ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 E Extension Refused - Readily Identifiable Investment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Tier 1 E Extension Refused - Readily Identifiable Investment

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:51 am

I applied for Tier 1 Extension application (50K) in feb and received refusal letter on 24-07-2017. 50 K Investment was made through directors loan and I had submitted all the supporting documents including company accounts, bank statement, directors loan agreement.

The reason mentioned by Home Office.

"You have supplied us with Company House Report, Unaudited accounts, Barclays Business Bank Statement, Corporation Tax and Directors Loan Agreement.
The business bank statement you had supplied us with do not readily identify your investment into the business bank account. Therefor we cannot award you point for this attribute"

I had submitted my business bank statement (that Shows my personal account numbers) and also my personal account (shows my business account number). The transfer was made from my personal account to business account in a single transaction of 50,000 and was highlighted in the covering letter that I am providing 2 bank statements.

Do you think this is an oversight on part of the case worker as my personal bank statement was never mentioned in the list of documents supplied.

has anyone come across similar case.

I am planning to apply for AR and hope that the decision would be overturned.

Note - New extension applicants please be extra careful on this point if your name doesn't reflect on your business bank statement.

Thanks AK

nish_patel7

Re: Tier 1 E Extension Refused - Readily Identifiable Invest

Post by nish_patel7 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:27 am

U mean to say you did submit the personal bank statement of the same month when the £50000k was transferred?

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:12 am

Hi,
Sorry to hear that,
I have applied in march and still waiting for decision ,
I have the same scenario, I transferred , 50k into business account from personal in 3 transaction in 2 consecutive days , first one was a faster or chaps payment of 20k from personal to business and it's showing my business name on personal and my name on business statement however the subsequent 2 transactions were internal transfer from Natwest personal to Natwest business as there were charges for chaos payment but later on I realised that personal statement is only showing business account number and business showing personal account number , so I mentioned that in a covering letter and also managed to get a letter from branch manager clarifying and stating the same with all the 3 transaction details from my personal to business .
I hope they accept it as we don't have any control over as to how the name will show up on statement .
I think you go for AR and they should be able to over turn the decision as it's beyond our control how name shows up on statements .
Other gurus will be able to guide you further .
All the best
Atif

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:19 am

k_ahad wrote:I applied for Tier 1 Extension application (50K) in feb and received refusal letter on 24-07-2017. 50 K Investment was made through directors loan and I had submitted all the supporting documents including company accounts, bank statement, directors loan agreement.

"You have supplied us with Company House Report, Unaudited accounts, Barclays Business Bank Statement, Corporation Tax and Directors Loan Agreement.
The business bank statement you had supplied us with do not readily identify your investment into the business bank account. Therefor we cannot award you point for this attribute"

I had submitted my business bank statement (that Shows my personal account numbers) and also my personal account (shows my business account number). The transfer was made from my personal account to business account in a single transaction of 50,000 and was highlighted in the covering letter that I am providing 2 bank statements.

Do you think this is an oversight on part of the case worker as my personal bank statement was never mentioned in the list of documents supplied.

Note - New extension applicants please be extra careful on this point if your name doesn't reflect on your business bank statement.

Thanks AK
Sorry to hear that.
My situation is exactly like you and my business bank statement only shows my personal acc number and I have submitted my personal bank statement too. I have transfered the money in several instalment in 3-4 consecutive days.
I am waiting since last Aug and now I am dead worried :(
Please update us about your case.
Finger crossed the decision will be overturned.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:28 am

k_ahad wrote:I applied for Tier 1 Extension application (50K) in feb and received refusal letter on 24-07-2017. 50 K Investment was made through directors loan and I had submitted all the supporting documents including company accounts, bank statement, directors loan agreement.

Thanks AK
The immigration rules state
".... readily identifiable transactions in the applicant’s business bank statements, which must clearly show the transfer of this money from the applicant to his business."

There is no mention of personal bank statements, so the strict reading is that the only accepted evidence is the business bank statement.

As you recognised, the business bank statement should ideally have had your name against the investment.

But, in your case, it had your personal account number and you supplied your personal bank statement to show that the account was yours. Those two together should meet the requirement
1) The transactions are readily identifiable with your account number
2) Your personal bank statement clearly shows that account number belongs to you, the applicant.

I would consider this a CW mistake. Clearly argue as above and the AR should get through.

