ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 5 year ILR - new questionnaire

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajesh413
Newly Registered

Tier 1 5 year ILR - new questionnaire

Post by rajesh413 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:19 am

Dear All,

My successful experience with ILR application in Croydon HO.

I submitted my ILR application in Croydon on May 17 2017. With Limited Company and Tier 1 I was advised to take solicitor help which I did and found it helpful. On the day of appointment I got a call from HO offering to come early and get things done early which I accepted. I went 30 mins early 1630 and it took 30 mins for data entry and collecting Biometrics although the entire floor was empty and I got called in mins. Sharp 1700 hrs the application was given to case worker. In 1710 got a call from case worker to show up at counter 42. I was given a questionnaire with case worker asking me about SA300 form which I did not have for previous years. She wasn't happy with the response and said HMRC will be cross verified.

The questionnaire is a protocol introduced lately (I guess) asking about your previous HO application. You have to be careful with your responses. It asks documents produced in prev appln, type of Business if you are Director, Tax amendments done in the past and reason for amendment. So remember all details and keep it consistent with your documents/evidence produced. any mis-alignment will lead to appln put on Hold for further review. I used 'Other Comments' column wisely to indicate my previous application details. My last visa extension earnings claimed using full time employ & limited company. I had £50k from my full time which I used it to my advantage as per solicitor advise.

Case worker called me couple of times while I was in waiting area to understand the company & family. Just stay cool and focus on the response. I tried to keep it minimal.

At 1920 got the announcement to come at counter 42. Finally 'Congratulations' uttered by the HO person. Big sign of relief.

If no tax amendments and all documents provided then it will be a successful journey. ALL the BEST and Good Luck to all.

Mrchaany

Re: Tier 1 5 year ILR - new questionnaire

Post by Mrchaany » Sat May 20, 2017 9:26 am

Congratulations
Could your please tell us more about new questionnaire
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

rajesh413
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh413 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:00 am

Hi Mrchanny,

The questionnaire seems to be a protocol followed for Tier 1 with Limited Company. It is focusing on previous Home Office Applications, documents provided in prev HO appln, nature of Business, Role, Tax amendments done between the prev application and now. Self Assessments done for the past few years (form went up till 2010) but I added 2016/17 as well. Because that was the first SA done.

First question case worker asks is SA 300/302 and by default he/she will cross verify with HMRC.

Hope this helps. All the BEST.

uktierone

Post by uktierone » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi Rajesh

Congratulations of your ILR application.

Please can you help me in my following question :

As I understand you work as a limited company director and you filled up Self Assessment for 2016/17 . So wanted to check if you filed the returns online or through paper. Reason I am asking is my accountant has told HMRC is advising to file it by paper if one has taken dividend more than £5000 , this is due to changes in Dividend Tax. Please can you suggest as how you filed the returns and did you took dividend more than £5000.

Regards

rajesh413
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh413 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:56 am

Hi uktierone,

Sorry for late reply.

Yes I had more than £5k dividend and my accountant did the self assessment on my behalf. It was done online that I had to sign the paper copy at the end to authorize. It was a quick process considering my accountants nature of work:-). I decided to do self assessment in advance because it was the only one done over the past years. I was told self-assessment is not necesssary unless HMRC asks one time from then it becomes mandatory every year. With introduction of 7.5% dividend tax it is now self mandatory for all directors I believe.

All the Best.

uktierone

Post by uktierone » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:27 pm

Thank you for the clarification.