ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 Year Route Documents Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dahuja
Newly Registered

ILR 10 Year Route Documents Query

Post by dahuja » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 am

Dear all,

I am a new member here and have reviewed quite a few forum posts to try and understand the situation, but excuse me if anything is posted incorrectly or on the wrong board.

I have a straightforward visa history with no overstays etc.
Aug 2007 to Jan 2010 Tier 4
Nov 2009 to Nov 2011 PSW
Oct 2011 to Feb 2016 Tier 4
April 2015 to Apr 2018 Tier 2

I have my passports with me and have copies of all my visas etc. I have compiled my travel history and have been out of UK for 255 days in total.

My question is that whether I need supplementary documents to support my application e.g. letter from employer, GP surgery, HMRC or Councils?

Also, do I need to prove address history for these 10 years?

In the section about why you wish to stay in UK, beyond the obvious one that I have a settled job and now family in UK, what else should be mentioned, if anything?

Another query I have is that my wife joined me in 2010 as a dependent of Tier 1 PSW, then transferred to Tier 4 Dependent and now is on Tier 2 Dependent. She doesn't complete her 10 years till 2020, but she will have done more than 2 years as my dependent on Tier 2 by April next year. Would she be able to apply for ILR based on that or would she have to wait for 2020 to apply?

Thanking you in anticipation.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR 10 Year Route Documents Query

Post by iworker » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:05 am

you dont need to provide any doc as long as u have all the passports.
For your wife, she cant apply ilr. She needs to change her visa to flr m.
if you are not travelling, try to apply for her such that once the flrm application is approved (she will get 2.5 years visa), she completes her 10 years so u avoid doing another application

dahuja
Newly Registered

Post by dahuja » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:29 pm

@ iworker, thanks for your quick response.

Another query as I am reviewing the form is regarding the language requirement. I may be overthinking this but the form states that

An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard
of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
[*]UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in
English; or
[*]the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English
speaking country (other than Canada)

I have got a MSc and PhD from UK so I would assume that I will meet the English Language requirements. But this form statement got me concerned that even with UK degree I need to get approval from UK NARIC that the degree meets UK Standards.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:48 am

the statement is for non-uk degree.
All uk degree, at bachelor level and above satisfy the english language requirement.

dahuja
Newly Registered

Post by dahuja » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:21 am

Just got appointment booked for 27th Sept, but now have a urgent query re: my tax and job.
Since 2015 I am on Tier 2 General visa. My role involves management, business development as well as training etc. I go to train in other companies and present at conferences etc, as a part of my role.
During one conference, I was invited by a University to lecture to their students re: my work. The topic was specific to what I am doing work as my main Tier 2 job. However, they subsequently sent me a form for payment which I didn't realise until later was a form for temporary appointment to the University so they could send the payment through PAYE. I only did that one session with them so the appointment has not been retained. I was paid through that and it is on my HMRC record.

My question is whether this will be considered as breaking Tier 2 visa rules (even though it was related to my work and presenting is within my job profile? And would it impact my SET (LR) application. Is there anything I can do e.g. cover letter to explain it or get a letter from my employer/ University to explain it? I am near PANIC mode and would appreciate urgent guidance please.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:20 am

dahuja wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:21 am
Just got appointment booked for 27th Sept, but now have a urgent query re: my tax and job.
Since 2015 I am on Tier 2 General visa. My role involves management, business development as well as training etc. I go to train in other companies and present at conferences etc, as a part of my role.
During one conference, I was invited by a University to lecture to their students re: my work. The topic was specific to what I am doing work as my main Tier 2 job. However, they subsequently sent me a form for payment which I didn't realise until later was a form for temporary appointment to the University so they could send the payment through PAYE. I only did that one session with them so the appointment has not been retained. I was paid through that and it is on my HMRC record.

My question is whether this will be considered as breaking Tier 2 visa rules (even though it was related to my work and presenting is within my job profile? And would it impact my SET (LR) application. Is there anything I can do e.g. cover letter to explain it or get a letter from my employer/ University to explain it? I am near PANIC mode and would appreciate urgent guidance please.
You are applying ILR on 10 year residency it has nothing to do with T2 / tax. As iworker mentioned the only thing you'd need is your passports. There is no any other requirement for 10 years long residency.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

joomlajunkie
Newly Registered

Post by joomlajunkie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:10 pm

That's interesting, but isn't one of the condition for ILR LR that the applicant should have stayed within the terms of their visa. In the above case, would that condition not be broken?

So if the OP were employed in one SOC code and then they got appointed as lecturer in Uni (which will be a different SOC code, I assume), then that could be considered break of Tier 2 rules.

Can any Mod please advise?

dahuja
Newly Registered

Post by dahuja » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:26 pm

makky86 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:20 am
dahuja wrote:

You are applying ILR on 10 year residency it has nothing to do with T2 / tax. As iworker mentioned the only thing you'd need is your passports. There is no any other requirement for 10 years long residency.
Thanks for your response. But as the poster below mentions I am concerned about the clause which indicates that terms of visa might be broken if I have worked with a different employer in potentially a different role (even though I know that it was the same, but how/ whether I need to explain it).

I would be really grateful for any input.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:53 pm

dahuja wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:26 pm
makky86 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:20 am
dahuja wrote:

Thanks for your response. But as the poster below mentions I am concerned about the clause which indicates that terms of visa might be broken if I have worked with a different employer in potentially a different role (even though I know that it was the same, but how/ whether I need to explain it).

I would be really grateful for any input.
I think you are not reading the replies proprely. I clearly mentioned that they only need lawful 10 years residency nothign else. They will NOT require any sort of documents for T2 or tax.

As long as you have been legally in the UK for last 10 years and not have any court conviction then you should be okay.

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

dahuja
Newly Registered

Post by dahuja » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Sorry I have read your post properly and I understand that one of the conditions for Long Residence ILR is 10 years continuous stay which I fulfill.
My concern stems from the second condition in the same link -

You must also have:
  • been in the UK legally for 10 years (known as your ‘continuous residence’)
    • kept to the terms of your UK visa

Kept to terms of your UK visa which I am concerned about whether these will be considered to be broken in my specific circumstances. Would UKVI check HMRC records for SET(LR) applications?

Thanks for your patience.

monza

Post by monza » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi dahuja,

Some of your question i already raised in my topic, we are applying almost same time.

dahuja
Newly Registered

Post by dahuja » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:15 pm

monza wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm
Hi dahuja,

Some of your question i already raised in my topic, we are applying almost same time.
Hi @Monza, thanks for your response. Can you post a link to your query so I can review it. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:59 am

dahuja wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:15 pm
monza wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm
Hi dahuja,

Hi @Monza, thanks for your response. Can you post a link to your query so I can review it. Thanks
Any reason you couldn't look or search for it?

indefinite-leave-to-remain/help-prepari ... 32847.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dahuja
Newly Registered

Post by dahuja » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Thanks @joomlajunkie, makky86, CR001 and Monza.
I got my ILR today. I have provided details of my experience in the Successful PEO applications thread.

This board has been really useful and I am thankful to the moderators for their selfless service to the cause of immigration guidance.