ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ribena

Re: Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Post by ribena » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:49 am

citizzzen wrote:Guys,

I know this is a timeline thread but this is an urgent question and expertise and advice is highly required and would be very much appreciated.

An EEA applied and a non-EEA have applied for a PR as a joint application on 17th July. Now due to urgent circumstances(sever illness of one of the parents) the non-EEA person has to request the passport back to go and see mother in law(perhaps last time :( . I still have a valid till mid of Sep Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National.

Would it be possible to pause the application and request the passport back for a very short term? What is the process of that?

Thanks in advance
Hi citizzzen

Use this link to request for your passport/s. https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

You don't need to pause the application.

Make sure you choose 'NO' when you get to the question : Do you want to withdraw the application?

Time can vary when you'll get your passport back. Good luck

vilsonrjunior
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by vilsonrjunior » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:59 am

GabriellaG wrote:Hi All,
What is the quickest processing time anyone has heard of for non-EU applying for PR. I have a pretty straight forward case after getting my Retained Right of Residence after divorce. Have no employment gaps and have provided all information asked of me. Hoping and praying it is not the full 6 months!!
A non-EEA friend of mine applied in the beginning of March and got her PR card mid-July..so all in all just under 3.5 months.

Carlosmiranda
Portugal

Post by Carlosmiranda » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Hello everyone. Me eea and my wife non eea applied for pr together on 1st march 2017. And we got my wife pr letter and all the documents today by post. I have been in this country since 1996 . I haven't received any letter about pr yet only my documents came back with my wife pr letter . My wife applied after 5 years of marriage . A very very thankful to this form and all the gurus who helped me a lot with our applications because lawyer told me that my wife can't apply pr after date of marriage, she will be eligible after rc expiry date. But gurus told me to go ahead and to apply for her pr. So a huge thanks to all of you guys. And the whole process took exactly 5 months. Thanks again.

citizzzen
Newly Registered

Post by citizzzen » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:55 pm

ribena wrote:
citizzzen wrote:Guys,

I know this is a timeline thread but this is an urgent question and expertise and advice is highly required and would be very much appreciated.

An EEA applied and a non-EEA have applied for a PR as a joint application on 17th July. Now due to urgent circumstances(sever illness of one of the parents) the non-EEA person has to request the passport back to go and see mother in law(perhaps last time :( . I still have a valid till mid of Sep Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National.

Would it be possible to pause the application and request the passport back for a very short term? What is the process of that?

Thanks in advance
Hi citizzzen

Use this link to request for your passport/s. https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

You don't need to pause the application.

Make sure you choose 'NO' when you get to the question : Do you want to withdraw the application?

Time can vary when you'll get your passport back. Good luck
Thanks Ribena. Appreciate your reply. Just requested the passport back. Fingers crossed I'll get it back soon

JMMM
Newly Registered

Post by JMMM » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I am non-EEA applying for PR As a Spouse of a qualified worker (Italian) my timeline is is:

Application submitted - 08/06/2017
Application received - 9/06/2017
Email confirmation with case ID received - 17/07/2017
Biometric letter received - 19/07/2017 (dated 17/07/17)
Biometric submitted - 22/07/2017
COA received - ???

I'm getting a little bit worried because I haven't received my COA. Today it's the10th working day since I did my biometrics and nothing has arrived to my mail. Does anyone have the email contact to he home office to ask about this situation?

I've seen that people get their COA like 3 or 4 days after they do theyir biometrics

Thank you!

arunarchery

Post by arunarchery » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:06 pm

JMMM wrote:Hi everyone,

I am non-EEA applying for PR As a Spouse of a qualified worker (Italian) my timeline is is:

Application submitted - 08/06/2017
Application received - 9/06/2017
Email confirmation with case ID received - 17/07/2017
Biometric letter received - 19/07/2017 (dated 17/07/17)
Biometric submitted - 22/07/2017
COA received - ???

I'm getting a little bit worried because I haven't received my COA. Today it's the10th working day since I did my biometrics and nothing has arrived to my mail. Does anyone have the email contact to he home office to ask about this situation?

