ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa - 8 Weeks? When do I start counting?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cuapp
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa - 8 Weeks? When do I start counting?

Post by cuapp » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:17 am

Hi All,

Just wanted to know when does the 8 week period start after an application has been made. From the day the application is made online? or from the day the application and documents are received by the HO?

Note that after an online application submission, there is a period of up to 15 days (2 Weeks and 1 day) to send the documents.

Thanks

shoaibrehman

Re: Tier 2 Visa - 8 Weeks? When do I start counting?

Post by shoaibrehman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi,

I reckon it's day you pay for the application and submit it online

yapolyak
Russia

Post by yapolyak » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi,

Did you get a decision by now, may I ask? My time is also coming to the full 8 weeks, haven't heard from them... I guess if it is not decided by the end of 8 weeks we are supposed to contact a local MP? Lots of people seem to have delays this summer...

Best,

Iakov

abburgos
Newly Registered

Post by abburgos » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:08 am

Which guideline mentioned 8 weeks? What I knew then was a standard visa application should take about 15 working days, priority at 3-5 days and super priority within 24 hrs. I filed mine last 3rd of August with priority application but I still haven't received a decision.

sech
Newly Registered

Post by sech » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:34 am

I had my first application on 26May and was refused on 16June, which is exactly 15 working days for prosessing.

I had my second application on 26July and received an email saying my application is not straightforward on 16Aug. The application is exactly the same with my initial one with new supports for English ability only.

I also have no clue why the second application would become not straightforward. Thinking to send them an email, however, i am not sure if it works.

yapolyak
Russia

Post by yapolyak » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:14 am

abburgos wrote:Which guideline mentioned 8 weeks?
This is how long it should take to make a decision for the in-country Tier-2 extension when applying online: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa

cuapp
Newly Registered

Post by cuapp » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:41 am

Here is my update.

I received a letter from the HO after 7 weeks and 6 days from the online application.

They told me that I submitted the application fees in error to which I agree and that a top up was required to continue processing my application. They also mention that the decision on my application cannot be 8 weeks anymore due to the submission error.

I have submitted the top up payment straight away after receiving the notification letter last week, now I have no idea how long will it take for my case to be revised.

Any advise?
Last edited by cuapp on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

yapolyak
Russia

Post by yapolyak » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:47 am

Thanks for the update!

Really sorry to hear you had a payment problem and have a delay! I have no idea how long it will take them now to make a decision! In my case, the last working day of the 8-week period is tomorrow, and I so far had no news from them (and status is Awaiting Decision).

I read that contacting your local MP may help (at least MPs usually do in fact contact UKVI on your behalf, the question is whether this will make any difference)...

Good luck to us all!

abburgos
Newly Registered

Post by abburgos » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:12 am

sech wrote:I had my first application on 26May and was refused on 16June, which is exactly 15 working days for prosessing.

I had my second application on 26July and received an email saying my application is not straightforward on 16Aug. The application is exactly the same with my initial one with new supports for English ability only.

I also have no clue why the second application would become not straightforward. Thinking to send them an email, however, i am not sure if it works.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason of your visa refusal?

sech
Newly Registered

Post by sech » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:32 am

I didnt submit the NARIC assessment for my non-uk degree. So I got refused. Other points are successfully claimed.

So in the second application, i submitted the documents that i had handed in the initial application together with the NARIC assessment. However, the ECO consider my application is not straightforward this time...