ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Letter not yet received after 2mths of application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Inspiration
Newly Registered

Biometric Letter not yet received after 2mths of application

Post by Inspiration » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:47 pm

Hello

My application reached HO on 12/05/2017 and the application fee and passport fee were taken on 24/05/17 and 30/05/17 respectively. I received the acknowledgment letter for my application dated 24/05/17 and that was it. I have waited impatiently for 2 months now and I am yet to receive my biometric letter.
Could you please advise me on what may be the problem or what I have to do? Thanks

funkeq
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric Letter not yet received after 2mths of applica

Post by funkeq » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:06 pm

Inspiration wrote:Hello

My application reached HO on 12/05/2017 and the application fee and passport fee were taken on 24/05/17 and 30/05/17 respectively. I received the acknowledgment letter for my application dated 24/05/17 and that was it. I have waited impatiently for 2 months now and I am yet to receive my biometric letter.
Could you please advise me on what may be the problem or what I have to do? Thanks
I will advise you to write a letter and send it to the same address your application was sent to. I got my biometric letter after 3 months. Send them email as well. I applied 18 of April and I got my biometric letter on 21th of July.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:06 pm

Inspiration
Newly Registered

Post by Inspiration » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:44 pm

funkeq wrote:
Inspiration wrote:Hello

I will advise you to write a letter and send it to the same address your application was sent to. I got my biometric letter after 3 months. Send them email as well. I applied 18 of April and I got my biometric letter on 21th of July.
Thank you for your advice, I had sent a message to 'nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' on 13/07/17 which is meant to be the email I should use for any enquiries regarding my application as stated on the acknowledgement. I got an acknowledgement email back saying I will not receive a reply and I have not received a reply up until now. I will take your advice and write HO. Many thanks

Inspiration
Newly Registered

Post by Inspiration » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:02 pm

Many thanks. I will give it a go and let you know if I get lucky.

Inspiration
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric Letter not yet received after 2mths of application

Post by Inspiration » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:50 pm

@plabo, thank you for the email. I sent them an email on 31st July and they got back to me on 12th August saying they already sent the biometric letter at the time of sending the acknowledgement letter and that they also sent anther one in June. They asked me to send my address which I did right away within a few minutes. It got me thinking, did they not check my application form while sending my biometric letter? but I realised they have probably sent the two letters to my previous address as I changed address the following month of getting ILR.
I got lucky, my biometric letter arrived on 26th August and I got it done within the same hour of receipt.

Inspiration
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric Letter not yet received after 2mths of application

Post by Inspiration » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:57 pm

@funkeq, Many thanks.