ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card for my mom (me and my father are EU Citizen)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yoliabal
Newly Registered

Residence Card for my mom (me and my father are EU Citizen)

Post by yoliabal » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Hello,

My mom came to London three months ago with my father, she has a family permit and it is valid until August 25th. They live with me and my partner.
I am director of a Uk limited company, my parents are working with me however my company started just one month ago and we haven't got enough evidence of consistent dividends coming through.
The expiration date is due soon on her family permit so I can now begin my mother’s residence application but I have some doubts who will be the sponsor of my mother’s residence me or my father (both of us are Qualified Europeans)?

What would you recommend me?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yolimar

secret.simon

Re: Residence Card for my mom (me and my father are EU Citiz

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:35 pm

How is your father a qualified EU citizen?

If you sponsor your mother, you must prove that she is dependent on you.

If your father sponsors her, he does not need to prove dependency, just the marriage.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:28 pm

The OP suggested that his father works for him.

The question is, whether the father meet the test under EU law.

Whether he genuinely work for you, under your supervision, in return for remuneration.

If he does, the EU test is met and your mother can be sponsored by your father, which will be more straight forward than him applying as your dependent.

I am moving this post to the EU section.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

yoliabal
Newly Registered

Post by yoliabal » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:10 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply, very much appreciated indeed.

My Father and I are Spaniards buy my mother is Venezuelan. My Father is working for me in my company (I will hire him as a permanent staff), we have their marriage papers (just need to translate it to english). I agree with you all, my father can sponsor my mother directly.

My concerns are (since in the application they require bank statements and utility bills):

1) I am under the impresion the gov would like to see consisten, recurrent income?. we have been operating for just 2 months and my father does not have a bank account yet (we will be opning one for him this week)
2) We live as a family and all utility bills are under my partners name and myself, although they contribute with the rent and bills for services. would this be an issue? (I read in the application form you need to provide utility bills and so on)

Many thanks in advance for your time

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Regardless of him having a bank account, I think you can provide him with pay slips for whatever amount you have paid to him in cash until now.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.