ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From T2 to ILR with one dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Seebaelsi
Newly Registered

From T2 to ILR with one dependent

Post by Seebaelsi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi,

I always find your responses very helpful in my previous submissions and I hope I will be co-operated by the experts this time too..

We came to UK in 2010 on a study visa and, after my degree, switched to T2 on Sep 2012. As we are completing our 5 years by this Sep, I'm planning to submit my ILR application ( SET (0) ) using in person service, by next week. We both have visa till Sep 2018. I have these questions if I'm answered, I will be very thankful.

1 ) Can my Husband ( dependent) submit his application later on, as he has visa till Sep 2018?.

2) if YES, then which form should I use for his application? ( keeping in mind I will be on ILR hopefully by the time he submits his application).

3) Can he travels on that T2 dependent visa as if the main applicant has got ILR but not him?.

4) Would it be a bad idea for him not to submit his application with me?.

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply over this.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: From T2 to ILR with one dependent

Post by iworker » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:14 am

if he has been with you for the entier time, i.e., if he has spent over 5 years on pbs dependent, he can apply with you or after you have got the ilr.
Each way is fine and doesnt matter.
He can also carry on using his tier 2 dependent and travel while u have ilr, thats not a problem either

Richard007
Barbados

Re: From T2 to ILR with one dependent

Post by Richard007 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Iworker is correct.

1 ) Can my Husband ( dependent) submit his application later on, as he has visa till Sep 2018?. YES

2) if YES, then which form should I use for his application? form SET(O)

3) Can he travels on that T2 dependent visa as if the main applicant has got ILR but not him?. YES

4) Would it be a bad idea for him not to submit his application with me?. NO