ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake in claiming points in application form

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zamaha
Member of Standing

Mistake in claiming points in application form

Post by zamaha » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:00 pm

Hello dear members.
I appreciate if someone who had the same experience can help me.
I had applied in Aug had interview in Oct and since no news from HO.

My lawyer made a mistake in my application form. This is my intial application switch from graduate ent.
Although I have transferred all the money from my personal acc to business acc and prepared director loan and it is shown in annual account, the lawyer did not claim any points for investment!!! And although all the money is in business account (since 90 days before application date), he ticked the box that the money is in the personal account!!!!!!!

What can I do now?!!!
Guidance said if the money as the fresh investment is kept in business account, to prove we need to provide a letter from bank to confirm the min balance in last 90 days and bank statement is not enough but I could not get that letter; so I prepared all director loan documents instead and sent both personal and business statements. So now, am I getting any points?!!!

Please help me if you know there is a way to undo the problem?

noajthan

Re: Mistake in claiming points in application form

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Unfortunate you didn't check at the time as you are responsible for completeness and accuracy of your application.

Probably too late to write to caseworker.
You may just have to wait for the outcome.

Suggest dispose of services of that lawyer and request a refund for services rendered.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:47 pm

noajthan wrote:Unfortunate you didn't check at the time as you are responsible for completeness and accuracy of your application.

Probably too late to write to caseworker.
You may just have to wait for the outcome.

Suggest dispose of services of that lawyer and request a refund for services rendered.
Thanks dear
I asked them to give me the application and cover letter to check but they were soo offended and told me we can not let you make a mess! It is our job! By that time it was late to change lawyer and they were so nice at first.

How can I end the contract with them and ask for refund?!
Their name is in my application form?

Do you think it is gonna impact the result of my application?
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:54 pm

zamaha wrote:Thanks dear
I asked them to give me the application and cover letter to check but they were so offended and told me we can not let you make a mess! It is our job! By that time it was late to change lawyer and they were so nice at first.

How can I end the contract with them and ask for refund?!
Their name is in my application form?

Do you think it is gonna impact the result of my application?
Thanks
That's a civil matter to discuss with the concerned law firm.

If you get a caseworker with a bit of gumption she may figure out what's going on in your application and credit you despite your lawyer's error.
Noone can really say, its just a case of wait and see.

Ujalasahar123
Newly Registered

Post by Ujalasahar123 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Pm me ur details and will take it from thr....

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Ujalasahar123 wrote:Pm me ur details and will take it from thr....
Neither of you has yet earned the right to enjoy Board PM feature by proving your bona fide credentials.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/announ ... 99998.html

Post in public to avoid scammers and so that all who are interested may contribute, validate and benefit.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:02 pm

You can either claim you have access to the money OR you can directly claim it as investment (DL, accounts, etc)
It seems you are confused yourself and d not know what are you even trying to claim points for, personal access to money or already invested ! :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:13 pm

Ujalasahar123 wrote:Pm me ur details and will take it from thr....
Sorry. I am a new member, cannot send or receive any pm. Could u plz help me here.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:25 pm

zimba88 wrote:You can either claim you have access to the money OR you can directly claim it as investment (DL, accounts, etc)
It seems you are confused yourself and d not know what are you even trying to claim points for, personal access to money or already invested ! :?

Dear Zimba
It is an initial application. As my business needs omngoing equipment and expences, I transferred all the money as director loan. But as the lawyer told me, it is safer to show the source of money or keep the money for 90 days. I transferred £k40 and kept that for 90 days, the other £k10, I transferred later and provided all third party documents for that. And write a DL agreement for whole £k50 dated before first transaction.
As I could not get the letter from bank that mentioned the min balance in last 90 days, I only wanted to claim points for investment and consequently, prepared the documents that shows I have invested in UK business.

Now, the lawyer claimed points for fresh investment and surprisingly, claimed the money is in personal bank account?

