ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REQUIREMENTS FOR ILR -TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR-FIVE YEAR ROUTE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tm231
Newly Registered

REQUIREMENTS FOR ILR -TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR-FIVE YEAR ROUTE

Post by tm231 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:13 am

Hello Zimba88 and other gurus,

ILR REQUIREMENTS (PRE- APRIL 2014 APPLICANTS)
My ILR will be due in couple of months time. I am on Tier 1 entrepreneur 5yrs route (Pre- April 2014)
To ensure I do omit any of the requirements, I have compiled a list of documents that I intend to submit.
I would appreciate if the gurus can check and advise if any important document/s is omitted in my list.

REQUIREMENTS FOR ILR -TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR-FIVE YEAR ROUTE (PRE- APRIL 2014 TRANSITIONAL)
General requirements for ILR
a. Self employed and actively trading and intend to continue in genuine business
b. Created two full time jobs for at least 12 months (combination of jobs, making full time for 24months)
c. Pass life in the UK test
d. Meet English language requirements
e. Live in the UK legally for 5 years and have spent less than 180 days for each year during the five years period counting backyard.
f. Do no fall for refusal under general grounds

Personal Documents to be submitted
a. Application form (ILR)
b. Life in the UK test certificate (just certificate number is fine per current requirements)
c. English language qualification (Degree, Master Degree or PhD)
d. Personal/Joint bank statement (with funds held for 90days )- £945 for main applicant(in-country) and £630 for each dependent (in-country)
e. Six Months Business Bank statement

Business
a. Tax return for the whole period from 2012 till date
b. SA 302 tax calculation and tax overview for the whole five years
c. Business account statement (2years)
d. Letter from Bank, stating I am the sole signatory, and confirming the business account is with them from ...... date and that it currently has ...........

Employees
a. Account letter confirming net creation of jobs (24 months of full time employment). Start date for each employee to be stated in the letter and RTI to be reference in the accountant letter and included in Appendix section)
b. FPS & RTI submission (all to be signed)
c. Employee status documents & wage slips (all to be signed)
i. Employee passport (signed)
ii. Employee payslips for the whole period (signed)
iii. P60 for employee
iv. Employee payment history Report
v. P35 & P11 for employee/P46

Investment
a. Unaudited accounts for 2years (done in one document)
b. Cover letter from accountant confirming investment of more than £50k in the business. And stating time period when the investment was made.

Additional documents (discretional)
Detailed education and career history
Detailed immigration history
Details of business activity after extension prior to ILR and business continuity plan for the future.
Letters from partners confirming the business is genuine and they do business with us

marcnath

Re: REQUIREMENTS FOR ILR -TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR-FIVE YEAR ROUT

Post by marcnath » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:50 pm

REQUIREMENTS FOR ILR -TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR-FIVE YEAR ROUTE (PRE- APRIL 2014 TRANSITIONAL)
General requirements for ILR - OK
a. Self employed and actively trading and intend to continue in genuine business
b. Created two full time jobs for at least 12 months (combination of jobs, making full time for 24months)
c. Pass life in the UK test
d. Meet English language requirements
e. Live in the UK legally for 5 years and have spent less than 180 days for each year during the five years period counting backyard.
f. Do no fall for refusal under general grounds

Personal Documents to be submitted
a. Application form (ILR) - OK
b. Life in the UK test certificate (just certificate number is fine per current requirements) - No. You need the actual original certificate
c. English language qualification (Degree, Master Degree or PhD) - Evidence not needed since you were Tier 1 before
d. Personal/Joint bank statement (with funds held for 90days )- £945 for main applicant(in-country) and £630 for each dependent (in-country) - Not applicable
e. Six Months Business Bank statement - Not needed

Business - Not needed since investment points would have been awarded during extension
a. Tax return for the whole period from 2012 till date
b. SA 302 tax calculation and tax overview for the whole five years
c. Business account statement (2years)
d. Letter from Bank, stating I am the sole signatory, and confirming the business account is with them from ...... date and that it currently has ...........

Employees
a. Account letter confirming net creation of jobs (24 months of full time employment). Start date for each employee to be stated in the letter and RTI to be reference in the accountant letter and included in Appendix section)- Not needed unless you joined or took over a business
b. FPS & RTI submission (all to be signed) OK
c. Employee status documents & wage slips (all to be signed) OK
i. Employee passport (signed) OK
ii. Employee payslips for the whole period (signed) OK
iii. P60 for employee - Not needed
iv. Employee payment history Report - Not needed
v. P35 & P11 for employee/P46 - Not needed

Investment - Not needed since investment points already done in extension
a. Unaudited accounts for 2years (done in one document)
b. Cover letter from accountant confirming investment of more than £50k in the business. And stating time period when the investment was made.

Additional documents (discretional)
Detailed education and career history
Detailed immigration history
Details of business activity after extension prior to ILR and business continuity plan for the future.
Letters from partners confirming the business is genuine and they do business with us

- Cohabitation evidence
- evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds.

Have a look at uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/an-example ... 34487.html
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tm231
Newly Registered

Post by tm231 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:25 pm

Thank you very much Marcnath for the extensive review and amendments

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Sending Unnecessary documents is not recommended. I got my initial TIER 1 within 3 weeks or so and extension application is submitted since 4 months( few extra unnecessary bank statements) :oops:

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:33 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:Sending Unnecessary documents is not recommended. I got my initial TIER 1 within 3 weeks or so and extension application is submitted since 4 months( few extra unnecessary bank statements) :oops:
Agreed - I got my extension and ILR in about 8 weeks. Only used the minimum needed documents.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:03 pm

I would say keep it to the point without unnecessary documents.
And include a good covering letter.