ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent visa delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukb257
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent visa delay

Post by ukb257 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:19 am

Hi,

I have applied for my wife's visa (Tier 2 dependent) on 11th of Aug at Hyderabad, India and received an email saying they received it on 21th Aug.

The email also says they will process it within 15 working days. But the at the point of dropping the visa we have been told that it usually take around week and week and half to get your visa.

Is there anybody who recently applied for similar visa and got the visa? i.e. how long did it take you?

Regards,

Uday

manorana2009

Re: Tier 2 Dependent visa delay

Post by manorana2009 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:26 am

Hi Uday,

Application was submitted: Monday 17 July 2017 Delhi
Decision was made: 1st Aug 2017
Passport received: 8th Aug 2017

Thanks
Manoj

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Re: Tier 2 Dependent visa delay

Post by jkhaliq » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:19 pm

ukb257 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:19 am
Hi,

I have applied for my wife's visa (Tier 2 dependent) on 11th of Aug at Hyderabad, India and received an email saying they received it on 21th Aug.

The email also says they will process it within 15 working days. But the at the point of dropping the visa we have been told that it usually take around week and week and half to get your visa.

Is there anybody who recently applied for similar visa and got the visa? i.e. how long did it take you?

Regards,

Uday

Hi there,
These are busy times and visa can be delayed, you have to check the status of the visa application on

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

use the GWF number, it will give you an indication. Bear in mind that the decision making takes 15 working days and once the decision has been made, it can take upto 10 working days to get the passport back, so in the worst case, we are looking at minimum of 25 working days.