ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set O form query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VWS

application for ILR

Post by VWS » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:42 am

Hi

I have successfully received my extension on Tier 1E 50k route. 8) As I got my initial visa in Oct 13, this means I am under transitional arrangements. For the application of ILR, am I right in saying that I can apply in Oct 18 after fulfilling the job creation requirement and clearing LIUK test. Also for the job creation criteria, I have got 1 full time employee doing 30 hours a week and 1 part time employee doing 25 hours a week and another part time employee who is doing 10 hours a week. As per my understanding of the guidance, I full-fill the job creation criteria if I am able to maintain the 2 part times for a continuous period of 12 months. I completely understand that the full time position has to be maintained as well for 12 months. :arrow:

is there any other thing I need to worry about? :shock:

Just need to double check my understanding on the guidance. Please correct me if I am wrong. :!:

Many thanks :idea:

marcnath

Re: application for ILR

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:12 pm

VWS wrote:Hi

I have successfully received my extension on Tier 1 50k route.
Congratulations.
VWS wrote: 8) As I got my initial visa in Oct 13, this means I am under transitional arrangements. For the application of ILR, am I right in saying that I can apply in Oct 18 after fulfilling the job creation requirement and clearing LIUK test.
Correct.
VWS wrote: Also for the job creation criteria, I have got 1 full time employee doing 30 hours a week and 1 part time employee doing 25 hours a week and another part time employee who is doing 10 hours a week. As per my understanding of the guidance, I full-fill the job creation criteria if I am able to maintain the 2 part times for a continuous period of 12 months. I completely understand that the full time position has to be maintained as well for 12 months. :arrow:
Correct again.
VWS wrote:is there any other thing I need to worry about? :shock:
Not really. Seems straightforward.
VWS wrote:Just need to double check my understanding on the guidance. Please correct me if I am wrong. :!:

Many thanks :idea:
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

VWS

Post by VWS » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Many thanks for the confirmation. :)

Any other gurus ... ???

Zimba???

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Advice given above is fine.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

VWS

Post by VWS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Hello group memebers n gurus!

I hope you all r doing good.

Just a quick confirmation regarding the discussion stated above..

If a part time worker leaves the job and is then replaced by another worker doing the same job role and same part time hours...will this be olryt for the job satisfaction criteria in terms of the continuity of the same role.

For example an employee working 18 hours a week in an admin role leaves job in feb and is replaced by another worker in march under the same job designation doing 20 hours a week.

Will this above scenario be acceptable keeping in mind I am under transitional arrangements.

Just confirming as in guidance part time positions has to be maintained for 12 months in order for them to qualify for 1 full job.

Many thanks in advance

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:22 am

VWS wrote:
If a part time worker leaves the job and is then replaced by another worker doing the same job role and same part time hours...will this be olryt for the job satisfaction criteria in terms of the continuity of the same role.

For example an employee working 18 hours a week in an admin role leaves job in feb and is replaced by another worker in march under the same job designation doing 20 hours a week.

Will this above scenario be acceptable keeping in mind I am under transitional arrangements.
Yes, it will be acceptable even if it is not transitional. Of course, you need another PT worker also to make up the full 30 hrs.
VWS wrote:Just confirming as in guidance part time positions has to be maintained for 12 months in order for them to qualify for 1 full job.

Many thanks in advance
While it is not explicitly state, from the experience shared in this forum, HO seems to be honoring the pre-2014 guidelines for those who applied pre-2014.

Under the old guidelines, there was no requirement to maintain PT jobs for 12 months.

So, for you, I don't think it is a requirement
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

VWS

Post by VWS » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:28 am

Many thanks for your response :) appreciate that

Zimbaa or any other more experienced gurus... what do u think?

VWS

Post by VWS » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Any luck???

Zimbaaa?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:03 pm

VWS wrote:Any luck???

Zimbaaa?
You may want to be more precise.

What exactly are you seeking additional advice on or do you just want numbers ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:56 pm

I do not need to repeat the advice if the advice given is sufficient :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

VWS

Post by VWS » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Many thanks for your confirmation

Marcnath... I do respect your opinion and thanked you for your suggestion but I was just asking for any other gurus specially zimba as most people do in this forum.

This does not mean at all that I dont think what you are saying is right or wrong. You are absolutely right in your advice.

Thanks zimba for your affirmation.

Peace ✌

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:10 pm

VWS wrote:Many thanks for your confirmation

Marcnath... I do respect your opinion and thanked you for your suggestion but I was just asking for any other gurus specially zimba as most people do in this forum.

This does not mean at all that I dont think what you are saying is right or wrong. You are absolutely right in your advice.

Thanks zimba for your affirmation.

Peace ✌
That is fine and I am not taking any offence.

Just that this is a volunteers forum and I am sure people will use the limited time they have to add value to answers if they think it will add value.

If someone has already answered, the other volunteers would be better off spending their time on other questions.

sedra
Newly Registered

Post by sedra » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Hello
I am confused regarding job creation.
I got my initial T1 Entrepreneur Visa in March 2013 and then extended my visa. For ILR am I using the same documents which I used for the visa extension on creation of the two roles (each 12 Months) which I created in the first three years before extension and got point for that and extended my visa. The two employees don't work for us anymore. Or for ILR do I again need two more employees?
I appreciate your advice.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:36 am

sedra wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:14 pm
Hello
I am confused regarding job creation.
I got my initial T1 Entrepreneur Visa in March 2013 and then extended my visa. For ILR am I using the same documents which I used for the visa extension on creation of the two roles (each 12 Months) which I created in the first three years before extension and got point for that and extended my visa. The two employees don't work for us anymore. Or for ILR do I again need two more employees?
I appreciate your advice.
Please read the guidance.
For ILR, you need to have 24 months of employment after your extension was granted.

VWS

Set O form query

Post by VWS » Wed May 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Hello fellow members and Gurus! :)
Hope you are all doing great. Just a quick question while filling up a Set (O) form. :!:

I hired an employee while my application was with HO for extension which has been approved successfully. So on the Set O form where information is required to prove job creation for 24 months, Will I fill in the details for the period when the time starts for job creation counter (after visa extension) or will I fill in the original start date. (the time when I hired an employee while application was with HO)?? :?:

I am fully aware that the time period in which application was with HO will not count, which is why I am trying to inquire. :idea:

Help is always appreciated. :P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set O form query

Post by CR001 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Topics Merged (click)

Kindly keep all ILR questions in your topic (this one) in the ILR sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Re: Set O form query

Post by marcnath » Wed May 23, 2018 2:06 pm

VWS wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:48 pm
Hello fellow members and Gurus! :)
Hope you are all doing great. Just a quick question while filling up a Set (O) form. :!:

I hired an employee while my application was with HO for extension which has been approved successfully. So on the Set O form where information is required to prove job creation for 24 months, Will I fill in the details for the period when the time starts for job creation counter (after visa extension) or will I fill in the original start date. (the time when I hired an employee while application was with HO)?? :?:

I am fully aware that the time period in which application was with HO will not count, which is why I am trying to inquire. :idea:

Help is always appreciated. :P
Fill in the application form as it states - start date is the start date of the employee. Nothing to do with extension date