ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tendesai
Newly Registered

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Tendesai » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:49 am

Date of apply:02/03/2017
date of debt: 02/03/2017
date of receive the approval letter:22/03/2017
date of receive the new travel Document:16/06/2017

bappenadim

Post by bappenadim » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi guys, I have got my refugee travel document in between 3-4 months. I am just wondering can I visit Italy without visa. Or do I need visa to travel Italy?
My friends got same document and visited Italy couple of year before and he said I dont need visa. But Italian embassy website shows refugee travel document do need visa to visit Italy.
Please let me know as I already booked a flight and my flight due in fewdays time.
Thanks in advance.

Issy1157
Newly Registered

Post by Issy1157 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:05 am

Advice needed please, my friend is doing a YtD112f
orm for travel documents
We need to know if a nurse a freight d can sign it for her as it says on form stamp needed, any advice please

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:01 pm

bappenadim wrote:Hi guys, I have got my refugee travel document in between 3-4 months. I am just wondering can I visit Italy without visa. Or do I need visa to travel Italy?
My friends got same document and visited Italy couple of year before and he said I dont need visa. But Italian embassy website shows refugee travel document do need visa to visit Italy.
Please let me know as I already booked a flight and my flight due in fewdays time.
Thanks in advance.
Hiya,

I just checked the website, thats correct you need a visa, up to a couple of months ago you didn't need a visa.

everything is changing tho, I checked France's embassy and says British protected person dosn't need visa,

bappenadim

Post by bappenadim » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:30 am

Thanks for your reply.

Discretion
Ghana

Post by Discretion » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:22 am

Hi everyone
Just to add to wat people has posted,
Anyone dat has a refugee status or using refugee passport
Do not need a visa to go anywhere to Europe.
Because am in the same category as a refugee & using refugee passport, I hv been to 6 different countries with the refugee passport no visa on it even if the country I'd not stated in the passport you can still go so long is Europe. I hv been to this country's
Malta. 10 x
Italy 2x
Germany 1x is not written inside the passport but u can go
Dublin 1x same as Ireland not in the passport u can
Spain 2x
Holland 1x

Hope dis will help
Thanks everyone
Am Discretion

Discretion
Ghana

Post by Discretion » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:13 pm

Sam1140 wrote:Hey guys,
how long does it take for the extension?

i was just wondering if any one has applied before, I need to apply for TD in next couple of months

Hi sam1140

Am just checking if you have applied for T D already, I
Understand that you have got ur ilr of which I saw dat
On d other forum.

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi Discretion,

Yeah, I got my TD in 3 weeks, however, I had suppoting document that i needed soon,

regarding your topic on travelling to Europe without Visa, that is not true,

you need to check the embassies of the countries before arranging your travel, you need a visa if you are a refugee to Italy, Latvia and some others, the new TD does not have the list of countries that you can visit without a visa.

Hope this helps

tamilboy007

Post by tamilboy007 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi
Anybody applied travel document recently please post time line?
thanks

tamilboy007

Post by tamilboy007 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 am

Hi
any news or update about travel document? please post!!!
anyone waiting?, had it recently? waiting to apply please share your situation!!!
i'm going apply next week so need some details...

thank u

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:31 am

tamilboy007 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:57 pm
Hi
thanks
HI,
It takes between 3-5 months for first time applicants. Renewals are quicker.
SALSABEEL

tamilboy007

Post by tamilboy007 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:28 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:31 am
tamilboy007 wrote:
Hi
thanks
HI,
Hi salsabeel

well done again mate for your ILR..
anyway mine is renewal.
thanks for your replay.
are you going to apply mate?
i'm going to post it tomorrow mate, as i need to travel to Switzerland by mid November for my cousin wed. but don't know i'll get it or not before that.
invite everyone who got ILR (i mean on other form )
will blow this form for another 3 months mate ...

Discretion
Ghana

Post by Discretion » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:53 pm

Sam1140 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:16 pm
Hi Discretion,

Yeah, I got my TD in 3 weeks, however, I had suppoting document that i needed soon,

regarding your topic on travelling to Europe without Visa, that is not true,

you need to check the embassies of the countries before arranging your travel, you need a visa if you are a refugee to Italy, Latvia and some others, the new TD does not have the list of countries that you can visit without a visa.

Hope this helps

Hi sam1140

In respect of the home office travel document, 5 years refugee status that i got YOU DON'T NEED A VISA TO EUROPE so long u are a refugee in the uk, u need no visa matey.

Because I know wat am saying broff, also am HGV truck driver in the UK, i do drive to Europe and deliver truck and return with flight. No 1 has ever ask me abt VISA broff trust me and believe me.

But for this new refugee ilr passport, i don't know anything about that and just explaining abt the 5years own.

