ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Unmarried Partnership Visa EEA(EFM) + Expired Visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fkrcashyo
Newly Registered

Refused Unmarried Partnership Visa EEA(EFM) + Expired Visa

Post by fkrcashyo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:24 pm

Hi there.

I, Filipino, applied for an Unmarried Partnership Visa Application EEA(EFM) last Apr 26 and I just got the refusal letter from the Home Office regarding my Unmarried Partnership Visa Application EEA(EFM).

It says in the paper that I have missing evidence/documents for proof of relationship, my barrister gave me a copy of req's and we complied to all req's. However, me and my partner have been together for more than 2 years and we have just moved here in London last Feb 2017.

And now, my tourist visa has expired July 2017 and I don't know what to do anymore. I desperately want to stay in the UK with my partner.

Help please

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: Refused Unmarried Partnership Visa EEA(EFM) + Expired Vi

Post by 357mag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:12 pm

You don't say nationality of partner.
I suggest you contact Solvit.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

fkrcashyo
Newly Registered

Post by fkrcashyo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:03 pm

357mag wrote:You don't say nationality of partner.
I suggest you contact Solvit.
my partner is Portuguese

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:04 pm

In order to marry in the UK you can only register with a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO who can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both separately before the wedding can go ahead, should they choose to do so.

As an overstayer without any legal status in the UK, you are at risk of being detained on the day of the wedding.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fkrcashyo
Newly Registered

Post by fkrcashyo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Casa wrote:In order to marry in the UK you can only register with a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO who can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both separately before the wedding can go ahead, should they choose to do so.

As an overstayer without any legal status in the UK, you are at risk of being detained on the day of the wedding.

I got an overstayer friend who married a Spanish and everything seemed alright. I'll might check with the solicitor to explore more options. I'm worried I'll get detained. Won't handle it for sure. We got lots of proof that our relationship is genuine. Thanks for the help tho. I got enough information.