ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayers marriage visa

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mansingh
Newly Registered

Overstayers marriage visa

Post by Mansingh » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:31 am

Hello there,

I need advice here if someone can help basically I came to uk in 2010 on student visa and it was due to expire in 2012 and them I applied for extension which didn't approved beacuse of my previous study completion certificate they didn't given it me on right time

Them the home office asked me to leave the country within 28 days but I appealed against the decsion then they refused my appeal and still asked me to leave in 2012 august since I was then overstaying but in august 2015 I left the country

Now I'm living in France and my fiancé is from uk I want to get married so should I apply for marriage vistor visa to get married over there does she has to come here and get married and then we can apply and how long it will take the whole process after applying visa

Thankyou

Casa

Re: Overstayers marriage visa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 am

Do you intend to settle in the UK after your marriage? A marriage visitor visa only permits you to enter the UK for 6 months and leave after the wedding, before the visa expiry date.

With your previous overstay the ECO may doubt your intention to return to France within the terms of the marriage visitor visa.

Is your fiancee British or have settled status in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Overstayers marriage visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Please continue in your existing topic and kindly refrain from a) multiple topics with the same question and b) posting your questions in the 'Comments about Board' sub forum.

general-uk-immigration-forum/overstayer ... l#p1517374
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.