ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dates for ILR on SET O form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samsharma
Newly Registered

Dates for ILR on SET O form

Post by samsharma » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:53 pm

Hi
Please help what dates should be mentioned on Set O form for absence from uk .
i.e suppose i left uk on 2/02/06 to came back on 4/03/06
should i mentioned the same dates above or should i mentioned 03/02/06 to 03/03/06

please advice on the dates to be mentioned -- do we have to mention the the stamping dates on ur passport ....

Many Thanks

gaman

Post by gaman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:42 pm

Never actually thought of this - as to whether to count the day you left as absent or not.
On entering whether to count the day you enter or not.

The straight forward method might be to exclude the day you left and you enter... meaning that you were in the country on the day you left and similarly when you enter the UK you were in the country on the day you entered.

But then what will happen if someone goes away for a night. Was the person not absent from the country at all?? :?
It can't be right again to say someone was absent for 2 days if he has only gone away for a night???

May be the government ought to add a bit of maths (adding up and subtracting days and nights) in the citizenship test so that forms can be filled in without any confusion!!!!

Q: If someone went away for a night how many days were the person absent from the country? Select the right answer

A: 2 days
B: 0 days
C: 1 day
D: Either 2 days or 0 days

Or None of the above as the answer is 1 night ( Not days)

I think I got the solution to this problem as I am writing this post,
The answer is alwasy count the number of nights one was away for. That seems to me the most appropriate answer.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:10 pm

The simple answer is that you only count full days that you were away. If someone went away for a night, the answer is 0.

gaman

Post by gaman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:23 pm

paulp,
Now you have confused me ever more!

Say someone went away one night a week every week for 2 years.
How many days was the person away for in the past 2 years? is it still 0, instead of (52 x 2) 104 days????

:? :?

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:52 pm

It would still be 0 as that person would not have been away for any full days.

kariarxy

Re: Dates for ILR on SET O form

Post by kariarxy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:49 am

hi, samsharma
how about your ILR applicaiton? in this thread,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ight=years

U said u were asked to resumbit application in March to cover up the excessive absences in 2006?

anjali_devi

section 6.2 on SET(o) in A B S E N C E S F R OM T H E U K

Post by anjali_devi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:59 pm

Hello,

In 6.2 do we need to mention dates of absences that are 3 months or more, I mean if I am out of the country for a few days do I still need to mention it here...

Cheers