What can I do now?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:18 pm

as long as the document are good there is chance that the errors on the form will be ignored. If you correctly provided all the evidence for the funds as per requirement, I believe the case worker will give you the points
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zamaha
Member of Standing

Sending doc while app in process, how to ensure CW receive i

Post by zamaha » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi dear members
I finally have sent the amendments regarding the mistake in application form with a new cover letter. My application has been in process since Aug last year!!!
I also changed my representative and he filled the online form.

Today, I was on phone for more than an hour calling UKVA but noone answered. How I can ensure the letter has been reached to caseworker and is linked with my application?

It has been a year and no communication since Oct. I am thinking of contacting with our MP but first I want to make sure they got our letter?

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:51 pm

how did you apply 3rd party funding in £50,000
category last year? this option was removed years back as far as i know

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:57 pm

What do you mean? It is clearly written in guidance that the money can be from third party as well and there is no exception about that. Although, I have transferred all the money as the director loan to business acc.
Do you know how I can realize the caseworker got the letter?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:07 pm

zamaha wrote:What do you mean? It is clearly written in guidance that the money can be from third party as well and there is no exception about that. Although, I have transferred all the money as the director loan to business acc.
There is no way to know that.

I assume you had tracked delivery. And once it is delivered, you just have to assume it gets to the caseworker in a few days.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:10 pm

marcnath wrote:
zamaha wrote:What do you mean? It is clearly written in guidance that the money can be from third party as well and there is no exception about that. Although, I have transferred all the money as the director loan to business acc.

I assume you had tracked delivery. And once it is delivered, you just have to assume it gets to the caseworker in a few days.
Yes, it was delivered last Monday. But not sure about received by CW :(

NippyApp
Newly Registered

Post by NippyApp » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:18 am

zamaha wrote:
marcnath wrote:

Yes, it was delivered last Monday. But not sure about received by CW :(
I will advise you prayerfully wait a while, say 2 weeks, as you've been waiting for almost a year and they involve an MP. You're running a business and if they don't intervene your business may go under.

But they key thing is doing so prayerfully.

All the best.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Contacting MP

Post by zamaha » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:24 am

Hello dear members
I have decided to contact my MP as it has been a year since sending the application.
I have no idea what should I tell the MP.
Only briefly ask for the help?
Or completely explain the business and the problem about application form?
Or even more detailed and talk about how this long waiting affects me and my family and my business?

Please answer me if you have any experience or idea.
Thanks

zamaha
Member of Standing

contact MP

Post by zamaha » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Is there anybody to help me plz?

grreg

Post by grreg » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:56 pm

I suggest you just ring your local MPs office and discuss it on the phone with their staff.
That is what I did and it became very clear during the call that MPs get a lot of calls from people with immigration issues.
The office manager I spoke with took down all the pertinent details about our situation and drafted a letter from the MP for me to review.
It was all very easy in the end. They clearly do this a lot.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:31 am

grreg wrote:I suggest you just ring your local MPs office and discuss it on the phone with their staff.
That is what I did and it became very clear during the call that MPs get a lot of calls from people with immigration issues.
The office manager I spoke with took down all the pertinent details about our situation and drafted a letter from the MP for me to review.
It was all very easy in the end. They clearly do this a lot.
Thanks dear. It really helped. Can I ask you how long after you cantacted with your MP, you have got the result? And for how long have you been waiting?

grreg

Post by grreg » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:52 am

Our situation was different to yours.
In the end we used the AR process to get a successful result.
So I can't really tell you about time frames from my experience.

zamaha
Member of Standing

waiting a call from ho

Post by zamaha » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:27 am

Hi dear members
As you can see in my other posts, I applied in Aug 2016 and interviewed in Oct.
2 weeks ago, I called ho to ask for an update, they told me it is still undecided and somebody gonna call you or email you in 3-5 days. Last week I had a miss call from a mobile no.
Today, I called them again. They did not say if the application is decided or not but told me they called and I did not answer but they did not leave any message. Told me they are gonna call me back? Do you know what this is about? After a year, are they gonna need more documents or just want to tell me to wait more?