ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Health Surcharge refund

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Health Surcharge refund

Post by paradoxical » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:08 pm

I remember reading here a while back that someone got their Health Surcharge refund but I am not able to find the thread where a the contact information is given for applying for refund. I'd like to try my luck.
I paid £600 for my health surcharge when I applied for my Tier 2 extension in July 2015. I got an extension for 3 years, until 26 July 2018. However I have now received my ILR (valid from 18th July 2017). This means that I am not legally required to pay any health surcharge after 18th July 2017 and technically I should be refunded for the period beyond 18th July 2017. A bit of a long shot, but there is no legislation that can support I having to pay health surcharge for the period when I have a settled status and I'd like to try my luck arguing along these lines :)
any pointers/contact email etc. I can make contact please?