ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Marriage interview experience

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

criminallaw26
Newly Registered

My Marriage interview experience

Post by criminallaw26 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Dear Users,

I do not even know where to start but I will try my best...

I had a marriage referral Interview on 22nd of May ..
In short,
Home Office have deteined my fiance and gave me paper work as well ( I am a german national who is living in london for the past 7 years)...

They asked us questions such as ; when we had sex the first time ( my fiance was drunk and i was sober... meaning that he wouldnt remember it and it was two years ago...)... which i thought is actually not their concern...
However.... i was told that I have misused my treaty rights and was about to inter a sham marriage and was given a removal decision ... obviously we contructed our solicitior to appeal against this and now I am waiting..besides I am a law student and doing my LPC .... nevertheless, my fiance is in detention and we have applied for bail.

in summary,the Home Office did not believe us simply because I am an academic and my fiance is basically nothing ....

Trust me.. some of them arent on your side they are using your kindness... one of the immigration officers actually said to him ' we hate people like you' (because he is albanian).... the whole interview was about 8-9 hours in total ....

on that day all the couples arrived were in some context not clear... meaning their immigration status was complex ( committed crimes etc) my fiance had nothing on his shirt we came with clear hands ... but still they ruined our lives ....

One officer clearly had a conflict of interest... her mind game 'we are on your side' did not make sense as she did put a case against me-.... so ladys do not be fooled they arent angels .... they just want to break you and your illegal partner apart.

I love him more than ever ... as this proves me I will not stay without him ever ... I will fight until the end ... also this officer should not be working there... I am gratefull to be a german as we do not have such people working in such fields...

Elliewifetoalbanian

Re: My Marriage interview experience

Post by Elliewifetoalbanian » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:48 pm

All I hear is more and more Albanians being refused lately

Put in an flr fp application with an immigration solicitor

We got my husband out on bail then was refused flr fp but won on appeal!

Good friends with a polish girl who's husband was illelegal Albanian she got him a 5 year visa through eu rights

Sounds like you need to convince them your in a genuine relationship.

criminallaw26
Newly Registered

Post by criminallaw26 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:34 pm

Elliewifetoalbanian wrote:All I hear is more and more Albanians being refused lately

Put in an flr fp application with an immigration solicitor

We got my husband out on bail then was refused flr fp but won on appeal!

Good friends with a polish girl who's husband was illelegal Albanian she got him a 5 year visa through eu rights

Sounds like you need to convince them your in a genuine relationship.

Hey ....
what do you mean by *flr Fp application*
I have contstruted our solicitor to act for both of us ( my removal decision and his detention release)
when he was detained we made a TA application but we did not hear from the home office after three days so we made a bail application ... so yesterday the solicitor informed us that the application is listed ( meaning that the court hearing is either monday or tuesday )

if i can i would show them my heart !!! how can they not see that I am in love with him ... this is ridiculous ... I am half punjabi and half german ...my parents agreed on that i am allowed to marry him... which is rare in the punjabi culture to marry outside our community ....

trust me this lady was extraordinary rude ... she just hated albanians ...

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:02 am

There is no FLR(FP) Partner route when applying under EEA Regulations. This is for a partner residing under the UK Immigration Rules. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

criminallaw26
Newly Registered

Post by criminallaw26 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:47 pm

I did my research regards the FLR application and this does not apply to me ...

we are just waiting for the court hearing ...

Elliewifetoalbanian

Post by Elliewifetoalbanian » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Sorry missed the German part

It would be a family permit

An illelegal Albanian got one through this route marrying a polish lady. Luckily he wasn't detained but had to attend the home office interview.

criminallaw26
Newly Registered

Post by criminallaw26 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:29 pm

Guys a little update

They deported him without serving notice on thursday morning.

Woke him up and forced him to leave his room.

The issues:

no notice were served
no ticket was issued to him
no passport was handed over to him in order to leave the UK and enter Albanian.

Our case was listed and was ready to be heard.

Our Solictor was surprised when i called him at 3 oclock in the mornign saying that they were deporting him.

Is Home office required to give us at least the reasons why they deported him ?

also it was the first time they did not ask him before if he wanted to leave the voluntarily.

My question
Can I personally ring up the Home Office and aks for disclosure?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:03 pm

It is sad and a shame to hear the disgraceful thing that happened to your partner.