Hope this will help our members

Am Discretion

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 am

tamilboy007 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:28 pm
salsabeel wrote:
tamilboy007 wrote:
Hi
thanks
HI,
Hi salsabeel

anyway mine is renewal.
thanks for your replay.
i'm going to post it tomorrow mate, as i need to travel to Switzerland by mid November for my cousin wed. but don't know i'll get it or not before that.
HI,yeah received my ILR confirmation letter yesterday after 5 months waiting time,anyway thanks a lots, i am thinking to apply TD.wish u all the best for ur TD applicaton and i pray u get on time ann attend ur cousin wedding.i will post this link to invite refugeeILR who wanna apply TD and countinu this thread too like other topics.
SALSABEEL

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:31 am

tamilboy007 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:28 pm
salsabeel wrote:
tamilboy007 wrote:
Hi
thanks
HI,
Hi salsabeel

anyway mine is renewal.
thanks for your replay.
SALSABEEL

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 pm

salsabeel wrote:
tamilboy007 wrote:
Hi
thanks
HI,
Hi Salsabeel,

I have been following your case through on the other thread. Congratulations on getting your ILR.
I just wanted to ask you why are you making/have made an application for travel document? why can you not get your own country's passport and get your ILR on that until your qualification period is over.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:22 pm

HKN wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 pm
salsabeel wrote:
tamilboy007 wrote:
Hi
thanks
HI,
Hi Salsabeel,

I have been following your case through on the other thread. Congratulations on getting your ILR.
I just wanted to ask you why are you making/have made an application for travel document? why can you not get your own country's passport and get your ILR on that until your qualification period is over.
Because Salsabeel applied for ILR based on refugee/asylum 5 years residence using form Set(P).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:22 pm
HKN wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 pm
salsabeel wrote:
tamilboy007 wrote:
Hi
thanks
HI,
Hi Salsabeel,

Because Salsabeel applied for ILR based on refugee/asylum 5 years residence using form Set(P).
HELLOW H thank you very much ,yeah thats correct i got intitial5 yrs refugee status first then after i applied ILR which approved few days ago now trying to apply TD.
SALSABEEL

Bish
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Bish » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi,
I have applied to renew my travel document with my indefinite leave to remain. I applied on 06/05/17 and I got my approval letter on 24/08/17. On 29/08 I received my new travel document. It has been a week and I am yet to receive my BRP back. I already extended my BRP (immigration status from 5 yrs to ILR) before applying to renew my TD but when I phoned up they said that I should receive my BRP shortly after I receive my TD. It has been a week and I'm starting to be slightly worried since I haven't received anything. I'm just worried that they somehow lost my BRP since it appears that most people got their BRP back with their approval letter!
I would appreciate any advice from someone who experienced a similar situation or know more about this.
Many Thanks!

tamilboy007

Post by tamilboy007 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:04 am

Hi
anybody applied recently or received TD ?

i have done mine online
documents sent 01/09/2017
waiting for acknowledgment letter

tamilboy007

Post by tamilboy007 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:21 am

Bish wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:13 pm
Hi,
I have applied to renew my travel document with my indefinite leave to remain. I applied on 06/05/17 and I got my approval letter on 24/08/17. On 29/08 I received my new travel document. It has been a week and I am yet to receive my BRP back. I already extended my BRP (immigration status from 5 yrs to ILR) before applying to renew my TD but when I phoned up they said that I should receive my BRP shortly after I receive my TD. It has been a week and I'm starting to be slightly worried since I haven't received anything. I'm just worried that they somehow lost my BRP since it appears that most people got their BRP back with their approval letter!
I would appreciate any advice from someone who experienced a similar situation or know more about this.
Many Thanks!
Hi Bish

Did u receive any acknowledgement letter from HO after u sent the application?
bcoz if u go through this form everyone receive acknowledgement letter return with their BRP approximately within 3 weeks. but your case is bit different. did u send any prepaid
Special Delivery envelope with application? (if yes, u can track) how u get delivered ur TD?(DX courier or royal mail)

any way hopefully u will get BRP by this week. if not u should phone them next week..

Bish
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Bish » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:59 pm

tamilboy007 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:21 am
Bish wrote:
Hi,
Many Thanks!
Hi Bish

bcoz if u go through this form everyone receive acknowledgement letter return with their BRP approximately within 3 weeks. but your case is bit different. did u send any prepaid
Special Delivery envelope with application? (if yes, u can track) how u get delivered ur TD?(DX courier or royal mail)

any way hopefully u will get BRP by this week. if not u should phone them next week..
Thanks for your reply, I didn't receive an acknowledgment letter from the HO which was baffling. I did send the documents tracked but the tracking online only shows until they were delivered at the HO in Croydon. I received my TD by a courier so I really hope I get my BRP back this week. Otherwise i might have to report that they lost it.

tamilboy007

Post by tamilboy007 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Bish wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:59 pm
tamilboy007 wrote:
Bish wrote:
Hi,
Many Thanks!
Hi Bish

Thanks for your reply, I didn't receive an acknowledgment letter from the HO which was baffling. I did send the documents tracked but the tracking online only shows until they were delivered at the HO in Croydon. I received my TD by a courier so I really hope I get my BRP back this week. Otherwise i might have to report that they lost it.
Hi Bish

Did you receive your documents yet?

Bish
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Bish » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:47 pm

tamilboy007 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:45 pm
Bish wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:59 pm
tamilboy007 wrote:
Bish wrote:
Hi,
Many Thanks!
Hi Bish

Hi Bish

Did you receive your documents yet?
Hey, I haven't received my BRP yet but I have sent a letter to the HO asking my case worker to send my permit back. Hope he gets the letter tho

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:37 pm

tamilboy007 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:04 am
Hi
anybody applied recently or received TD ?

i have done mine online
documents sent 01/09/2017
waiting for acknowledgment letter
HELLOW.
Any updates about acknowledgment letter?
as i am thinking to apply for TD.
thnx
SALSABEEL