ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment declined

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Payment declined

Post by hussainfarhad » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:06 am

Hi guys big of a hassle this but my bank basically declined the taking funds by UKBA. Now I called the helpline they said I should get a new payment slip in the post soon. They tried to take payment on 4th August and it didn't turn up even today's post so far. I did however get a couple of calls from this number in Cambridge but thinking it was PPI ppl I didn't answer. Could it have been the UKBA trying to take payment. Just bit worried that application might come back rejected. I have however received acknowledgement from UKBA via email about the case being considered.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: Payment declined

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:40 am

Just wait for the new payment slip—this has happened to other members of the forum and getting sent another payment slip is standard. I know it's frustrating to have to wait for it to arrive, but I'm afraid that's the only thing you can do (aside from calling your bank and making sure they approve the payment next time)

I've never heard of anyone getting a phone call from the UKVI, so I doubt that the missed calls were them. As I said before, this has happened to other members of the forum, and it seems that the Home Office always give people another chance to pay the fee by sending a new payment slip.

Good luck!

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Thank you for putting my mind to ease :)

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:23 pm

Don't worry, I had the same problem last month. Home office sent me a biometric letter with new payment slip to fill up new details. I gave biometric, and sent them new payment slip through special delivery and they have taken the money from my account.

funkeq
Newly Registered

Post by funkeq » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:11 am

Advice you to find out if pay slip payment has been sent because I had the same experience with them. They will always tell you it has been sent but ensure you follow it up. I got my payslip payment after 3 months which is not normal , so call them and send an email if possible.

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Legal83 wrote:Don't worry, I had the same problem last month. Home office sent me a biometric letter with new payment slip to fill up new details. I gave biometric, and sent them new payment slip through special delivery and they have taken the money from my account.
Legal83
Can you please tell me how long before they sent you the biometric and payment slip because it's already a week since I received acknowledgement.
And also if someone can be kind enough to share email for the payment team so I can follow up. Thanks

yaz2017
Newly Registered
Zambia

Post by yaz2017 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 pm

I've also just received a "payment declined" letter along with a new payment slip. Perhaps I'm being blind but I can't seem to see where to post the slip to! Does anyone know what the correct address is to use?

Also, my letter states that I won't be able to enrol my biometrics until the payment has been taken, but I only have 14 days to both make the payment (by post) and enrol my biometrics. Does anyone know of any way to expedite this - can I call and authorise payment over the phone?

Many thanks in advance!

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi
You can send it to the same address which you sent the AN form to. The L3 postcode one.. I enrolled my biometrics and sent payment slip later but they still took the fees so I'm not sure why they asking you to wait for payment first. It did take them about a week to take payment after they got my letter though

yaz2017
Newly Registered
Zambia

Post by yaz2017 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! I think in my panic yesterday I misread the statement on the letter - I was able to enrol my biometrics without any problems today, and sent my corrected payment slip out to the Liverpool address. Thanks again!

Trabant

Post by Trabant » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:40 pm

I want to share my experience (my wife's application)
Today she got a text message and a phone call from nationwide - (we paid for 3 applications with this credit card already) and they said that they've blocked this payment of 1282 as a fraud prevention!?!?!?!

I called HO straight away and I was advised to post another payment slip ASAP with a cover letter. They said it is ok to submit MORE THAN ONE payment methods and fill more than one form (noone mentioned it before). I called them 3 times in total asking for the same things to be sure and everytime they did confirm the following:

1) it is ok to submit more than one payment forms - I submitted one for the credit card (prefferable method) and cheque as a backup - and asked to destroy it if credit card is accepted this time.
2) you need to post it to the same address in Liverpool as the main application
3)you do not need to wait for the letter from HO as it wll not contain anything what you need to post it with the payment slip (s)
4)you must enclose a cover letter explaining what happened, who you are and what are you paying for.

I hope my post will help someone.
Regards
Roman