The lawyer should have filed a Judicial review, what they did was wrong and no one should have to face that.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

criminallaw26
Newly Registered

Post by criminallaw26 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:58 am

Hello Guys

NEW UPDATE

as you may have followed my post at the beginning that I have been served with the forms IS 96 and Is 151A and B....
I obviously appealed against the decision and went back to Germany to visit my parents and also went to Albania to visit him. After that we both decided to go on holidays.

My return ticket was on 17th of August.
When I arrived at the UK border they stopped me and interviewed me and said I should have not left the UK while my appeal was pending... However on IS 151B FORM it says:...IF YOU APPEAL YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LEAVE THE UK WHILE THE APPEAL IS IN PROGRESS, HOWEVER, YOU MAY CONTINUE YOUR APPEAL FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK SHOULD YOU WISH TO.

WELL i am not british but I have been taught englsh since the second grad in Germany and I have been living in UK for the past 7 years ... this sentence does not say 'I must stay in UK '

this is what the UK Border force used against me by saying ' I should have remained in UK'

I was served with the forms IS86 AND IS82C... they refused entry on the 17th and was send back on the 18th in the morning back to Hamburg...

My solicitor again couldnt believe it ....

I am frustrated as I had exams from the 22.08-7.9 ... i find this extremely stupid ... even more as being a LPC student...

Every person on my f++cking instagram and facebook can see that I have a boyfriend and we are getting married soon .....

Let me tell you something when we had our interview on the 22nd of May ... in the waiting area there were a few couples ... one of them was 19 and his girlfriend was 47 both couldnt even communicate as they do not speak english and their mother language was not the same..... but guess what they went home happily after ... but US ? separated like a chop sticks ....

the worst part is that i have to resit the exams following academic year 2018.....

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:50 pm

@Criminallaw26 :

It's funny how similar you and my fiance at the time is. She is a law student as well and was studying LPC at the time. She was also German. They invited us for a marriage interview as well.

in my opinion, both of you should have applied under EEA EFM before proceeding to get married, as we did.

They couldn't have deported your boyfriend without a decision on that application.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

khlid77

Post by khlid77 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:55 am

Hi dear all
We got invitation for non EEA PR application
Next week
Any one gone through this interview ?
Please share your experience
Thanks in advance
Your replies will be appreciated

Olsi
Newly Registered

Post by Olsi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 am

wooow i cant belive how much they hate us albanians. am sure that the reason why he was deported without notice is becouse is albanian. anyway just dont give up. from my experience is better to be rude with them than to be nice.

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:22 pm

criminallaw26 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:58 am
Hello Guys

NEW UPDATE

as you may have followed my post at the beginning that I have been served with the forms IS 96 and Is 151A and B....
I obviously appealed against the decision and went back to Germany to visit my parents and also went to Albania to visit him. After that we both decided to go on holidays.

My return ticket was on 17th of August.
When I arrived at the UK border they stopped me and interviewed me and said I should have not left the UK while my appeal was pending... However on IS 151B FORM it says:...IF YOU APPEAL YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LEAVE THE UK WHILE THE APPEAL IS IN PROGRESS, HOWEVER, YOU MAY CONTINUE YOUR APPEAL FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK SHOULD YOU WISH TO.

WELL i am not british but I have been taught englsh since the second grad in Germany and I have been living in UK for the past 7 years ... this sentence does not say 'I must stay in UK '

this is what the UK Border force used against me by saying ' I should have remained in UK'

I was served with the forms IS86 AND IS82C... they refused entry on the 17th and was send back on the 18th in the morning back to Hamburg...

My solicitor again couldnt believe it ....

I am frustrated as I had exams from the 22.08-7.9 ... i find this extremely stupid ... even more as being a LPC student...

Every person on my f++cking instagram and facebook can see that I have a boyfriend and we are getting married soon .....

Let me tell you something when we had our interview on the 22nd of May ... in the waiting area there were a few couples ... one of them was 19 and his girlfriend was 47 both couldnt even communicate as they do not speak english and their mother language was not the same..... but guess what they went home happily after ... but US ? separated like a chop sticks ....

the worst part is that i have to resit the exams following academic year 2018.....
I was always under the impression that this wouldnt happen to us germans.... doesnt seem the case..

I hope you will be able to resolve this...

Once again I am so glad that we didnt get called in for the interview...

Viel Glück.

criminallaw26
Newly Registered

Post by criminallaw26 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Danke ...

