ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Search forum

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gbxox
Newly Registered

Search forum

Post by gbxox » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:12 am

if I am logged I can't search forum, only when logout. Please advise where is the search function (box) for logged in members?

vinny

Re: Search forum

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:40 am

For some reason, new members cannot use the board's search facility. Use Google search instead.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gbxox
Newly Registered

Post by gbxox » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:16 pm

vinny wrote:For some reason, new members cannot use the board's search facility .
For what (some) reason? Never mind that I am not a new member.
So, actually, you're saying that guests can see/access more features than us having an account?
They can read w/o write. Members(new, for how long? ) can ask write w/o read. But then, guests (google) can read our replies. Sorry , I need a logic here .
Last edited by gbxox on Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:20 pm

gbxox wrote:
vinny wrote:For some reason, new members cannot use the board's search facility .
For what (some) reason? Never mind that I am not a new member.
So, actually, you're saying that guests can see/access more features than us having an account?
They can read w/o asking. Members(new, for how long? ) can ask w/o read. But then, guests (google) can read our replies. Sorry , I need a logic here .
We, as moderators, don't know why it does this for members. Usually after 30 posts members seem to be ok to search. We have no control over this aspect of the forum/server. We keep the forum going/clean/in check and not the technical aspects.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gbxox
Newly Registered

Post by gbxox » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:38 pm

I understand. However, immigration is very sensitive issue becoming now. I wouldn't even like that it possible to search , google it without making account.
You as moderators, presumably lawyers,
know how sensitive online privacy policy can be.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:46 pm

gbxox wrote:I understand. However, immigration is very sensitive issue becoming now. I wouldn't even like that it possible to search , google it without making account.
The Moderators aren't lawyers. :idea: As has already been explained, we have no access to the technical operation of the Board and we give our time on a purely voluntary basis to keep the forum running when we have free time from work and family obligations.

You will see that after only 15 posts you still have the category of a member who is 'newly registered'.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:53 pm

gbxox wrote:I understand. However, immigration is very sensitive issue becoming now. I wouldn't even like that it possible to search , google it without making account.
Unfortunately, we cannot control what appears in a Google search. This is a public forum so is searchable to anyone in the world if they choose to search a specific immigration subject, which is why members should post their circumstances carefully without personal indentifiable information.

Not sure what you mean by 'online privacy policy'?? Do you mean 'data protection act'??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gbxox
Newly Registered

Post by gbxox » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:55 pm

"Unfortunately, we cannot control what appears in a Google search"
Yes, you can, definitely your webmaster can control what appears on the online google search.

Not sure what you mean by 'online privacy policy'?? Do you mean 'data protection act'??"
Yes , I mean data protection act.
You know when you say to HO 'unfortunately' , they will laugh at you. In law there are no unfortunate excuses.
This is a great forum. I appreciate time and effort you moderators devote to answer members questions.
However when I login I see more guests then members. Then I see if I'm a quest I can search; if I'm a member I can't.
So what is my purpose of being a member ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:03 pm

To post your immigration questions and have them answered, perhaps? :idea:

As members post under an anonymous user name, how would they be at risk under 'data protection' :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gbxox
Newly Registered

Post by gbxox » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:31 pm

As members post under an anonymous user name, how would they be at risk under 'data protection' :?:[/quote]
Ok, except that email addresses can be hacked it is a content of my question and your answer I want to hide from let's say HO.
I don't want them to be able to preapare better defence than me . However, reading this forum they can have answers . And they are reading it mandatory believe me. That is my point.
I understand that more exposure and revenues for moderators lawyers is if the forum is public. However , I think you should consider making it private even to subscription.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:04 pm

gbxox wrote: I understand that more exposure and revenues for moderators lawyers is if the forum is public. However , I think you should consider making it private even to subscription.
Did you actually read my post where I clarified that Moderators aren't lawyers and have no financial gain whatsoever from the forum? Neither do we have any influence over how Immigration Board functions. :idea:

I believe you will be in the minority in wanting members to pay a subscription in order to access the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:15 pm

The forum is not governed by data protection act as it is not based in the UK.

Email addresses are not visible to members either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)