ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal visa - accommodation requirements -returning citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

roddyp
Newly Registered

Spousal visa - accommodation requirements -returning citizen

Post by roddyp » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:28 am

Hi Everyone.

I am british citizen working in South Africa (not resident in UK).
I am returning to the UK in December with my wife and two kids in tow. I meet the financial requirement as i have a full-time job here in SA that is over the financial threshold and i have a job offer of 38k starting on the 1st Jan 2018.

As i am a returning British citizen, i don't have any accommodation in the UK. My idea was to spend a month at a serviced apartment and then find a house to rent.

Is this going to be an issue with the spousal visa? Do i need something lined up before i even leave here? Will a letter from a friend stating that i can stay with them be sufficient (he is the house owner)

Please advise
Thanks
Roddy

Casa

Re: Spousal visa - accommodation requirements -returning cit

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:46 am

You do need to show that there will be accommodation available for your family on their arrival in the UK when the application is submitted.

A letter from a friend will be fine, assuming the accommodation will be considered 'adequate'. He will also have to provide a copy of his mortgage agreement, or a copy of the property deeds if owned outright.

When do and your family intend to travel?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

roddyp
Newly Registered

Post by roddyp » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:50 am

Thanks for the reply Casa

We will be moving at the end of the year. I have a lot of documents to get into order, so i need to get started with them now. Processing times are around 12 weeks, so i need to start getting everything sorted out.

Will they need a survey inspection to confirm that the house is in order?

Thanks
Roddy

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:57 am

roddyp wrote:Thanks for the reply Casa

We will be moving at the end of the year. I have a lot of documents to get into order, so i need to get started with them now. Processing times are around 12 weeks, so i need to start getting everything sorted out.

Will they need a survey inspection to confirm that the house is in order? Not unless the property is considered to be housing in 'multiple occupancy '. How many are resident at present and how many rooms are there? What are the ages & gender of your children?

Thanks
Roddy
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

roddyp
Newly Registered

Post by roddyp » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks again Casa.

My kids are both under 10, my friends kids both under 10 and its a four bedroom house.

Accommodation should be sorted then.

Now to get the rest done!

Thanks
Roddy

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:31 pm

You're welcome. Post again if you get stuck with anything....
(Casa, not CR001)