The only difference i was not put in a detention centre (my German passport saved me :D)

But still though it was extremely depressing flying out with business class and coming back with economy class -- not cool -- The brightside I still received Tier Points one step ahead to Silver card (British Aiwarys) hahah sorry my humor is pretty much alive even though the HOME OFFICE BEHAVED LIKE SHIT....

But how long it would take to get answer from the HOME OFFICE...

I love my baby even more because of this.... we are getting married now in Germany just waiting for his documents...
Trust me I will sue HO :evil: :evil: :twisted:

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 pm

criminallaw26 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:40 pm
Danke ...

The only difference i was not put in a detention centre (my German passport saved me :D)

But still though it was extremely depressing flying out with business class and coming back with economy class -- not cool -- The brightside I still received Tier Points one step ahead to Silver card (British Aiwarys) hahah sorry my humor is pretty much alive even though the HOME OFFICE BEHAVED LIKE SHIT....

I love my baby even more because of this.... we are getting married now in Germany just waiting for his documents...
sigh yes for me as a german its all too complicated .. why cant it be simple ?

are you aiming to return to the UK with the husband once you are married ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 pm

silvanti_78 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 pm
criminallaw26 wrote:
Danke ...

Kindly only post in English, the official language of the forum. Both users posts have been edited.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 pm
silvanti_78 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 pm
criminallaw26 wrote:
Danke ...

Kindly only post in English, the official language of the forum. Both users posts have been edited.
sorry. wasnt mean bad.. only giving our Ausländerbehörde ( HO in germany ) some credit.

things are much different in germany and you can actually go to that place and talk to someone.

probaly our German way on how things are done... basically the bureaucracyin the UK is worse than in Germany.

we also do not pay at all if applying for Aufenthaltsgenehmigung ( thats the temps or permanent right to stay in Germany )

Sigh... patience.,..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:06 pm

silvanti_78 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:02 pm
sorry. wasnt mean bad.. only giving our Ausländerbehörde ( HO in germany ) some credit.

things are much different in germany and you can actually go to that place and talk to someone.

probaly our German way on how things are done... basically the bureaucracyin the UK is worse than in Germany.

we also do not pay at all if applying for Aufenthaltsgenehmigung ( thats the temps or permanent right to stay in Germany )

Sigh... patience.,..
I can speak German so know what your message said. It is just unfair to other members who might be seeking help from existing topics, which is why we ask for English only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

criminallaw26
Newly Registered

Post by criminallaw26 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 pm

I apologize .. will not happen again..

just wanted to answer her back... English it is SIR

Well getting married in Germany is easier because I am german and my partner is allowed to travel to germany visa free...

Honestly it was odd regards HO saying ' get married in germany and then come back'

I am just saying that German authorities will not destroy a relationship based on someones backgorund.
Also it is much easier to talk to someone and get an good explanation and help on how to obtain the right documents without consulting a lawyer.

And being married in one eu-country will not hinder me to enter UK. SO the shit which the HO put us through would not concern us anymore....

Just common sense ... i am still trying to understand why they did not let me in... when I spoke to EATON HOUSE in west london... they even made it clear that i should come in the next day to sign.... whereas the HO at T5 just did not let me in......

I actually thought they share infomartion and based on the facts ( being a student living for 7 years in London) they will not hinder me to get in...

:roll: :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:01 pm

criminallaw26 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 pm
I apologize .. will not happen again..

just wanted to answer her back... English it is SIR
I am a 'Miss' :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

criminallaw26
Newly Registered

Post by criminallaw26 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi guys
A little update

Turned out that our solicitor was playing around and in fact didnt do anything.

When I called the HO directly (used my husbands documents whilst he was detained he was in touch with the officers at Croydon) and told me that the solicitor didnt even appealed against any decision.

Well in short we appealed against the orginal decison which was made last year in 22.05.2017 us entering into a sham marriage.

We have been married since 09.11.2017 and are iiving together with my parents in Germany. However I am still a student and have my resits.

I had my paper hearing on the 24th.July 2018 but no decision yet.

I mean what can I do ? The original decison was a ban of 12 months which was given to me in may 2017.
Since I have appealed against that decison... regardless of that am I allowed to enter the UK?

I even called the Embassy in Berlin they couldnt answer me same as the HO... some say I have to wait for the appeals decision others say since the ban is over there shouldnt be any problems.

On the ISI151B it only says 12 months ... nothing about what will happen afterwards.

Help please