ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comparion of living expenses London Vs Manchester

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp

Comparion of living expenses London Vs Manchester

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi Forum,

Can experienced members please comment on the comparison of average monthly living expenditure for a couple between London and Manchester?

Looking forward to your expert opinion.

Pardon if this has been asked before.

Thanks

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: Comparion of living expenses London Vs Manchester

Post by thirdwave » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:24 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Forum,

Can experienced members please comment on the comparison of average monthly living expenditure for a couple between London and Manchester?

Looking forward to your expert opinion.

Pardon if this has been asked before.

Thanks
Manchester=expensive
London=f****ing expensive

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi Forum,

Senior members can you please respond to the query?

Thirdwave, thanks for your response but something more quantitative will help.

Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Regards
Accomodation; Both can be as cheap as you like, if you can stomach living in really bad areas with rampant guncrime and druggies on the street corner. Opposite end m/cr can get expensive bit fo r the same in London, forget it, you can't afford it, none of us plebs can.

Everything else is cheaper in m/cr I'd say, plus commuting is a bit more pleasant, rolling hills are only 15 miles away and housing cheaper.

I don't particularly like either place tho.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:29 pm

Regards
Unless you can find someone who has lived in both cities in recent times, I would agree with Thirdwave's comparisons! It's hard even to compare London on its own, but trying to compare London to another city in the UK is quite complex. For example, in London, accommodation can be as cheap as £70/week and as expensive as £200/week...so what do you want?

First narrow down your choice of what type of information you want.

netacct

Post by netacct » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:23 am

The way I see is,

If you want to enjoy your life, you got active night life and don't care about how much you save, then just Live in London.

If money saving is your first priority then stay out of london.

I have lived 4.5 years in UK but working outside UK and desperately want to move to London and DONT care about cost of living.

Every city/town has some cheap areas and expensive areas.

Everything has a price and as an individual you have to come up with your own priorities. That will help you to evaluate all the options.

Alishah

Just reply

Post by Alishah » Fri May 23, 2008 8:41 am

To me; Living habit is the style you are living since born. It is often noticed that the immigrant live modrate life to start with.

If you like to maintain average life, you can live in one room flate with DD and Spam around zone six in Lodnon at about 800GBP, where as same living you can maintain in MC at 400 to 600 GBP.

I live in Doncaster at 400 GBP flate near city center.

I am sure this will give you hint of living, but it depand what style you want to adopt?

Bye

philgeorge999

Re: Just reply

Post by philgeorge999 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:00 pm

I have to disagree with people who say that London is more expensive than Manchester. It's really not that simple. In both cities you can find flat-share accommodation for £50 a week in some of the less nice areas, and in both you can rent a whole nice flat in a good area for around £250 a week. (Ok so London has some astronomically expensive areas that only oil-rich sheiks can afford, but that's irrelevant, noone real lives there).

Food is a bit cheaper in Manchester (but not much). Travel is actually cheaper in London because public transport (which you will use in London) costs less than a car (which you will need in Manchester).

So I'd argue that you'd be better off in London... particularly when you remember that salaries are significantly higher in some sectors.

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:17 pm

Dont worry just visit the following web site and search accomodation between Manch and lond. You will get better idea of rates and areas. Food is moreless same just dine out cost you diffrently.

I agree transportation is better in London, I would say it is better then any modren city.

http://www.findaproperty.com