ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 50k visa extension approved

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

omoba911
Newly Registered

Tier 1 50k visa extension approved

Post by omoba911 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:14 am

Thanks to everyone including Zimba and Mcrcacnth. I received my tier 1 50 extension approval letter in the post today. This forum is extremely valuable and I am really grateful. I did not use any lawyer.

Below is my timeline
Applied 29 July 2017
Application received 31 July 2017
Biometric letter dated 2 Aug 2017 and received 4 Aug 2017
Biometric Given: 5 Aug 2017
Online status decided update 13 Aug 2017
IHS Received 18 Aug 2017
Approval letter dated 14 Aug 2017 and received 18 Aug 2017
Document and passport received 18 Aug 2017
BRP...waiting

I strongly advice anyone applying to strictly follow the guidance and keep your application as simple as possible.

I did not send p11 or p45, p60 or accountant investment letter. Application was properly labelled and documentation were simplified

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 50k visa extension approved

Post by heyaheya » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:25 am

congratulations... so happy for u.

please share list of documents list plus nature of ur business..

and if u dont mind how u arranged the documents and labelled.

best regards,

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:26 am

Wow, that was quick!
Congratulations!

Was your business in profit?

omoba911
Newly Registered

Post by omoba911 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:30 am

sm12 wrote:Wow, that was quick!
Congratulations!

Was your business in profit?
yes my business was in profit

omoba911
Newly Registered

Post by omoba911 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:34 am

heyaheya wrote:congratulations... so happy for u.

best regards,
Thank you

Nature of my business was IT consultancy. I will share my document list shortly on this thread

omoba911
Newly Registered

Post by omoba911 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:21 pm

best regards,

20 Points: £50,000 invested into a business in the UK

• One Company account for 2016/2017 which contains accountant compilation report and name of the accountant
• Directors loan agreement dated 2014 when i transferred the money(2 pages)
• Print out of Business bank account with original bank stamp showing transaction from me. (2 pages) Document was put in a transparent cover and labeled ‘’£50k transfer into the business from my name)
• Copy of accountant ACCA certificate of practice and membership of ACCA (1 page each)

20 Points: Registered with as a director within 6months of initial leave to remain
• Company house appointment report with filling history ( 4 pages)

15 Points: Engaged in business activity at the time of application

20 Points: Created 2 new full-time jobs for persons settled in the UK

• Payslip for 3 employee
• FPS for 3 employee
• Copies of passport copies of 3 British employees ( labelled and inside a transparent jacket)
• Letter from accountant confirming jobs (1 page) ( This might not be necessary)

All three employees work minimum 30 hours per week and all work for more than 12month stretch. So 3 full jobs created in total and 2 were still with me at time of application

10 Points English Language:
• Original degree certificate from university (1 page)

10 Points Maintenance:
• Original bank statement. (1 page) I kept the money in a separate account which i wasnt using and did a transaction on the last date of account. This means case worker does not have to scroll through several document for maintainance. Just 1 page showing 4 month date with about 5 transactions in total

Non-point scoring

Business premises in UK
• Original certificate of incorporation from Companies house showing business address and my name as a director ( I paid 50pounds for this, but you don't have to)
• Company house appointment report with filling history

UK bank account
• Print out of business bank statement with official bank stamp. (1 page and labeled) I made sure the bank statement showed invoice payment from 2 customers. This helps with credibility

UK Taxation
• CT610, CT603 and CT600 ( you actually only need CT600)

Genuine Entrepreneur Test – Extension Application
• 3 year insurance
• copies of 2 business invoices issued directly to customers
• Print out of business website first/home page. ( I completely redesigned my website early this year. helps with credibility)

•Personal letter from me to to home office explaining how i met the requirement clearly and my immigration history(1page)
•Letter from the business ( also from me but address as a director) explaining the business strategy, our growth over the last 3 years, additional employees to home office(1 page)

•Application form as usual
•Passport

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Concise and professionally done - explains partly why it was processed so fast (I am sure part of it is luck in getting the right CW)

The ordering by sections is something I strongly recommend - makes it less probable the CW will make mistakes.

Just one point (not very critical) for anyone else who want to follow this. The following are part of the point scoring as they are essential conditions of the investment proof. So, I would put them in that section.

Business premises in UK
• Original certificate of incorporation from Companies house showing business address and my name as a director ( I paid 50pounds for this, but you don't have to)
UK bank account
• Print out of business bank statement with official bank stamp. (1 page and labeled) I made sure the bank statement showed invoice payment from 2 customers. This helps with credibility
UK Taxation
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:19 pm

omoba911 wrote:

best regards,

20 Points: £50,000 invested into a business in the UK

• One Company account for 2016/2017 which contains accountant compilation report and name of the accountant
• Directors loan agreement dated 2014 when i transferred the money(2 pages)
• Print out of Business bank account with original bank stamp showing transaction from me. (2 pages) Document was put in a transparent cover and labeled ‘’£50k transfer into the business from my name)
• Copy of accountant ACCA certificate of practice and membership of ACCA (1 page each)

20 Points: Registered with as a director within 6months of initial leave to remain

15 Points: Engaged in business activity at the time of application

20 Points: Created 2 new full-time jobs for persons settled in the UK

• Payslip for 3 employee
• FPS for 3 employee
• Copies of passport copies of 3 British employees ( labelled and inside a transparent jacket)
• Letter from accountant confirming jobs (1 page) ( This might not be necessary)

All three employees work minimum 30 hours per week and all work for more than 12month stretch. So 3 full jobs created in total and 2 were still with me at time of application

10 Points English Language:
• Original degree certificate from university (1 page)

10 Points Maintenance:
• Original bank statement. (1 page) I kept the money in a separate account which i wasnt using and did a transaction on the last date of account. This means case worker does not have to scroll through several document for maintainance. Just 1 page showing 4 month date with about 5 transactions in total

Non-point scoring

Business premises in UK

UK bank account

UK Taxation

Genuine Entrepreneur Test – Extension Application
• 3 year insurance
• copies of 2 business invoices issued directly to customers
• Print out of business website first/home page. ( I completely redesigned my website early this year. helps with credibility)

•Personal letter from me to to home office explaining how i met the requirement clearly and my immigration history(1page)
•Letter from the business ( also from me but address as a director) explaining the business strategy, our growth over the last 3 years, additional employees to home office(1 page)

•Application form as usual
•Passport
thanku very much dear, good luck for ur future and thanks again for sharing,,, #

regards,

yunas
Mood:

Post by yunas » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Congrats,

Could you please share your two pages Director Loan Format?

Regards.
Yunas

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Did you received the complex letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:04 pm

nish_patel7 wrote:Did you received the complex letter?
OK got approval within 2 weeks after submissions. U likely he got complex letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

omoba911
Newly Registered

Post by omoba911 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:17 pm

nish_patel7 wrote:Did you received the complex letter?
No