I've seen that people get their COA like 3 or 4 days after they do theyir biometrics

Thank you!
Just wait 1 more week you will get soon

Crentsil03

Post by Crentsil03 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:34 pm

I enrolled biometric on 03/07
COA on 19/07 ( dated on 16/07)
So don't worry it wil come soon.

JMMM
Newly Registered

Post by JMMM » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Crentsil03 wrote:I enrolled biometric on 03/07
COA on 19/07 ( dated on 16/07)
So don't worry it wil come soon.
Wow! That was fast! You applied in July and already got you COA? That's amazing! Well , I think I'll just wait another week hopefully

Thank you

Crentsil03

Post by Crentsil03 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:26 pm

I applied on 09/05

Danlieb

Post by Danlieb » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi,

I came home from work to find a DX card in the letterbox. I've arranged for redelivery on Mon at my workplace. Is DX reliable? I wish I wasn't left hanging over the weekend.

I've also been using my PRN number to check my online status and it still says AWAITING DECISION (21 April). I tried using my Case ID in the past, but it wasn't recognised. However, when I tried it today, it said DECIDED (31 July). So just a heads-up to anyone expecting an outcome, not to forget to use your Case ID as well.

Anyway, here's my timeline:

Non-EEA + EEA PR application

Application sent: 11/02/17
Application received: 14/02/17
Payment taken: 17/02/17
Confirmation email: 28/02/17
Biometrics letter: 02/03/17
Biometrics sent: 03/03/17
COA: 09/03/17
DX card received: 05/08/17

Wish me luck!

Danlieb

Post by Danlieb » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:19 am

just a quick question

Is the Non-EEA PR Card a biometric vignette on your passport or a proper biometric card?

What about the EEA PR document? Is the DCPR a piece of paper?

I've read that DX deliveries are usually Biometric cards. Is this true? Could it be a rejection?
And Royal Mail deliveries are approval/rejection letters, passports & documents.

I'm trying to calm my nerves vis-a-vis this DX card left in my letterbox on Friday (see below). I don't even know if they'll deliver it on Monday as rescheduled online yesterday when I got the card.

Your thoughts?
Danlieb wrote:Hi,

I came home from work to find a DX card in the letterbox. I've arranged for redelivery on Mon at my workplace. Is DX reliable? I wish I wasn't left hanging over the weekend.

I've also been using my PRN number to check my online status and it still says AWAITING DECISION (21 April). I tried using my Case ID in the past, but it wasn't recognised. However, when I tried it today, it said DECIDED (31 July). So just a heads-up to anyone expecting an outcome, not to forget to use your Case ID as well.

Anyway, here's my timeline:

Wish me luck!

Danlieb

Post by Danlieb » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:30 am

All good! I got my Royal Mail package just now with passports, docs, EEA DCPR, Non-EEA Letter. Just waiting to collect BRP from DX.

My time line below.

DCPR + docs + Passport + Non-EEA Letter: 06/08/17

Thanks to everyone sharing information and offering encouragement on this forum. I wish everyone else waiting for good news all the best with their application.

Below: just some notes about our application I'd like to share:

We arrived in the UK in Oct 2011. I (Non-EEA) started my job immediately (that was the main reason for us moving here) but my EEA wife was unemployed for 4 months. So we thought it would be better to have our qualifying period start from Feb 2012 to Jan 2017. However, my wife got her PR from Oct 2016 (not Feb 2017) but my non-EEA PR is from Feb 2017.

In addition to the 4 months unemployment (not included in application), for the first 5 months of the qualifying period, my wife was only earning around £200 a month as she was working part-time. So this was below the NI threshold. We didn't have CSI for this period as we didn't know about it. So we couldn't put her status down as self-sufficient. We put down two statuses for this period: Worker + Job Seeker. I wrote a cover letter saying I (Non-EEA family member) was the main breadwinner and I was supporting my EEA spouse (main applicant). We provided both our bank statements for this period and highlighted on my bank statements all the transactions for the bills I was paying. I also provided my payslips for this period as further evidence. In addition, we provided all the prospective emails, job applications, invitation and rejection letters during this 5-month period. She didn't register with JobCentre Plus because of the nature of her work (which we explained in the cover letter). I just thought this might interest some of you who may be in this position. We wrote 2 cover letters. My wife's was 2 pages, while mine was 1.

