ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent / partner of entrepreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vvktse
Newly Registered

Dependent / partner of entrepreneur

Post by vvktse » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:51 am

My partner is applying for Tier 1 (E) visa
I am his unmarried partner.
The money all held under his bank account.
Which one is better for me, as a dependent or partner of entrepreneur?
If I am his dependent, how to prove we are unmarried partner?
Do I need to qualify the english language requirement as a dependent?

marcnath

Re: Dependent / partner of entrepreneur

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:42 am

vvktse wrote:My partner is applying for Tier 1 (E) visa
I am his unmarried partner.
The money all held under his bank account.
Where are you applying from ? I assume it is from outside UK.

As to which one is better depends on what you intend to do. Are you going to be a dependent or an active entrepreneurial partner ? Both the conditions of grant and conditions of stay are different depending on which you choose.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:30 am

As PBS dependant you can work in the UK without restrictions. You also have no English language requirement to get a visa
As Tier 1E entrepreneurial team member you need to work for the your own business only and have restrictions. You also need to show investment during the time of extension. However if your relationship fails, you can still remain in the UK and follow the Tier 1E path on your own if your are a team member instead of a PBS dependant.
You need to show proof of cohabitation, demonstrating that you were living together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least two years
No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

grreg

Post by grreg » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi Zimba88. My partner is here as a Tier 1 Dependant and I am on an Entrepreneur visa. Her BRP states 'Restricted Work'. That contradicts what you stated above - are you sure, or could there be an error on her BRP?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 pm

grreg wrote:Hi Zimba88. My partner is here as a Tier 1 Dependant and I am on an Entrepreneur visa. Her BRP states 'Restricted Work'. That contradicts what you stated above - are you sure, or could there be an error on her BRP?
There would be additional info below the Restricted work - generally not as a Doctor or Dentist.
But that is a very small restriction.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:05 am

grreg wrote:Hi Zimba88. My partner is here as a Tier 1 Dependant and I am on an Entrepreneur visa. Her BRP states 'Restricted Work'. That contradicts what you stated above - are you sure, or could there be an error on her BRP?
The right to work in the UK in any job, at any skill level, except as a Doctor or Dentist in training
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

grreg

Post by grreg » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:17 pm

You are correct. I checked my wifes BRP and it is as you stated.
I learn something every time I visit this forum.
However, they seem to be inconsistent as one of my children has no work restrictions while the other has a restriction on work as a sportsperson.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:39 am

No recourse to public funds,
Registration with the police, if this is required by paragraph 326 of the Immigration Rules
No employment as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach)
No Employment as a Doctor or Dentist in Training

Please read the full conditions of stay in PBS dependant guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2017.pdf