ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:46 pm

Raheela samar wrote:hi ammara and zuly,
as i reached in uk,know i have to apply for registration card,but i do not from where i will get its form for applying.do you have any idea from where i can buye the form. i have to apply my self and only eea members can apply online.non eea have to submit a form.
1 more question i have 2 daughtrs.their nationality is spanish whats about them.can i apply online or not?
No need for multiple posts in other topics.

You download the form from the Home Office website.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

laci79uk
Newly Registered

Post by laci79uk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:35 pm

HI
anyone who apply EEA FP in ROMANIA for UK :?:
im ROMANIAN / HUNGARIAN citizen my wife Filipina citizen she hold Romanian stay permit issued for 5yrs ,last 4 yrs i was in uk working and now last 5 months im home in RO we applied in TLScenter Bucharest
with many proof but im wondering about entry clearance officer coz i read many bad experience maybe depend the country where u apply
if is someone who applied for eea fp in Romania pls write here
i wish good luck for everybody :!:

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:41 pm

savnmarie wrote:hi guys,I FILED FROM mumbai, im still waiting for a freakin decision made reply AND ITS MORE THAN 65 WORKING DAYS,this is ridiculous how they are playing with peoples lifes and breaking families in the bargain.
first of i would like to know on what grounds can they hold a individuals passport for that long??...is it even legal?? and iam saying it because when i handed over my passport to ukvi or whoever the f##k they are,i had submitted my passport because it said on thier official website that it takes 15 days,now if thier rules have changed in between it is not my fault or neither should it apply to me as i had filed before the brexit rules,
now i have complained to several authorities,but guess it doesnt have any effect on them, so i would like to REQUEST ALL MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM and whoever is waiting for two months or more to come forward and FILE A SIGNED PETITION to the concerned authorities,thanks guys....please LETS DO IT!
Hi Savnmarie,

I do understand how you feel. I am sitting on 85th working Day. Four months ago I applied. I feel the frustration. I don't know what to do. Just Waiting.

Good Luck.

Sid

degtom
Newly Registered

Post by degtom » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:07 am

Edwinlobo2907 wrote:
As a Malaysian citizen my wife has a visa on arrival for 6 months. ..don't understand why UKVI has a problem to issue the EEA FP which is an entry clearence visa.
I agree, Edwinlobo2907. Like you, I don't understand why there could be a problem/such a time delay issuing the EEA FP to visa-free nationals like your Malaysian wife or me. In the first place, yes, we could have just gone on a visa-free visit into the UK for 6 months!
I keep thinking about this cos' on my passport which is on Registered Traveller, I didn't even need to go through the immigration counter/interview and could have just gone through the same passport scanning machines as the EU citizens.

But it is the whole integrity of the issue - that in the end, if my husband and I do decide UK is the place for us to continue living and wish to apply for EEA RC for me, I don't wish for my integrity to be called into question about my original entry into the country or that I, any way have deceived the system.

Right now, though? It just feels it is, instead, this HO system that has deceived me greatly and whose repute is called into question. But as I realise from reading this forum, we are beholden to them and there is nothing we can do.
VIETY wrote:
nicoleprdes wrote:I also checked the processing time that 98% will take 15 days and 100% will take 30 days for Rome, Italy.
I applied for my FP in Rome back in January 2017 and I was granted after exactly 2 weeks. I am not sure why your case took so long and why it was deemed "not straightforward" case. If it has been referred to Sheffield, it is likely to take much longer. Unfortunately in this case, you can only wait
Hi Viety,
If I am not wrong, in Jan 2017, FPs were still being approved in various global centres and not at Sheffield but it has all changed to being approved only at Sheffield since April. Perhaps this is why everyone who's applied after has been facing this very disheartening delay.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi all. my husband waiting for EEA family permit and its 87 working days this delay causing us so many problems. I so stressed what to do with this most terrible immigration.complained everywhere but noting worked. Anyone have any suggestion what can be helpful now. Already complain to home office,solvit, mp and even eu commision.

observer_haters
Poland

Post by observer_haters » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Enka2018 wrote: Anyone have any suggestion what can be helpful now. Already complain to home office,solvit, mp and even eu commision.
My wife waiting 40 working days.. (For Thailand should be 15 days) After a long battle with UKVI.Finally regained a passport back without interruption application. Of course, complain to UKVI, HO, Solvit, MP etc. doesn't work at all.But now we have possibility going to my EU country and apply for the Residency Card, then back to the UK under Article 10 of Directive 2004/38 Don't need anymore waiting for the stressful EEA FP. Where they can't even tell you when will be issued. Waiting time for RC in my country is no longer as 4 weeks.

