ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absences - Date discrepancy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier2genmisery

ILR Absences - Date discrepancy

Post by tier2genmisery » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:29 am

I'm providing a separate sheet with my ILR SET O application listing all absences form the UK based on the time/date when I passed the UK border at the airport.
But there are a few cases which are very difficult to explain to HO.
For example:
Employer letter says I'm on paid leave on 29/11/2012 - My own absence sheet says I was absent from the UK from 29/11/2016 (I took a late flight departing at 11pm and I was at work during the day) and the flight landed in my home country the following day so my passport got stamped on entering my home country on 30/11/2012

So there is a conflict between my employers letter and my letter and there is a conflict between my letter and the entry stamp on my passport... :(

There is no stamp for leaving the UK from Heathrow Airport. Does HO somehow have a record of this?

I cannot prove this because I don't have plane tickets anywhere at all - My application is tomorrow.
What would you suggest?

Thanks

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR Absences - Date discrepancy

Post by paradoxical » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:07 am

Put the date when you actually left UK. It is common sense that you might arrive on a later date if you fly east. Quit worrying, it's a non issue and if everything else is fine, you will get your Ilr approval on the day :)

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:36 am

I'm not sure how there's a discrepancy between the employer's record and your own in the example? I always take the day of travel off as annual leave so I don't have to go to work, even if my flight is a late one...

Or did you mean your employer's record shows you to be at work on the day of departure, since you left after work? I think there's a typo in your message. :)

Re landing date - wouldn't worry about it as late flights are common.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:39 am

Akorotaeva wrote:I'm not sure how there's a discrepancy between the employer's record and your own in the example? I always take the day of travel off as annual leave so I don't have to go to work, even if my flight is a late one...

Or did you mean your employer's record shows you to be at work on the day of departure, since you left after work? I think there's a typo in your message. :)

Re landing date - wouldn't worry about it as late flights are common.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say.. too nervous - don't know what I'm typing anymore..

Basically employer letter doesn't show me on holiday on that day because I wasn't.
I only left the country late in the evening.

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:09 pm

Remember, only full days out of the country need to be accounted for. The days of departure and arrival are not counted towards the 180 day limit and, on my reading, don't need to be explained. I suppose this could be precisely because people may leave late in the evening after work.

Prepare a letter of explanation if you're worried. Maybe find the same flight details online and print them out. Just in case they ask for it and you want to be extra safe.

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:45 pm

I realised I'm a similar situation: I left on a Sunday evening and as that wasn't a working day, it doesn't appear on my employer's letter under annual leave.

I have a letter confirming my working pattern as Monday to Friday.

Did your appointment go okay?

Could anyone put my mind at ease?