As the rules have been set up, it is a lot easier to evidence the investment as a share capital. I am not sure why most people go for DL, especially if you are the only or major shareholder.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tarun_shreeji

Post by tarun_shreeji » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:37 am

when you apply for extension in Feb-2017?

can you share your time line please.

thanks
Nqf level 4 business

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:40 am

nish_patel7 wrote:U mean to say you did submit the personal bank statement of the same month when the £50000k was transferred?
Hi,

That's correct - The personal bank statement of the same month and both the transactions happened on the same date. (Sometimes there could be a difference of day depending upon what time the transfer was done.

Thanks

AK

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 am

tarun_shreeji wrote:when you apply for extension in Feb-2017?

thanks
Hi Tarun,

Yes I applied on 4th Feb 2017.

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:45 am

Atif786 wrote:Hi,
Sorry to hear that,
I have applied in march and still waiting for decision ,
I have the same scenario, I transferred , 50k into business account from personal in 3 transaction in 2 consecutive days , first one was a faster or chaps payment of 20k from personal to business and it's showing my business name on personal and my name on business statement however the subsequent 2 transactions were internal transfer from Natwest personal to Natwest business as there were charges for chaos payment but later on I realised that personal statement is only showing business account number and business showing personal account number , so I mentioned that in a covering letter and also managed to get a letter from branch manager clarifying and stating the same with all the 3 transaction details from my personal to business .
I hope they accept it as we don't have any control over as to how the name will show up on statement .
I think you go for AR and they should be able to over turn the decision as it's beyond our control how name shows up on statements .
Other gurus will be able to guide you further .
All the best
Hi Atif,
I would file for AR within the next couple of days and hopefully the decision should be overturned.
Thanks
AK

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:48 am

tarun_shreeji wrote:when you apply for extension in Feb-2017?

thanks
Hi,

Applied 04 Feb - 2017
Biometric 09 Feb - 2017
Complex Letter - March 2017
Partial IHS refund - 12 July 2017
Refusal Letter - 22 July 2017

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:54 am

marcnath wrote:

Thanks AK
The immigration rules state
".... readily identifiable transactions in the applicant’s business bank statements, which must clearly show the transfer of this money from the applicant to his business."

There is no mention of personal bank statements, so the strict reading is that the only accepted evidence is the business bank statement.

As you recognised, the business bank statement should ideally have had your name against the investment.

But, in your case, it had your personal account number and you supplied your personal bank statement to show that the account was yours. Those two together should meet the requirement
1) The transactions are readily identifiable with your account number
2) Your personal bank statement clearly shows that account number belongs to you, the applicant.

I would consider this a CW mistake. Clearly argue as above and the AR should get through.

As the rules have been set up, it is a lot easier to evidence the investment as a share capital. I am not sure why most people go for DL, especially if you are the only or major shareholder.
Thank You Marc.

I should file for AR within the next couple of days. The case worker didn't offer evidential flexibility though the covering letter clearly mentioned that we are submitting business bank and personal bank statement. The refusal summary also doesn't mention of my personal bank statement at all.

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:55 am

zamaha wrote:

Thanks AK
Sorry to hear that.
My situation is exactly like you and my business bank statement only shows my personal acc number and I have submitted my personal bank statement too. I have transfered the money in several instalment in 3-4 consecutive days.
I am waiting since last Aug and now I am dead worried :(
Please update us about your case.
Finger crossed the decision will be overturned.
Hopefully in your case there would be a different case worker and would be able to connect the business and personal bank statement.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:57 am

k_ahad wrote:
Thank You Marc.

I should file for AR within the next couple of days. The case worker didn't offer evidential flexibility though the covering letter clearly mentioned that we are submitting business bank and personal bank statement. The refusal summary also doesn't mention of my personal bank statement at all.
I don't even think this is a case that needs evidential flexibility. The evidence seems clear enough in this case.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Momi

Post by Momi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:33 am

Many people got refusal on this point.
You probably have Barclays personal and business accounts and you were using Barclays app to transfer the money?
It's good thing that you submitted personal statement.
Take marcnath advise.
You will most likely get visa on AR.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:51 am

I submitted application in March and waiting like others

I provided both personal and business bank statements(highlighted eight transactions of total 64750 from Oct 2013- February 2017): My reference has always been " Directors Loan" via Online transfer. I do not think we can do much more than this. Both Personal and Business account numbers are sufficient to tally I think.

