ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Edwinlobo2907
Newly Registered

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Edwinlobo2907 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:33 pm

Degtom
Did you apply in Singapore ?

samiprakash
Newly Registered

Post by samiprakash » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Hi Everyone,
I've been reading this thread from the beginning, congrats to those who got visa, sorry for those whose visa got refused and good luck to those awaiting for the visa.
I am also waiting for the visa of my husband who applied from Nepal on 23rd June 2017 to come to join me in the UK (me being EEA national). His application was received in sheffield, Uk on 6th July and not straight forward email on 11th July. It is only 5th week but feels soo long. i thought it would only take 15 working
days but after reading this thread I came to know it takes long. And waiting is stressing :(. hoping to hear good news soon but don't know when :|

Good Luck to all of us :D
samiprakash

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:56 am

Hello everyone

I just checked my application status and it says decided, I am hoping to get positive outcome (fingers really crossed)

Here is my timeline:

Application submitted: 19/04/2017 New Delhi
Not straightforward e-mail: 05/05/2017
My application status was updated 05/05/2017 to awaiting decision.
A new application status update 26/07/2017
So the Decision has been whithin 2 months and 22 days

My case was escalated 4 times, I have sent an email to HO complains, last week email my local MP about my situation and have contacting them for status update every 2 weeks.

I hope it will help you guys and hope to get positive outcome.

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:40 pm

Ajmal1990 wrote:Hello everyone

I just checked my application status and it says decided, I am hoping to get positive outcome (fingers really crossed)

Here is my timeline:

My case was escalated 4 times, I have sent an email to HO complains, last week email my local MP about my situation and have contacting them for status update every 2 weeks.

Hello Ajmal
Glad to hear that you are going to get ur decision soon. I have applied form Mumbai on 03/04/2017 still no news. I once called the helpline and lady was not helpful at all and asked me to wait for 90 days to over. Which is finihisng in a week time.
If you kind enough can you give me more details how to complain to HO and if u can share wordings also.
I will be contacting MP and see if she can intervene.

Good luck to you. Hopefully u get ur permit.

Kind regards

Irfan

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Bollox wrote:
Ajmal1990 wrote:Hello everyone

Here is my timeline:

Hello Ajmal
Glad to hear that you are going to get ur decision soon. I have applied form Mumbai on 03/04/2017 still no news. I once called the helpline and lady was not helpful at all and asked me to wait for 90 days to over. Which is finihisng in a week time.
If you kind enough can you give me more details how to complain to HO and if u can share wordings also.
I will be contacting MP and see if she can intervene.

Good luck to you. Hopefully u get ur permit.

Kind regards

Irfan
Hi Irfan

This is the email address: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Just tell them why you are not happy, give them some strong reasons and ask them to ask UKVI to esclate your case. My Indian visa is expired so I took advantage from that. I don't think my local MP has been in contact with them as I haven't got anything back from her some try home office first.

Good luck

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello Ajmal, let us know about your decision. Fingers crossed for you.
How did you check application status please? Was it possible to check before application was decided?

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Enka2018 wrote:Hello Ajmal, let us know about your decision. Fingers crossed for you.
How did you check application status please? Was it possible to check before application was decided?

Hi Enka2018

This is the link for checking your application status
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

This link only works when the decision has been made otherwise it will say reference number not recognised. My application was decided on 26 but reference number was recognised from 28, I hope we get the passport tomorrow.

Good luck

yuki719
Newly Registered

Post by yuki719 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:09 pm

Dear everyone,

An update on my visa situation. Since we haven't heard anything back after the "decided" email enquiry. My husband called the visa services and we found out that I was given wrong information. Apparently, my application was not decided and is still awaiting decision. I find this contradictory information upsetting. To give us false hope is horrible. The waiting is already hard enough but there is no excuse to providing false information especially since we paid for all these emails and phone calls. :(

Any suggestions on what we should do?

diwakar85
Newly Registered

Post by diwakar85 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:39 pm

I have receive 2nd email saying "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward"

Is this happened to anyone

Applied on : 6th June
1st email : 15 June saying application received at Sheffield
2nd email : 20 June " not straightforward email"
3rd email : 31 July " not straightforward email "

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:50 pm

diwakar85 wrote:I have receive 2nd email saying "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward"

This is an interesting thing, my timeline is similar to yours so I might be getting the same response.

From where did you apply and what's your nationalities if you don't mind?

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:59 am

Hello all
I have applied on 03/04/2017 and still awaiting reply. Last email I have received from UKVI is on 20/04/2017. No news after that. By end of this week it will be 90 working days.

I will be emailing next Monday and inquire as 90 working days will be over.

Has anyone applied on or before03/04/2017 and still awaiting reply?

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:26 am

Bollox wrote:Hello all
I have applied on 03/04/2017 and still awaiting reply. Last email I have received from UKVI is on 20/04/2017. No news after that. By end of this week it will be 90 working days.

I have Exactly Same time line as urs. I am tired of inquiring. M just gonna wait and after I get the visa freaking sue them. Done that before, will do now too.

