ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DennyOlly
Newly Registered

ILR Application

Post by DennyOlly » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi Everyone.

I'm in a tight situation I need your help regarding my ILR (set m) application.

I made the application Feb 8 2017 included all my documents but didn't include my wife's passport, photograph, payslips and bank statements because she travelled at that time and my leave to remain was running out so I had to send my application.

It's now been 5 months since my application, I got a letter on 18 July 2017 requesting for just my wife's passport so as to make a decision, else I may be refused based on the previous documents I sent.

Unfortunately we broke up in April which was 2 months after I sent my application but she didn't call the H/O to let them know our relationship has broken down, while she was away she got pregnant for someone else, came back to the uk to have the baby.
This was what ended our relationship, we haven't started the divorce process but she has made an application for the father of the baby to get his visa into the UK

She says she can't give me her passport because she already has an application at the H/O for her husband.

I said to her it doesn't matter because if it was an issue my caseworker won't send me a letter to bring your passport or her new application to bring her baby daddy would have raised a flag if it was an issue.

I will be eligible for ILR (10 years Long Residence) from 24 august 2017, which is literally a month away.

Please help a brother out, your advices will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:39 pm

How can she be married to you and someone else?

If she is married to you and you are here on a spouse visa, she is not able to sponsor someone else at all for a visa.

You won't get ILR if you have not submitted the documents you were required to send, including her passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DennyOlly
Newly Registered

Post by DennyOlly » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:08 pm

CR001 wrote:How can she be married to you and someone else?

If she is married to you and you are here on a spouse visa, she is not able to sponsor someone else at all for a visa.

You won't get ILR if you have not submitted the documents you were required to send, including her passport.

She is not married to the person yet they only have a child now.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Please can i ask the guru here. Will a photocopy of her passport be sufficent or just the real passport? I have someone with similar situation and he is going through hell now :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Chisomekwu wrote:

Please can i ask the guru here. Will a photocopy of her passport be sufficent or just the real passport? I have someone with similar situation and he is going through hell now :cry:
Please continue in your existing topic you have where you have already been receiving advice. It is considered rude to tag your own questions onto another members topic and it creates confusion when people respond.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-applicat ... l#p1512713
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.