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:31 pm

observer_haters wrote:
Enka2018 wrote: Anyone have any suggestion what can be helpful now. Already complain to home office,solvit, mp and even eu commision.
My wife waiting 40 working days.. (For Thailand should be 15 days) After a long battle with UKVI.Finally regained a passport back without interruption application. Of course, complain to UKVI, HO, Solvit, MP etc. doesn't work at all.But now we have possibility going to my EU country and apply for the Residency Card, then back to the UK under Article 10 of Directive 2004/38 Don't need anymore waiting for the stressful EEA FP. Where they can't even tell you when will be issued. Waiting time for RC in my country is no longer as 4 weeks.
Did you make sure that the info for visa processing times for Thailand was updated? In my case it says 15 Working Days for Tokyo, Japan but its data from May so we don't even know what's the current status but I would find it very unlikely to jump to 45 or 60 days. It would be 30 days maximum. Mines been sitting on 30 Working Days since they received it so will have a call with them and an email to see what we can do.

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:32 pm

diwakar85 wrote:
KID1413 wrote:
diwakar85 wrote:I have receive 2nd email saying "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward"

Is this happened to anyone

Applied on : 6th June
1st email : 15 June saying application received at Sheffield
2nd email : 20 June " not straightforward email"
3rd email : 31 July " not straightforward email "
This is an interesting thing, my timeline is similar to yours so I might be getting the same response.

From where did you apply and what's your nationalities if you don't mind?
From Hyderabad, india and u?
Tokyo, Spaniard and Japanese.

observer_haters
Poland

Post by observer_haters » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:36 am

KID1413 wrote:
observer_haters wrote:
Did you make sure that the info for visa processing times for Thailand was updated? In my case it says 15 Working Days for Tokyo, Japan but its data from May so we don't even know what's the current status but I would find it very unlikely to jump to 45 or 60 days. It would be 30 days maximum. Mines been sitting on 30 Working Days since they received it so will have a call with them and an email to see what we can do.
Of course not, forget what is written on the UKVI site, it is outdated BUT According to Directive 2004/38/EC and (3. EUN2.3 Guidance)

Priority must be given to applications for EEA family permits.

2.2.1. Entry visas
As provided in Article 5(2), Member States may require third country family members
moving with or joining an EU citizen to whom the Directive applies to have an entry visa.
Such family members have not only the right to enter the territory of the Member State but also the right to obtain an entry visa. This distinguishes them from other third country nationals, who have no such right.
Third country family members should be issued as soon as possible and on the basis of an
accelerated procedure with a free of charge short-term entry visa. By analogy with Article 23 of the Visa Code19, the Commission considers that delays of more than four weeks are not reasonable.

UKVI breach EU law, they don't care about that. Brexit soon...

VIETY
Newly Registered

Post by VIETY » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:35 pm

sidkapure wrote:Hi Viety,
If I am not wrong, in Jan 2017, FPs were still being approved in various global centres and not at Sheffield but it has all changed to being approved only at Sheffield since April. Perhaps this is why everyone who's applied after has been facing this very disheartening delay.
Oh, I don't know that now FPs is being approved at Sheffield only. I thought it is just some escalated cases. Is there any any official pages saying that now FPs will be processed at Sheffield only do you know? I imagine it would create a huge backlog if everything is centrally processed at Sheffield

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:47 pm

I called the UK Visa phone number and I got them to escalate my case with a senior manager at ir was over the 15 Working Days they said. I noted down the reference and the person I talked to so.

All escalations are deemed to receive a response within 15 Working Days, does anybody know if this will be an actual outcome of our application?

Thanks

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:06 pm

observer_haters wrote:
Hi, may I ask how you managed to get her passport back?
I'm Dutch, living in UK, my husband is from India. We applied in Dusseldorf and were told 15 working days maximum, it's now 30 working days and his Schengen Visa is expired. So he is stuck in Holland without a passport and no valid Visa. I have been calling and emailing UKVI for the past weeks and just no reply. The case was officially 'escalated' 14 working days ago but have not been contacted by anyone.
Also contacted Solvit, MP, filed a complaint with HO, we're pretty desperate at this point.

diwakar85
Newly Registered

Post by diwakar85 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:50 pm

KID1413 wrote:
diwakar85 wrote:
KID1413 wrote:
diwakar85 wrote:I have receive 2nd email saying "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward"

Is this happened to anyone

Applied on : 6th June
1st email : 15 June saying application received at Sheffield
2nd email : 20 June " not straightforward email"
3rd email : 31 July " not straightforward email "
This is an interesting thing, my timeline is similar to yours so I might be getting the same response.

