba88 and eoo10, you guys say her tier 1 general dependant visa was still valid after I switched to ILR, therefore based on this reason alone, you don't see any reason for her application for ILR to be refused, right?