I am happy to answer any questions pertaining to my application.

Again all the best with yours and God bless.

Pizzahut
Newly Registered

Post by Pizzahut » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:44 pm

hi...i applied EEA EFM 22 june 2016
Biometric done in the first week of September
Receive COA 13th of September with right to work after COA i haven't heard anything from HO till April. From april i try to contact HO office butt never get a response from them.in the second week of july i check my application status online showing decided on 18th of January before july it was showing Reference number not recognised. on 23 july 2017 i complaints to home Office and to MY local MP as well .i receive reply from MP on 25th july stating that "I am in contact with HO and will get back to you soon"
on 3rd of August i receive a call from HO ,She said we already send my documents back on 19th of January, she gave me TRACKING NUMBER as well i checked on Royal mail website it's showing my documents delivered on 20th of January 2017 but delivered to wrong address .Actually they deliverd to my solicitor previous office he changed his office in december and wrote a letter to HO about new address. HO office people didn't update in their Record and they send my documents to wrong Address.My solicitor is out of country now. i don't know what's my status now? if the person who received my documents and If he RTS that documents then how can i get that back? Any help would be highly appreciate.

Pizzahut
Newly Registered

Post by Pizzahut » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:00 pm

how do i know that my application was successful. ? They sent through Royal mail does it mean they sent my application and documents back only not RESIDENCE card ? DO They send application and BRP in the same post. ? Sorry i know it's a time line Thread only butt i am very frustrated now with all this.Sorry again

Koko5050
Newly Registered

Post by Koko5050 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi Daniel pleased how do you check the application online (PRN) and please what is PRN and which website please my application almost six months now thx.

vpalma
Newly Registered

Post by vpalma » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:49 pm

In need of advice:

I have applied for my Pr as a direct family member of an EEA national with Permanent status.
My wife got her PR document last year.
Due to delays and errors of the Home Office, upon my residence card expiring on 19/07, I have been suspended without pay for two weeks and had my contract of employment terminated this week.

My timeline:

Non-EEA direct family member of an EEA with PR

Application sent: 27/05/17
Application received: 30/05/17
Payment taken: 31/05/17
Confirmation email: 12/07/17
Bio-metrics letter: 14/07/17 dated 11/07/2018 with error in tille:
Emails reporting error and requesting another letter sent to eurobiometrics: 14/07 - 21/07 - 28/7 - 03/07
Resident card expired 19/07 - Suspended without pay from employer until further evidence of right to work in the UK
02/08/2017 Notice of employment termination from employer stating Without acceptable right to work documentation could not extend unpaid suspension as I'd have failed to provide us with a valid up to date visa.
Email send to Home Office complains 03/08/2017
Replacement bio-metrics enrollment letter received: 05/08/2017 dated 03/08/2017
Bio-metrics sent: 05/08/17
COA: No coa to present date

Is there anything I can do to get my rights recognized and claim unfair suspension and unfair dismissal?

Thank you

iz1
Nigeria

Post by iz1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:58 pm

vpalma wrote:In need of advice:

I have applied for my Pr as a direct family member of an EEA national with Permanent status.
My wife got her PR document last year.
Due to delays and errors of the Home Office, upon my residence card expiring on 19/07, I have been suspended without pay for two weeks and had my contract of employment terminated this week.

My timeline:

Non-EEA direct family member of an EEA with PR

Application sent: 27/05/17
Application received: 30/05/17
Payment taken: 31/05/17
Confirmation email: 12/07/17
Bio-metrics letter: 14/07/17 dated 11/07/2018 with error in tille:
Emails reporting error and requesting another letter sent to eurobiometrics: 14/07 - 21/07 - 28/7 - 03/07
Resident card expired 19/07 - Suspended without pay from employer until further evidence of right to work in the UK
02/08/2017 Notice of employment termination from employer stating Without acceptable right to work documentation could not extend unpaid suspension as I'd have failed to provide us with a valid up to date visa.
Email send to Home Office complains 03/08/2017
Replacement bio-metrics enrollment letter received: 05/08/2017 dated 03/08/2017
Bio-metrics sent: 05/08/17
COA: No coa to present date

Is there anything I can do to get my rights recognized and claim unfair suspension and unfair dismissal?

