ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to Apply for India visa after British passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pavan82
Newly Registered

How to Apply for India visa after British passport

Post by Pavan82 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Could any one please guide me how to apply for India visa after receiving the British passport .
How to and where to apply please? Do I need to Hand over my Indian passport ?

Thanks .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to Apply for India visa after British passport

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Topic moved to the 'Other countries' sub forum where you will find the information you need.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:14 am

Pavan82 wrote:How to and where to apply please? Do I need to Hand over my Indian passport ? Thanks .
You need to surrender your Indian passport before applying for an Indian visa. Start here.

Then apply for either an X-Visa or OCI.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

NiharMathur
Newly Registered

Post by NiharMathur » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:59 pm

You needn't have surrendered your Indian Passport before applying for a tourist Visa. We received our British Passports near the end of June. We were going to travel to India in the 2nd week of July.
There wasn't enough time to surrender the Indian passports, and of course for the OCI application after.

I simply applied for the online e-visa that was approved and received within 24 hours of online application. I travelled on my British passport with the e-visa. It was absolutely fine.

On returning from our holidays in August, we surrendered our Indian Passports. No questions were asked when surrendering the passports, and we got the surrender certificates within a week of applying.

Hope that helps!