Good Luck

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:41 pm

sidkapure wrote:
Bollox wrote:Hello all

I have Exactly Same time line as urs. I am tired of inquiring. M just gonna wait and after I get the visa freaking sue them. Done that before, will do now too.

Good Luck
Hello Sid,

I have applied on 24th March from Mumbai (South) and 90 working days of waiting will get over in this week. Still I have not got any reply from them. I have used the email service, but I think it is totally waste of money as they just say that your application is in process.

Bollox don't waste money on this. After your waiting period is come to an end you try contacting them. Even after giving them the details in email and asking them to escalate, they still ask for more details and reason for escalating( as if I have applied yesterday and want my result in one day).

I don't understand why they are taking so long for making a decision. It is really painful waiting for so long.

mehraj
Newly Registered

Post by mehraj » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been reading this thread from the beginning, congrats to those who got visa, sorry for those whose visa got refused and good luck to those awaiting for the visa.

Is it possible to apply family permit direct from UK? if yes, then why are we all wasting time applying Family permit from outside UK. They will only issue Family permit if spouse have enough to support family.

I guess we should apply normal visit visa which takes 20 working days and it has same requirement all they need is enough funds to support so Spouse can be your sponsor and as soon as visa issue go to UK and apply Family permit.

I may be wrong but this is the quickest way i think. Please share your thought.

Thank you

diwakar85
Newly Registered

Post by diwakar85 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:11 am

KID1413 wrote:
diwakar85 wrote:I have receive 2nd email saying "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward"

This is an interesting thing, my timeline is similar to yours so I might be getting the same response.

From where did you apply and what's your nationalities if you don't mind?
From Hyderabad, india and u?

degtom
Newly Registered

Post by degtom » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:38 am

Edwinlobo2907 wrote:Degtom
Did you apply in Singapore ?
Edwinlobo2907,
Yes, applied in Singapore of which I am a national of. Is your spouse a Malaysian citizen applying from KL?
yuki719 wrote:Dear everyone,

An update on my visa situation. Since we haven't heard anything back after the "decided" email enquiry. My husband called the visa services and we found out that I was given wrong information. Apparently, my application was not decided and is still awaiting decision. I find this contradictory information upsetting. To give us false hope is horrible. The waiting is already hard enough but there is no excuse to providing false information especially since we paid for all these emails and phone calls. :(

Any suggestions on what we should do?
yuki719,
Oh no, sorry to hear this happened to you.

Just a suggestion from me (I'm in no way an expert on this); I noticed you mentioned receiving the "Decided" notification via email and this is in black and white compared to verbal info via a phone call. So perhaps, you could follow up on that email thread (with it saying "decided") to enquire why you are not getting further information on how to proceed, rather than phone call? Perhaps, both avenues don't seem to be coordinated with each other?
When you input your GWF number on the status page, do you get any indication?

Still wishing you and all of us here, the best!

degtom
Newly Registered

Post by degtom » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:33 pm

mehraj wrote:Hi Guys,

Is it possible to apply family permit direct from UK? if yes, then why are we all wasting time applying Family permit from outside UK. They will only issue Family permit if spouse have enough to support family.

I guess we should apply normal visit visa which takes 20 working days and it has same requirement all they need is enough funds to support so Spouse can be your sponsor and as soon as visa issue go to UK and apply Family permit.

Thank you
It is not possible to apply for an EEA Family Permit inside the UK.

If you enter on a Visitor/Travel visa, you cannot switch to other types of longer-stay visa should you wish to remain in the UK with your EU family.

Hope this helps.

Edwinlobo2907
Newly Registered

Post by Edwinlobo2907 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Detom,
My wife is a Malaysian citizen and we applied in Kuala Lumpur on 7th June followed by the not straight forward email received on the 26th from Sheffield.
This is the 6th week after that email.
I did çall twice to escalate but it really doesn't help.
I am a Portuguese citizen residing in UK for the last 10 years.

As a Malaysian citizen my wife has a visa on arrival for 6 months. ..don't understand why UKVI has a problem to issue the EEA FP which is an entry clearence visa.

Just waiting. ..its pure agony for us all. It's a deliberate attempt to slow down the entry of EU family. ..

samiprakash
Newly Registered

Post by samiprakash » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Edwinlobo2907 wrote:Detom,
My wife is a Malaysian citizen and we applied in Kuala Lumpur on 7th June followed by the not straight forward email received on the 26th from Sheffield.
This is the 6th week after that email.
I did çall twice to escalate but it really doesn't help.
I am a Portuguese citizen residing in UK for the last 10 years.

As a Malaysian citizen my wife has a visa on arrival for 6 months. ..don't understand why UKVI has a problem to issue the EEA FP which is an entry clearence visa.