manu1221
Newly Registered

Post by manu1221 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks AK
Really sorry to hear this new, that's surely a CW error.
I have exactly the same scenario. I have invested the money from Personal to Business with the reference as 'INVESTMENT'. And my business account statement has a title of my company's name on it, I have also submitted my personal statements when the transfer completed back in DEC, 2014. Hopefully you'll get extension on AR, and let's pray that CWs pay more attention to the case rather just refusing on silly basis.

vips.twish2
Newly Registered

Post by vips.twish2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:19 am

Me and my business partner did transfer money to Business accounts in 4 times from our personal account
We have submitted each personal account statement and business account statement pages which shows money out and In.
our business account show transfer as below
31 Oct 16 MR XYZ 30OCT16 DIRECTOR LOAN TFR 7500.00 51825.88
31 Oct 16 MR ABC 30OCT16 DIRECTOR LOAN TFR 7500.00 44325.88

All accounts with Lloyds bBank
We applied on 08-02-2017 and got extension on 21-07-2017

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:16 am

I agree that this is mistake on CW part and misreading of the rules. AR should overturn the decision
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:23 am

i have exactly same case and I am going to apply my visa soon . i have personal and business acc in same bank so when i transferred money from personal to business acc .. it just shows business and personal acc details. so I will write in my cover letter explaining the situation. i have invested by share capital, I am bit scared though. My dear K_ahad, ur fine . i am sure in AR u will be able to get visa. its not big issue thank god they did not put any other reason. i am 100 % sure u will get visa.. good luck and keep updating us.

take care,

Regards

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:52 am

Momi wrote:Many people got refusal on this point.
You probably have Barclays personal and business accounts and you were using Barclays app to transfer the money?
It's good thing that you submitted personal statement.
Take marcnath advise.
You will most likely get visa on AR.
That's correct. They are refusing visa for really small reasons.

My both accounts are with barclays and I did use the app to transfer the money :D

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:53 am

heyaheya wrote:i have exactly same case and I am going to apply my visa soon . i have personal and business acc in same bank so when i transferred money from personal to business acc .. it just shows business and personal acc details. so I will write in my cover letter explaining the situation. i have invested by share capital, I am bit scared though. My dear K_ahad, ur fine . i am sure in AR u will be able to get visa. its not big issue thank god they did not put any other reason. i am 100 % sure u will get visa.. good luck and keep updating us.

take care,

Regards
All the best with your application!

Hope you wouldn't come across this issue. Also I was happy that no other reason was highlighted for refusal.

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:59 am

manu1221 wrote:

Thanks AK
Really sorry to hear this new, that's surely a CW error.
I have exactly the same scenario. I have invested the money from Personal to Business with the reference as 'INVESTMENT'. And my business account statement has a title of my company's name on it, I have also submitted my personal statements when the transfer completed back in DEC, 2014. Hopefully you'll get extension on AR, and let's pray that CWs pay more attention to the case rather just refusing on silly basis.
Thanks Manu! All the best for your application. This new "Readily identifiable Transaction" was added in Mid of 2015, else would have ensured that the transfer has some reference such as Directors Loan / Name.

k_ahad
Newly Registered

Post by k_ahad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:02 pm

zimba88 wrote:I agree that this is mistake on CW part and misreading of the rules. AR should overturn the decision
Thanks Zimba for the reassurance. Would share the details of the outcome :D

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:12 pm

heyaheya wrote:i have exactly same case and I am going to apply my visa soon . i have personal and business acc in same bank so when i transferred money from personal to business acc .. it just shows business and personal acc details. so I will write in my cover letter explaining the situation. i have invested by share capital, I am bit scared though. My dear K_ahad, ur fine . i am sure in AR u will be able to get visa. its not big issue thank god they did not put any other reason. i am 100 % sure u will get visa.. good luck and keep updating us.

take care,

Regards
If you have invested by share capital you don't need the bank statements at all

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi,it's not about Barclay bank , if anyone holds personal and business account with same bank and use mobile app or online banking for transferring the money between account instead of payment then it only shows account numbers ,
Those are in similar situation and yet to apply for visa must get a letter from banking explaining those transactions and I think CW can't miss it or ignore it.
Just extra precaution to be on the safer side.
Atif