From where did you apply and what's your nationalities if you don't mind?
From Hyderabad, india and u?
Tokyo, Spaniard and Japanese.
I have checked the status and it says
Application status updated on 03 August 2017.

But hasn't got any call form visa office to collect passport
Hope get the passport soon with positive decision
Will let you know...

yuki719
Newly Registered

Post by yuki719 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:31 pm

Hello everyone,

Just giving an update. I applied for a EEA FP on July 5th. Finally today I received my passport back with the FP. My husband called from the UK and had my case escalated. I also emailed and asked for escalation. It seems to work (maybe coincidence?) since 2 days after I received my decision and my passport was ready on the same day. So to everyone who are waiting. Hang in there! Good luck!

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:15 pm

yuki719 wrote:Hello everyone,

Just giving an update. I applied for a EEA FP on July 5th. Finally today I received my passport back with the FP. My husband called from the UK and had my case escalated. I also emailed and asked for escalation. It seems to work (maybe coincidence?) since 2 days after I received my decision and my passport was ready on the same day. So to everyone who are waiting. Hang in there! Good luck!
Congrats! Very glad to know that you made it!

What as your timeline for all the steps? Did they send you an email regarding an update on your application?

Osh_Ferns
Newly Registered

Post by Osh_Ferns » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:26 am

Hi Sid, byronwilliam & Irfan did you all hear anything from HO.

Hi Ajmal did you receive your passport??

What's the result ??

Regards,
Oshin

Osh_Ferns
Newly Registered

Post by Osh_Ferns » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:35 am

Enka2018 wrote:Hi all. my husband waiting for EEA family permit and its 87 working days this delay causing us so many problems. I so stressed what to do with this most terrible immigration.complained everywhere but noting worked. Anyone have any suggestion what can be helpful now. Already complain to home office,solvit, mp and even eu commision.
Hi Enka,

Did you hear anything from the HO??

Regards,
Oshin

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:39 am

Osh_Ferns wrote:Hi Sid, byronwilliam & Irfan did you all hear anything from HO.

What's the result ??

Regards,
Oshin

No and today is 90 Days finished.

Sid

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:06 am

Hi, still waiting. More than 90 working days now. Very terrible

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:07 am

Osh_Ferns wrote:Hi Sid, byronwilliam & Irfan did you all hear anything from HO.

What's the result ??

Regards,
Oshin

Hello Oshin,

I am still waiting for them to make a decision. It is my 93rd day today, I don't know how long they will take. My friend who applied from Abu Dhabi got the FP in 5 days and here we are all waiting. It is as if they are solving a criminal case. I am really tired of the wait.

I hope they make a decision soon coz it is affecting us a lot.

All the best to everyone who have applied. Everyone Please keep updating the application status.

Regards,
Byron

degtom
Newly Registered

Post by degtom » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:43 am

yuki719 wrote:Hello everyone,

Oh yuki719, congratulations!! Very happy to hear this for you, and also it gives a glimmer of hope that decisions are being made afterall for EEA FP, and not just put on hold/"not straightforward".

When you have a moment again, hope you can come back to update your timeline (i.e. how many times you called/emailed for escalation) and nationality if you don't mind, and if you and your husband had been residing together in France prior to him being in the UK.

Congratulations again and enjoy your preparation for a happy reunion :D

To diwakar85 too, all the best with receiving your passport soon!

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:23 am

Esperan24 wrote:Hi Zuly

Congratulations... It's a fantastic news.. Finally ur wait is over.
Can you please advise as I have completed 39 days after biometrics should I call to check my application or should I wait for some days.

Hi apologies for super late reply.

It will depend on where you are applying from. Check what the processing times are for your country and then if it has been over the specified time then keep calling and emailing them to check status.

Al the best

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:25 am

faisal3100 wrote:
Zuly1820 wrote:
faisal3100 wrote:Hello everyone,

I have one question. Does VFS global also take original documents with your EEA application?

Actually, last time when my wife submitted her EEA family permit application in VFS Lahore, Pakistan. They did not take the original document including "Nikah nama" (marriage certificate). She was told it is not required but when she got the refusal letter it was mentioned that she did not submit the original Nikah nama (Marriage certificate).