Thank you
Hi, there is really nothing you can do, you might receive the COA next week or the week after. Just call your employer afterwards to let them know. They should be able to take you back.

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:09 am

Pizzahut wrote:how do i know that my application was successful. ? They sent through Royal mail does it mean they sent my application and documents back only not RESIDENCE card ? DO They send application and BRP in the same post. ? Sorry i know it's a time line Thread only butt i am very frustrated now with all this.Sorry again
Im sorry to inform that my experience is that you are in for a very difficult time. This is identical to what happened to my friend. His solicitor too changed location, and the documents were addressed to the old address. The problem is very often Postmen drop the documents at the address without taking a signature. This case the tracking showed it was delivered. HO refused to take any responsibility and so did the solicitor. Why people are careless to put the solicitor's address for delivery I dont know, unless they are in constant fear of having to move residence for various reasons.
The bottom line is he had to apply for a duplicate passport and reapply. Why u waited so many months beyond 6 months is another question you have to answer to yourself.
The whole process took my friend abut 8 months. The passport took a lot of time to come because the country sends an query to the ministry back home and await a reply which takes 2 months. Then the process all over again which if approved does not take long but the hassles of going through the process is terrible

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:15 am

Im sorry to add that many do not return the documents to sender but let it pile at the front door till cleaners take it away with the rubbish. It would have come to you by now if it was still available. Now apparently all documents you provided are lost and to rebuild the portfolio is going to take a lot of time and effort. I wish you luck.

billy75
Newly Registered

Post by billy75 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Good afternoon everyone,just a quick question please,if you are re-applying for PR as a non eea applicant after refusal,do you have to do biometric enrollment again and can a non eea national who has retain right after divorce use the European passport return services.many thanks.

ladytan382
Newly Registered

Post by ladytan382 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:04 am

Applied 19 July 2017
Application Received 20 July
Payment Taken same day as I applied online
Waiting waiting waiting

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:25 am

Ha ha Lady Tan!! Its been 2 weeks and you are already frustrated. Imagine those like me who have waited for 4 months and then have been refused and have to go through the whole process all over again. How can the HO expect people to save payslips and P45/60 for 5 years plus? People move residences and clear out ~"~junk" but the trash you throw out seems to be "treasures" thrown away.

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:29 am

The sad part of their requirements is that all the employment history is available with HMRC. They are all connected and accessible to the department. I presume they do verify but yet they want us to provide the evidence. Its easy to fake payslips (many accountants provide it for a fee) and submit an application. Those of course are caught and refused. Why does HO want us to go through so much difficulty? I guess because they dont want us here!!!!

Pizzahut
Newly Registered

Post by Pizzahut » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:45 am

Thanks Ajitk1 for your. Much appreciate..my passport was expire din last December but they decided on my case in January. what you think they send it to me or not? and what about residence card they send separately or in same post? they put stickr on passport or send RESIDENCE card like a driving licence. ?

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Pizzahut wrote:Thanks Ajitk1 for your. Much appreciate..my passport was expire din last December but they decided on my case in January. what you think they send it to me or not? and what about residence card they send separately or in same post? they put stickr on passport or send RESIDENCE card like a driving licence. ?
If your case was decided and they have already confirmed so, and have confirmed even the date of delivery, ALL your documents have been sent to the address provided. If you are an EU national you get a blue card with a sticker that confirms PR. It will be included in the package with all your submitted docs. If you are a non EU you are sent separately a credit card like card in the post. Now if the documents were RTS the HO would have a record of it. If not then it was delivered to someone at that address and is lost forever. If you want to reconfirm, you can go to that address and ask if the package is lying around. Almost nobody will keep a package for 8 months when it does not belong to them, but there is no harm trying. Without mean to sound dreadful, the fact is your documents including passport is lost and you will have to get a new passport. HO may confirm if the application was approved and provide you with a duplicate PR card.