ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chisomekwu
Mood:

ILR Application

Post by Chisomekwu » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:20 am

Good Morning,

Just a quick question on documents needed to applying for ILR on a 5 year route. Mine will be due by September 2017. I understand i need the follwoing but please can you advise if i am missing any

1. Passports for myself and my wife who is British

2. Forms but which one pls SET M? :?:

3. Proof of we living together, i aready have letters from our GP's, bank statements, insurance, utility bills (Gas, Electricity, Water, Sky, Phone etc)

4. Contract from the landlord for our house rent

5. Proof of income (Hers is £40,000) Mine working as self emloyed (£42k +). I pay my taxes but do i need to add my salary or should i just go with her salary as i am her dependant? :?:

6. Life in the UK test already done

7. Proof of English ( I have MBA from a university here in the UK) :D

8. How much does it cost to same day application in person? :shock:

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:16 pm

You need to complete your income details if/where the form asks for it.

Your spouse must attend with you if applying in person.

In person is £2,887.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:57 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to complete your income details if/where the form asks for it.

Your spouse must attend with you if applying in person.

In person is £2,887.

Thanks for the reply. I didnt know i have to attend with my wife since i am planning to apply in person. I will let her know about this. However, is this a new requirement?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Nothing new. If your wife is unable to attend the PSC with you she will have to provide a letter explaining the reasons for her absence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Casa wrote:Nothing new. If your wife is unable to attend the PSC with you she will have to provide a letter explaining the reasons for her absence.
No worries.I really appreaciate your replies.

Thank you so much :mrgreen:

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Casa wrote:Nothing new. If your wife is unable to attend the PSC with you she will have to provide a letter explaining the reasons for her absence.
Please can i ask the guru here. Will a photocopy of a passport be sufficent or just the real passport? I have someone in a wired situation and he is going through hell now. He's seprated from his miss just few months before he applied for ILR. He currently has a photocopy of her passport but he is not sure that will suffice if he send it in. Can u advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Chisomekwu wrote:
Please can i ask the guru here. Will a photocopy of a passport be sufficent or just the real passport? I have someone in a wired situation and he is going through hell now. He's seprated from his miss just few months before he applied for ILR. He currently has a photocopy of her passport but he is not sure that will suffice if he send it in. Can u advise
If your questions is about your 'friend' in the link below, you should post your questions there. This questions has already been answered in the topic below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-applicat ... l#p1513571
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Chisomekwu wrote:
If your questions is about your 'friend' in the link below, you should post your questions there. This questions has already been answered in the topic below.

Yes i know that the question has been answered but just wanted to know i relation to the same thread, is it okay for him to send a photocopy of her passport since he cannot provide the original? Pardon my too many questions

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Chisomekwu wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Chisomekwu wrote:

Yes i know that the question has been answered but just wanted to know i relation to the same thread, is it okay for him to send a photocopy of her passport since he cannot provide the original? Pardon my too many questions
Char (CR001 not Casa)