ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of CSI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Noneabout
Newly Registered

Proof of CSI

Post by Noneabout » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Hello,

Two quick questions:

1) what sort of proof does the ukba need for comprehensive sickness insurance? I have an email confirming the dates I have the CSI for my nonworking unmarried partner as well as the monies taken out of my account monthly. Would that be enough if I print it out?

2) If by any chance I am denied, will I have to leave the county immediately or would I be eligible for another 5 year eea family member visa?

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: Proof of CSI

Post by 357mag » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Not enough information. What nationality are you and partner.

Which of you is the sponsor?

Maybe a guru will be along soon to give you a better answer, but I would say in this paperless age an email and evidence of payment should be enough.

Thinking logically if your evidence was refused and you appealed would the judge accept what you have, I would say yes.

You could contact your insured and ask for a copy of the policy document.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Noneabout
Newly Registered

Post by Noneabout » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:05 am

I am American and the unmarried partner of an Irish national.

Last time when I sought my 5 year visa, I literally had a letter from my work (on my work's letter heard) in 2012 stating that me and my partner were being covered by my work's health insurance. I was working and my partner was a student. That was all I provided and I got approved.

I have since left that company and purchased health insurance privately when my partner wasn't working. I have an email and a letter from the insurance company just stating that I had insurance for my partner and what was being direct debited from my account with the dates.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Ouch, looks to me like the only proof you have is that your EU citizen partner was insured and not you.
I'm not really qualified to help but just giving an opinion, hope a guru comes along to help you.

At a guess I would say you are going to have to reapply and start the 5 years all over. But then while writing that I thought maybe you have your 5 years needed and can apply for permanent residency. just a passing thought.

No you shouldn't be kicked out straight away, apply with what you've got and if that fails reapply, then reapply again, it can take ages.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:50 pm

If you applied now and did not have a CSI when it was required it could be that the HO will reject your application because of lack of CSI. However if you can wait post Brexit; Mrs May stated that those without CSI would still be able to apply for settled status and that includes Students and Self-Sufficient persons. In addition those applying now for PR will still have to apply for the new Settled status therefore paying the fee twice.

Claudiu14
Newly Registered

Post by Claudiu14 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:52 am

Hi need some help please .I just want to ask a question, I'm a EEA national with permanent residency acquired in 2016,my wife is a noneea family member due to apply in 2018 for permanent recidency but she have a gap of 2 weeks betwin jobs she need CSI (COMPREHENSIVE SICKNES INSURANCE).???And my second question is her passport is due to expire in April 2018 she need to renue it but EEA FAMILY MEMBER
expire in oct2017? She need new application EEA FAMILY Member or straight PERMANENT RESIDENCY APLICATION after 5 years ??Thank you