ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice regarding an American holiday visa / tourist

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MikeMounty
Newly Registered

Advice regarding an American holiday visa / tourist

Post by MikeMounty » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Hi Forum,

I am emailing you today for some advice regarding an American holiday visa for my Personal Healthcare Assistant.

I am going to Hawaii for Christmas and due to my severe disability I require 24/7 healthcare support.

Unfortunately my Personal Healthcare Assistant has a criminal record, due to a small offence committed when he was younger.

When applying for an American holiday visa online there is a section where you can choose what crime it falls under. However on the application there is not a definitive category that he falls under.

I have tried to ask the American embassy for advice regarding which option would best fit my personal healthcare assistant but they have responded to me; to answer the question to the best of knowledge. This was not very helpful at all.

I do not want to select the wrong option and therefore submit an incorrect visa.

If you believe a consultation would be the best way forward please can you recommend some legitimate services.

Kind regards,

MM

milspectees
United States of America

Re: Advice regarding an American holiday visa / tourist

Post by milspectees » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:00 pm

No matter what they tell you, a visa service won't be able to help you, they have no influence at all over U.S. visas being issued. A British passport holder who has a conviction (or has even been arrested and not charged) cannot travel on the ESTA system. They need a B1/B2 visa. There is no way of knowing if the visa will be granted unless you apply. The chances are if they were a minor and it was a long time ago and it wasn't a crime of moral turpitude, it will be issued. If not, then it will require a State Department waiver which can take 6 months to get.