ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dipa1234
Newly Registered

5 years residence

Post by dipa1234 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:33 pm

I am on a dependent visa (on a settled person). I complete 5 years of my residence in UK by Dec, 2017.

I applied my first visa (tier 1 general dependent visa) from India. The duration of that visa is 6 months. After that I applied for couple of visa extensions from UK (duration of each is 2.5 years). If my first 6 months of stay (visa applied from India) cannot not be considered, then I won't be eligible for ILR by this December. The FAQs only talk about 5 years stay. But they don't say which type of visa should it be.

So my question is - Would by first 6 months of stay in UK be considered for ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 5 years residence

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:29 pm

You need 5 years on your current visa catergory. You cannot combine different categories (tier 1 dependent and spouse settlement visa) to make up 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Richard007
Barbados

Re: 5 years residence

Post by Richard007 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Visa combinations do not work for 5 years settlement application. They only work for 10 years long residency. So for 5 years you must make sure you are on the same visa(Visa like tier 1, Tier 2 etc) and spend it within the UK.