If they take the original documents then what should I do in this scenario and will they return the original documents with passport or before that?

Your answer/ suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Note: I am not resided in UK or have worked in UK. We are applying from abroad.

-Faisal
Hi Faisal,

Usually your wife has to provide all the original documents and then everything is scanned and sent to the UK. However if they do take any documents they should be returned with the passport.

It's always good to make a list of the documents that you have submitted so that they can cross check what you say you have submitted and what the Visa Application Centre has sent them. When I applied for the first time I found some inconsistencies. The centre took 2 photos and kept them and said to my husband that the remaining will be scanned. From the rejection letter it seemed like only two photos were received. So it's all a bit weird especially with India where they are not very process based and tend to do things in their own way. Not sure how things are in Pakistan.

It's unlikely that they would keep the original Nikah Namah because it's a very important document and may easily be misplaced. Everything should just be scanned.

Also take your refusal letter to the centre and show them that the Nikah Nama is required indeed and that they are obliged to scan all the documents you want to send through to support your application!! With my husband it was the same thing - they kept saying this is not required, that is not required! But you are allowed to submit as much evidence of your relationship as you deem necessary!

All the best
Hi Zuly

Thank you for the detailed answer.

Do they scan your documents in front of you? Here in Pakistan, they did not scan the documents. At least, not in-front of my wife.

That is why I am wondering, previously in Vfs Lahore they did not take the original Nikah Nama and my wife Visa was refused.

This time I am going to give them a lot of proofs, original Nikah Nama, original Computerised marriage registration certificate, original Apostille From Finland etc.... God forbid, if they lose these original documents then It is going to be very difficult to get issued the new ones.

In our previous application, they did not give any receiving/invoice of our documents. So, I am wondering do they give any receiving/invoice of documents which states that what documents you have submitted with our application?

Everyone is welcome to share their experience in this regard. Thank you!

-Faisal

Hi Faisal,

Really sorry for the late reply!

In India they did scan it in front of my husband.

Yes send everything you have - hopefully they will not keep any originals and if they do make sure you get them to have it in writing what they have taken from you.

All the best,

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:30 am

ammara_talhi wrote:Hi Zuly!

Congratulations! Happy for you! Yes you completely forget about the wait/stress as soon as you find out that you got the Permit.

Just some FYI's for when your husband comes over.

Get the National insurance number applied ASAP, they took about a week and I received the letter with my husbands NI Number a week after sending the Passport copies!

I'm starting to get all the documents needed for the RC application, It's s headache lol

You deserve a break from all this!

Ammara
Zuly1820 wrote:Hello everyone!!!

After 80 working days, £70 pounds spent on calls and emails, weeks of stress and anxiety my husband finally received his family permit on Friday!
Cannot express how happy we are and how easily we forgot about all the stress!!

Here's my timeline:

Applied Mumbai North VFS in India.

Application submitted online: 6 March 2017
Biometrics submitted at Visa Centre: 21 March 2017
Sheffield received process email: 22 March 2017
"Not straightforward" email: 04 April 2017
Application decided: 13th June 2017
Email from VFS Application Centre in India saying application has been received by them and will be sent by courier service: 12th July 2017
Picked up passport from local Bluedart Courier: 14th July 2017

I'm happy to provide any further info or help you guys require.

I also would say once 90 days have passed (current processing time) keep contacting the international enquiry service!

Thanks for sharing your stories and all the support and help - it makes a huge difference!!! This forum is amazing!

Soon will be here with EEA (FM) queries loool! But until then all the best everyone!

Zuly
Hi Ammarah,

Thank you. I have applied for NINO straightaway - it's been over a week since I sent the documents. Hopefully should hear back soon.

Can you apply apply for residence card straightaway or you have to wait until one month before the Family Permit expires? My husband's family permit expires in December and we really wanted to go for Umrah then but seems unlikely as residence card processing times are also long I guess!

Esperan24
Newly Registered

Post by Esperan24 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi
I had got my case escalated on 25 and they replied to me,
Thank you for your enquiry dated 24.07.2017,

In regards to your query i have searched for the status of your application with the GWF reference number you have provided and it states that it is currently awaiting a decision.

As the time frame has lapsed over the service level agreement time, we can escalate this case to the relevant department. The process of the escalation time may take up to 15 working days in order to hear from the escalation team in regards to your application.

Your patience is highly appreciated,

I will wait till I complete 15 working days.. Today is 55 working days, this wait is stressing us.

Hopefully will update as on something comes up, also I had checked the link putting the reference nothing is coming up. L