Just waiting. ..its pure agony for us all. It's a deliberate attempt to slow down the entry of EU family. ..
Hi Edwin,
I guess mine and your case is similar....my husband has applied from Nepal he is a Nepalese citizen and I am living in UK for 10 years now holding Belgium passport. And they are definitely trying to slow down the cases on purpose and charging to enquire is also ridiculous. They are just wasting our time and their time. Waiting is so stressing and we are not even 100% sure that they will grant a visa to our spouse. I hate waiting. My husband applied on 23rd of June so its 6th week now :(.
Still good luck to all of us.
Samiprakash x

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:22 pm

degtom wrote:
mehraj wrote:Hi Guys,

Thank you
It is not possible to apply for an EEA Family Permit inside the UK.

If you enter on a Visitor/Travel visa, you cannot switch to other types of longer-stay visa should you wish to remain in the UK with your EU family.
While that last part is true, it is also irrelevant. Once the spouse is in the EEA, the EEA rights depend on the marriage being genuine and the sponsor being a qualified person (or on their initial three months). In particular, the spouse can apply for and should receive a residence card. A residence card is not a visa, and does not come under the Immigration Rules.

The problems with a visitor visa are (1) the deception involved in using it to enter - lying to an Immigration Office about the purpose of your visit is a criminal offence, and the implicit deception may be enough to disqualify you from naturalising as British for 10 years; and (2) it is likely to be refused on the ground that you are likely to remain in the UK rather than return. Demonstrable deception may well be involved in the process of application.

nicoleprdes
Newly Registered

Post by nicoleprdes » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this thread for awhile now since I applied for my EEA FP last July 17th. Everything I have read in here are so helpful. Congratulations to everyone who received their Permit and for those who are still waiting (like me) I really really hope it all works out.

I recently got married here in Italy with my boyfriend(now husband) of 2 years last June 10th, 2017. I applied for an EEA FP because I have been offered a job in Birmingham so my husband (Italian EEA national) and I decided to move in UK since I still have my Non EEA Passport thats why I need a permit.

My Job is supposed to starts this coming August 14th, 2017. Unfortunately I still dont have my passport and permit.

I wanted to share my timeline here and ask for any suggestion and help on what I should do.

July 17th - Application Submitted/ Biometrics taken in Rome, Italy.
July 18th - I checked/tracked my application in TLSContact site that my application was received by DMC
tma__application_received_by_dmc_description %s

July 28th - Received an email from ViSAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk ( I assume thats from UKVI) that my application have been received at the UK Decision making Centre.

July 31st - I paid the Email Inquiry to check what is the status since I have a Timeline to catch due the the Job offer that I have.

August 2 - Received an answer to my paid email (very unhelpful) telling me that its still under consideration. So.. That was a bust.

August 3 - Received and email from ViSAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk that my application is not straightforward.

Im aware the it takes 15 days for the processing of the application but since I started reading this thread I have come to know that once you received the not straightforward email that it might/will take longer.

I also checked the processing time that 98% will take 15 days and 100% will take 30 days for Rome, Italy.

I dont know if I should push it by calling them or escalating or complaining or just wait. the waiting has been killing me (and everyone else who is waiting) and knowing that I might lose my job offer because of this is also killing me. :|

Any thoughts? Thank you so much.

VIETY
Newly Registered

Post by VIETY » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:41 pm

nicoleprdes wrote:I also checked the processing time that 98% will take 15 days and 100% will take 30 days for Rome, Italy.
I applied for my FP in Rome back in January 2017 and I was granted after exactly 2 weeks. I am not sure why your case took so long and why it was deemed "not straightforward" case. If it has been referred to Sheffield, it is likely to take much longer. Unfortunately in this case, you can only wait

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Hey guys

I don't know why people are saying the maximum are 90 days for EEA Family Permit, I've checked in website and for me is 120 days!! Here the link:

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... ly-permits

And before says 60 days maximum, what's wrong now? I need wait 120 in spite of I saw 60 days??

Ana

Raheela samar
Newly Registered

Post by Raheela samar » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:04 pm

hi ammara and zuly,
as i reached in uk,know i have to apply for registration card,but i do not from where i will get its form for applying.do you have any idea from where i can buye the form. i have to apply my self and only eea members can apply online.non eea have to submit a form.
1 more question i have 2 daughtrs.their nationality is spanish whats about them.can i apply online or not?

savnmarie
Newly Registered

Post by savnmarie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:16 am

hi guys,I FILED FROM mumbai, im still waiting for a freakin decision made reply AND ITS MORE THAN 65 WORKING DAYS,this is ridiculous how they are playing with peoples lifes and breaking families in the bargain.
first of i would like to know on what grounds can they hold a individuals passport for that long??...is it even legal?? and iam saying it because when i handed over my passport to ukvi or whoever the f##k they are,i had submitted my passport because it said on thier official website that it takes 15 days,now if thier rules have changed in between it is not my fault or neither should it apply to me as i had filed before the brexit rules,
now i have complained to several authorities,but guess it doesnt have any effect on them, so i would like to REQUEST ALL MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM and whoever is waiting for two months or more to come forward and FILE A SIGNED PETITION to the concerned authorities,thanks guys....please LETS DO IT!