ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settling in another country

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AKANTONY
India

Settling in another country

Post by AKANTONY » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 am

Hi,
As my work permit Tier 2 General visa expires this September , Could someone help with valuable information on below query please;

-Am I eligible to apply for over 3 years work permit this time as I moved from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General in 2014.
-I thought of applying for PR or ILR in 2019 and with current requirement when I had a word with my Employer they showed a suffocation on my salary requirement to be 35.8k in order to be eligible to apply. In case if it doesn't work could someone point me to countries list I should look forward to apply to settle without any work permit or investment please.
- I am a Indian. I came to UK in 2011 as student and successfully completed my MBA.

Any advise on this will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Arun

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settling in another country

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:50 am

You an extend your Tier 2 General for another 3 years provided you still meet the requirements. You cannot hold Tier 2 General for more than 6 years.

I don't believe there is any country that you can just 'settle' without a work permit/visa or an investment visa or any visa really.

Your best option would be to meet the requirements for ILR based on Tier 2 General or if you can extend Tier 2 and then find another visa you qualify for till 2021, apply for ILR based on Long Residence which DOES NOT have a minimum salary requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AKANTONY
India

Post by AKANTONY » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:06 am

Thank you CR001 for your prompt reply. Since I have done my MBA - International Management n have got experience in Public Relations. Once I extend my current visa under PR job title. My employer have shown interest to offer me a Job of Area Sales Manager (SOC Code 3545) with new entrant salary of 25k. When my visa expires in 2020 I would complete a total of 6 years with my current employer. Could I continue working for the same employer with new job title n SOC code?
Kind Regards
Arun

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:11 am

You are not a new entrant. You need to be paid at experienced level.

You cannot hold a Tier 2 General visa for more than 6 yeas continuously.

You would only be able to get another tier 2 visa after serving a 12 month cooling off period, either outside the UK or for 12 months on a different visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AKANTONY
India

Post by AKANTONY » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:35 am

Thank you CR001. As you said earlier I will be eligible to apply for ILR based on Long residence in 2021 and not eligble to extend my Tier 2 visa after 6 years continuos stay. If I do a 1 year diploma course will I be eligible to apply for ILR then ?

Kind Regards
Arun

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:38 am

You likely won't get a CAS for studying a Diploma course. You would need to look into what you might qualify for nearer the time.

If you have dependents in the UK with you, they could apply for Tier 2 or Tier 4 and you could apply as their dependents to get through the last year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AKANTONY
India

Post by AKANTONY » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:48 am

I got my wife with me as dependent and she came to UK in 2016 and my daughter was born in 2017 in the UK. If my wife apply for a masters course in 2020 and I become her dependent ,am I still eligible apply for ILR under long residence then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:02 am

Yes, ALL visa cateogries count towards 10 years long residence. You must make sure you meet the strict absence requirements of no more than 540 days absence in the whole 10 years and you must not have any single absence of 180 days or more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AKANTONY
India

Post by AKANTONY » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:22 am

Thank you CR001 the information you provided sounds very helpful n have given me clearer picture. I really thank you from my from bottom of my heart.
Kind Regards
Arun

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:47 am

You are welcome. All the best with the route you choose and at least you know there are options to get to your 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)